Daisy Chain Dell u3417w to u3415w Issues

SRT10

Question here folks.  Daisy chaining monitors via displayport.  I don't game at all as a precursor.  I have a Dell u3415w & u3417w, another u3417w coming mid next week.  Currently I'm just trying to daisy chain the main screen u3417w to the u3415w via displayport and without them being mirror'd.  That's the goal. (they're currently connected as per below method and mirror'd).  

The video card is AMD R9 270. 

Main display (u3417w) connected via displayport (set to dp 1.2).

Secondary display connected via u3417w via displayport out to minidp to u3415w displayport in.

Currently both monitors are mirror mode.

Other vid card connections.

Asus PB278Q connected via HDMI from card to monitor.

R9 270 also has hdmi out to Atmos/DTSX Marantz receiver to manage Atmos/DTSX/HD audio here in my home office.

https://i.gyazo.com/826b82e7674fdb2ac62b407cff7eb3ca.jpg

The setup is yet to be completed of courseso bare with the awkwardness of the setup, I have to remove the asus and wall mount (Baseball & Hockey monitor :P ) once the 3rd u3417w gets here and I have another 6 feet of desk going to the right side (already 12 feet that goes left not in the pic).

Daisy chaining monitors is not working.......Once I set the u3417w to mst on it all went to shit.....

Thanks for any direction fellas, I appreciate it.  

SRT10

When both monitors connected along with both set to DP1.2, I turn on the MST to "enable" on the main u3417w monitor......both reset themselves but only the u3415w comes back up as the main display while the u3417w goes black and cannot source the DP connection.....

• 2 months later...

Check the documentation. It says that DP 1.2 MST support 2x 1920x1080 screens. Connecting another 3440x1440 won't work daisy chained (DP 1.2 won't be able to carry that bandwidth either...)