Is anyone here good at math?

zindan
25 minutes ago, zindan said:

By good I mean Calculus good. 

What do you need to know

System: Corsair 500R | i7 4770k | Coolermaster 212 Evo | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz | Windforce R9 290 | Evo 840 250GB | Barracuda 2TB | Barracuda 3TB | Dell U2410 LG 23EA63V 

20 minutes ago, zindan said:

Do you know anything about the complex plane? 

I do - i is the square root of -1 imaginary numbers

subscribe to pewdiepie

Complex plane is also know as the imaginary plane + the real plane  and occurs in situations with the square root of a negative number is used in an equation. So what do you need help with it. Granted you need a real portion for it to be considered complex and not just imaginary. (though zero can be used if you want to have it setup in the same manner)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

task 4326

"The roots to the equation z^n=w are shown in the figure, what's the equation?

Now... I am thinking z^3 since it's 3 different vectors there are 3 roots that are correct. If you multiply each one of the vectors with the other two you will get w and hence the equation. I'm not quite sure on how I am gonna get the first vector though.. I can see a 5 so the radius of the circle must be 5. 

22550901_1497139543655257_2092668259_o.jpg

Or hang on a second. The vector that points up is z=5i in polar form it's z=5(cos(90)+i*sin(90) ahh I just do z^3 with that one and I will have the equation. All that it took was looking at it a little bit closer. Thank you anyways. 

1 hour ago, -TesseracT- said:

Matematik 5000, kurs 4... hehe

Hur mycket matte har du läst totalt?

2 minutes ago, zindan said:

Hur mycket matte har du läst totalt?

Upp till matte 5 på gymnasiet. läser nu teknisk matematik på högskola, chalmers, första året. 

9 hours ago, zindan said:

By good I mean Calculus good. 

I had to google calculus but it seems you only have to do that course at a university math degree? If yes, then you have a pretty sick definition of good my friend.

I consider this god mode because I currently suck balls but I am trying hard to improve.

8 minutes ago, Teddy07 said:

I had to google calculus but it seems you only have to do that course at a university math degree? If yes, then you have a pretty sick definition of good my friend.

I consider this god mode because I currently suck balls but I am trying hard to improve.

Calculus is the math that makes physics possible in its present form. You need a solid background in calculus for any sort of math/physics/chemistry/engineering degree, and there's a much wider variety of actual professions where you can't really get by without it.

"Do as I say, not as I do."

-Because you actually care if it makes sense.

2 minutes ago, Dash Lambda said:

Calculus is the math that makes physics possible in its present form. You need a solid background in calculus for any sort of math/physics/chemistry/engineering degree

Thanks for the explanation

I didn't have math in a few years because I had a job. I started last semester in the summer which is the second semester of the computer science degree. I had there to proof things for the first time in my life and failed quite hard. I mean it is not impossible hard but I was just too bad. I didn't take the exam in the end. I just need to start lower.

I strangely have to take math for engineers 1 this semester as a first-semester course. I think that suits me better but I still have to try hard.

Don't get me wrong I like math, but I just have to get used to it again.

21 hours ago, -TesseracT- said:

Upp till matte 5 på gymnasiet. läser nu teknisk matematik på högskola, chalmers, första året. 

Teknisk matematik? Vadå en utbildning som går ut på matematik alltså? Vilka matte kurser ska du läsa under hela utbildningens gång ?

20 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

Thanks for the explanation

I didn't have math in a few years because I had a job. I started last semester in the summer which is the second semester of the computer science degree. I had there to proof things for the first time in my life and failed quite hard. I mean it is not impossible hard but I was just too bad. I didn't take the exam in the end. I just need to start lower.

I strangely have to take math for engineers 1 this semester as a first-semester course. I think that suits me better but I still have to try hard.

Don't get me wrong I like math, but I just have to get used to it again.

The swedish and american math courses are different.. I assumed the one I'm doing right now is kind of calculus. No idea.. 

40 minutes ago, zindan said:

The swedish and american math courses are different.. I assumed the one I'm doing right now is kind of calculus. No idea.. 

I assume so, but I am from Germany ;)

2 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

I assume so, but I am from Germany ;)

Alright. Math is great man, it's so incredibly useful and magical. You should really do those courses. And no I don't think you need to try that hard, math isn't as hard as you think. Put 4-6 hours everyday and try to understand everything you do, don't just accept some formulas and stuff. Learn to understand them and how they came to be, in that way you will be able to apply the math very efficient. Goodluck. 

8 hours ago, zindan said:

Alright. Math is great man, it's so incredibly useful and magical. You should really do those courses. And no I don't think you need to try that hard, math isn't as hard as you think. Put 4-6 hours everyday and try to understand everything you do, don't just accept some formulas and stuff. Learn to understand them and how they came to be, in that way you will be able to apply the math very efficient. Goodluck. 

Really good advice! I will follow your advice.

Yes, I will put some serious hours into the math course. I will prepare every exercise sheet for every course because I notice that this is so important last semester.

I already bought math books so I can look up stuff. No more fooling around. I take this course very seriously because my goal is to be good at math and I have to pass 3 math courses to get my computer science degree.

12 hours ago, zindan said:

Teknisk matematik? Vadå en utbildning som går ut på matematik alltså? Vilka matte kurser ska du läsa under hela utbildningens gång ?

Ja. Man läser massa kurser i bland annat analys, linjär algebra, sannolikhetslära, programmering, datavetenskap, beräkningsvetenskap, optimering, fysik, differentialekvationer, statistik, diskret matematik, databehandling.... de är under de tre första åren, kandidaten. 

8 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

Really good advice! I will follow your advice.

Yes, I will put some serious hours into the math course. I will prepare every exercise sheet for every course because I notice that this is so important last semester.

I already bought math books so I can look up stuff. No more fooling around. I take this course very seriously because my goal is to be good at math and I have to pass 3 math courses to get my computer science degree.

Let me know if you need any help, perhaps I can explain some stuff to you in a way that will make it way easier to understand. Pm me. 

8 hours ago, -TesseracT- said:

Ja. Man läser massa kurser i bland annat analys, linjär algebra, sannolikhetslära, programmering, datavetenskap, beräkningsvetenskap, optimering, fysik, differentialekvationer, statistik, diskret matematik, databehandling.... de är under de tre första åren, kandidaten. 

Härligt, låter roligt. Ska dock gå spelutveckling. 

2 minutes ago, zindan said:

Härligt, låter roligt. Ska dock gå spelutveckling. 

Det gjorde jag första året på gymnasiet. Bytte sedan gymnasieskola (som inte är av anledningar att jag tyckte att utbildningen var tråkig eller dålig). Grejen är dock, att när du går teknisk matematik, kan du välja en master (de sista två av fem åren i din utbildning) där du kan välja datavetenskap. Utbildningen är så bred, att du kan jobba med i stort sett allt som har med matematik och datorer och göra, så du kan definitivt bli en spelutvecklare om du läser denna utbildning. 

On 10/15/2017 at 7:36 AM, zindan said:

task 4326

"The roots to the equation z^n=w are shown in the figure, what's the equation?

Now... I am thinking z^3 since it's 3 different vectors there are 3 roots that are correct. If you multiply each one of the vectors with the other two you will get w and hence the equation. I'm not quite sure on how I am gonna get the first vector though.. I can see a 5 so the radius of the circle must be 5. 

22550901_1497139543655257_2092668259_o.jpg

Welp was going to make a joke about math being a second language to me but seems like it's literally in a second language.

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.