[Completed] Project: OverDrive

Hey Guys!

Got another incoming project in partner with EVGA, CoolerMaster, Zadak511 and Thermaltake! CoolerMaster was generous enough to throw in one of their most gorgeous computer case, the MasterCase Maker 5T! And I will be calling this project "OverDrive". 

aGVsiowl.jpg

lk3ehWcl.jpg

pJBnBB6l.jpg

LroHHRCl.jpg

HvOfUhIl.jpg

This is one of the things that I love about this piece of gorgeousness, the top handle. 

t9aoTool.jpg

dKbiInAl.jpg

ZYJeDGrl.jpg

And here's a few more photos of this gorgeousness.

O9zq5nPl.jpg

8xqci0ol.jpg

oDso05vl.jpg

o2CS57al.jpg

yeIi3VHl.jpg

tVktI8fl.jpg

mfe0PBnl.jpg

F4f6HDKl.jpg

U8WAwozl.jpg

EVGA showed their awesomeness again with their support by sending in some of their awesome hardware!

TXxPQkTl.jpg

rozkHO0l.jpg

q93E1yVl.jpg

Aur535xl.jpg

CUmPsWcl.jpg

QuPficzl.jpg

PN2C5eSl.jpg

g3dX73Yl.jpg

sIjk54sl.jpg

ZBeylbhl.jpg

2sOG5ERl.jpg

JQd5Qmql.jpg

bMPh9TTl.jpg

HtwmMOel.jpg

I'll be using some of Thermaltake's newest fittings, the Pacific M-Pro fittings.

vbHNK4Kl.jpg

jzwW1Cil.jpg

And here's their new Digital Temperature Sensor/Indicator fitting.

uzcwwaJl.jpg

cZDAb7Zl.jpg

sW3AkJLl.jpg

And here is the second reason why I am soooooo pumped with this project. I will be using a pair of bad-ass looking RAM from ZADAK511. Shield RGB DDR4 16gb RAM! These looks awesome out of the box! Well, the unboxing of it was a puzzle but yet one of the most amazing unboxing I have ever experienced.

Or3OBLOl.jpg

eMGKD8al.jpg

aNNZzr5l.jpg

hGIcFYIl.jpg

When I opened the box up, I was surprised that there were some compartments/dividers. I'm like, "wuuuuuuuut is this??" So I started pulling them out and then, well, see for yourself.

Lvz9AtDl.jpg

OK8IPmOl.jpg

The thing came with patches, a lanyard, some gloves and a SSD!

5QF5HMal.jpg

hzolJGRl.jpg

In case you were wondering "I thought it was supposed to be DDR4 RAM?", well, that's exactly what came into my head when I opened it up. Remember what I said above that the unboxing experience of this was a puzzle? The DDR4 RAM were carefully hidden on top. There was a piece of cardboard that you need to pull aaaaaaaand...

sonav8Cl.jpg

GdZ7yYql.jpg

9bK41bIl.jpg

bIkWg2Dl.jpg

GjsJWLLl.jpg

7cEC9QDl.jpg

GuJ3JgPl.jpg

LXpO8sTl.jpg

ZWxiQWcl.jpg

p0p4on4l.jpg

Don't they look amazing? So after pulling all those out, I thought that was everything, buuuuuuuut! I accidentally pulled the piece of box where the RAMs where sitting, and what I found was just amazing. It came with Google VR Cardboard! 

J2J3vE6l.jpg

q9MSIZAl.jpg

After discovering the VR cardboard, I have spent probably 20 more minutes trying to see if there are more hidden loots in that small box. But sadly, that was all. But still, the loots that came with the box really surprised me. 

Well, there's more photos to come but that's it for me for now. See you guys in the next update! Ciao!

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys!

It's been a while since I started this project and I think its time for some update.

A month ago, I started to do the front custom front panel for the project. First off, acrylic sheet! By the way, you will see a lot of "Blue" color on this update since I was using a painter's tape to draw my cut on the acrylic and aluminum sheets.

wgmAHqll.jpg

After drawing out the cut that I wanted, I headed down to our "creepy" basement and started the cutting procedure.

gKNmYQXl.jpg

0JJ2W9Il.jpg

JWnIuLYl.jpg

After cutting and trimming off, it was time to use my DIY acrylic sheet bender. 

X9gk16il.jpg

UjZzjAcl.jpg

tMdIAjAl.jpg

xc34Zz0l.jpg

t0JLOUwl.jpg

isytlNCl.jpg

QD5w7ogl.jpg

And while I was down in the creepy basement, I decided to do the side cover for the project. 

vs3dVkhl.jpg

8iSmjngl.jpg

lRZZ7Vvl.jpg

Bu3dfrdl.jpg

9PdkW0Yl.jpg

A couple of week after I did the acrylic cuts, I then moved on to the aluminum cutting part of the custom front panel and side cover. I was using a 2mm and 2.5mm aluminum sheet.

xlEhv1Al.jpg

D6aZW4fl.jpg

The same process was done here. Sketch out the design/cut on the painter's tape covered aluminum sheet and start the ear-destroying cutting.

9QdmDXAl.jpg

My first tool of choice to use was my Dremel Motosaw. But......

MF4Ob0Ul.jpg

8pWQwWml.jpg

With all the vibrations that the motosaw is producing plus a not-so-stready hands of mine, I ended up snapping 5-6 blades. So I decided to go with the more "louder" of cutting method.... JIGSAW!

E13pAvql.jpg

7Oh2VJql.jpg

NaIwlqDl.jpg

Time to bend this baby up!

XSNH0cil.jpg

While I was at it, I decided to do the other 2 small parts of the front panel which will basically cover both sides of the front panel.

4t7pU6Hl.jpg

SnJ4krgl.jpg

Test fit! I was using double sided tape to mount the custom front panel.

qESoGBJl.jpg

After the aluminum front panel part, a week after I finished it, I moved on to doing the side cover aluminum cut. All of these aluminum cuts will be overlaid on top of the acrylic. Same process, I drew in the design that I wanted, and I added the logo of Zadak511. First attempt of cutting this out using the motosaw was a fail. I was going to try it again but then I realized....... I RAN OUT OF DAMN MOTOSAW BLADES! So instead of doing it manually, I ended up throwing it to the CNC after some minor design changes to get this to fit into the CNC bed.

3KeMQ8bl.jpg

RHIvhmtl.jpg

tfTtv12l.jpg

A3kpqwyl.jpg

A week ago, I stared to do some small test with the paint job since I live on the "Frozen Tundra" side of the earth, The weather temperature when I tried the paint job was -5c. The paint job somehow worked (using some tips from pro modders which is basically warming up the part that you will be painting and soaking your spray can into lukewarm water before using it), and I am just waiting for the paint to completely cure (in this kind of case, I usually wait for a week or a bit more before I attempt to handle the painted parts). Next update will be the result of the paint job and will be the custom PSU shroud that I was planning on doing. 

Next update will be next week, and give it a week or 2 more, and this project will be done! See you in the next update! Ciao! :)

Nice this will be a sexy build! Can't wait to see more pics

Zen Rig

- Ryzen 1700 @3.9ghz 1.325v

- Asrock AB350 Fatal1ty gaming K4

- 16GB Gskill Ripjaw DDR4 @2133mhz

- Asus GTX 970 Strix 4GB

- Evga Supernova 750w

- Adata 128gb SSD & Toshiba 1TB HDD

• 3 weeks later...

Final Update:

Hey guys! Finally, the last update for this project! 

A few weeks ago, I went ahead and did the custom PSU shroud for this project.  I wasn't planning on making one but for some reason, I did.

912koxNl.jpg

12QU1rcl.jpg

6YgU7fjl.jpg

QFAO0jtl.jpg

uzfoQ9Tl.jpg

One of the things that I hate the most when doing a project around the last quarter of the year, paint job! Where I live, the temperature goes down to around -5c around October and will continue to go down, so doing paint jobs on that kind of temperature is a pain in the butt. But after hearing a few tips and tricks from the pro's, the paint job came out better that what I would normally expect.

pj5u3ryl.jpg

0CBiWAwl.jpg

kOxd3DCl.jpg

dEtwSOPl.jpg

xoCXV5jl.jpg

While waiting for the paint to dry up, I went ahead and did the last cutting part for the project. A few details for the PSU shroud using 2.5mm aluminum sheet.

5V1FcFzl.jpg

ul0SPvCl.jpg

e41Vbpcl.jpg

Did a quick paint job on the PSU shroud cut out, waited for a week and did the assembly test to see how it will look like.

L0Jt3CDl.jpg

7hQQ7njl.jpg

After that, I then proceeded on putting the thing together. 

3FtKKpGl.jpg

xEFFNd0l.jpg

This, this was a last minute decision since I couldn't find any waterblocks for the EVGA 1070 card, and that decision was worth it. This thing looks absolutely sexy. 

WBjxbLNl.jpg

jogjrjJl.jpg

SzRrceOl.jpg

nZqdysvl.jpg

edxR271l.jpg

Waterblock for this build. 2017 = RGB.

Tp2FPYsl.jpg

First plan was to do a dual loop, on dedicated for the processor and another one for the GPU. oTYuEf7l.jpg

The only problem with that plan was, I had some really hard time running the tubes around. Although I have small, dainty "Asian" hands, I still had troubles putting the loop together, so I decided to just go with a simple loop. 

oTYuEf7l.jpg

Aaaaaaand, after filling the loop up and did a test leak, time to put everything together and light this baby up!

iyv6zVLl.jpg

iK8It6Vl.jpg

an2tWCxl.jpg

TQSON1zl.jpg

EPLxaN0l.jpg

ft6y4eDl.jpg

YwLTi3Il.jpg

sFIIwOjl.jpg

Oj9J03Fl.jpg

013Mdvyl.jpg

SbzBkWdl.jpg

Powering this baby up, with all the RBG strips inside, the room became a rainbow paradise. :P

SnSLYojl.jpg

Sq0w3ipl.jpg

L7mSJ1wl.jpg

0Q6cWfQl.jpg

9u8LenBl.jpg

CPHUTd5l.jpg

NAgdvAGl.jpg

13hbCAll.jpg

4a19XRdl.jpg

nMMJVeol.jpg

UWQu8url.jpg

10LvWOBl.jpg

6OYxB1Ll.jpg

WU79xBZl.jpg

This was my initial rendering. I must say, I am quite happy with where I ended up. Sure, the plan for the loop didn't work, but hey, the project still turned out pretty cool. And it was close enough with the rendering, so I'll take that any day!

xbf2WLll.png

iK8It6Vl.jpg

Well, that's a wrap for me this year! For those people who kept on visiting my work logs, thank you very much! Time to move on to the next project. Probably a scratch build. You guys have a great holidays! Ciao! :) 

On 12/12/2017 at 10:07 AM, deathlikeeric said:

Nice this will be a sexy build! Can't wait to see more pics

Thanks buddy!

Wow looks amazing! Probably one of the best cases i have ever seen. Would gladly buy one if i saw it on a shelf :D

WOW! very impressive. Such craftsmanship!

Share any interests with me? Feel free to message me just to chit chat about whatever. 

(Music) Depeche Mode, The Cure, Pink Floyd, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Cocteau Twins, MGMT, Boy Harsher, The Smiths, Drab Majesty, Chelsea Wolfe, Carly Rae Jepsen, The Smashing Pumpkins, Virgin Prunes, Sky Ferreira, London After Midnight, Jonathan Coulton, Alvvays, Clan of Xymox, Bauhaus, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Anna Von Hausswolff, Joy Division, Sisters of Mercy, She Wants Revenge, The Frozen Autumn, My Bloody Valentine, Type O Negative, The Birthday Party, Leonard Cohen, Switchblade Symphony, Metallica, Creedance Clearwater Revival, Eagles, Elton John, Billy Joel.

(Games) PUBG, Metro Series, Command and Conquer games, Warhammer 40,000 games, Company of Heroes (2), RDR2, CoD4

(Other) Going to the goth club, Firearms, Building PCs (Especially budget PC builds), Playing instruments (Guitar, Piano APP for PC, Otamatone, Trombone) Camping, Board Games

16 hours ago, Rackooo said:

Wow looks amazing! Probably one of the best cases i have ever seen. Would gladly buy one if i saw it on a shelf :D

Thanks man! That just made my day!

3 hours ago, BarackOBatman said:

WOW! very impressive. Such craftsmanship!

Thanks! 

4 minutes ago, Rackooo said:

Do you mod cases as a job or is this more of a hobby?

Oh god.. I wish I was doing this for a living so I don't need to cram all of my free time on weekends to work on projects like this. But, yeah, it's more like a hobby for me. Sort of a "stress-reliever". :P

Wow... This build is one of the nicest I've seen in a while. I love the aesthetics of it :) Great job!!!

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

New Build Currently Under Construction! See here!!!! -----> 

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Zeonnight [CPU AMD Athlon x2 4400][GPU Sapphire Radeon 4650 1GB][RAM 2GB DDR2]

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

QUOTE ME SO I CAN SEE YOUR REPLYS!!!!

Thank you very much dude! Im actually working on a design/concept for a scratch build right now. It might have a similar look to this one. 

Really awesome build. However, why did you buy airflow fans for the front? Since the front area is limited in pulling air in, besides the top, air pressure fans would of been better in order to push fresh air in. Am I wrong in thinking that?

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

15 minutes ago, Brehohn said:

Really awesome build. However, why did you buy airflow fans for the front? Since the front area is limited in pulling air in, besides the top, air pressure fans would of been better in order to push fresh air in. Am I wrong in thinking that?

Thanks man! If I understood your question correctly, I have the fans pushing out air to the front. The only fans that are pushing in air inside are the 2 top fans. And I'll probably end up tearing the thing apart within a few months since I will need the processor and the GPU waterblock for another project. :) 

7 hours ago, kazuma said:

Oh god.. I wish I was doing this for a living so I don't need to cram all of my free time on weekends to work on projects like this. But, yeah, it's more like a hobby for me. Sort of a "stress-reliever". :P

Well thats a shame. I would really like one of these would look so nice in my room. Keep up the amazing work cant wait to see more builds from you!

9 minutes ago, Rackooo said:

Well thats a shame. I would really like one of these would look so nice in my room. Keep up the amazing work cant wait to see more builds from you!

Thanks man! If you were just living right beside me, I would love to make you one. 

13 hours ago, kazuma said:

Thanks man! If I understood your question correctly, I have the fans pushing out air to the front. The only fans that are pushing in air inside are the 2 top fans. And I'll probably end up tearing the thing apart within a few months since I will need the processor and the GPU waterblock for another project. :) 

Ohhhhhhh! Ok, makes sense then! I should have noticed the orientation ?

*Insert Name* R̶y̶z̶e̶n̶ Intel Build!  https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/748542-insert-name-r̶y̶z̶e̶n̶-intel-build/

Case: NZXT S340 Elite Matte White Motherboard: Gigabyte AORUS Z270X Gaming 5 CPU: Intel Core i7 7700K GPU: ASUS STRIX OC GTX 1080 RAM: Corsair Ballistix Sport LT 2400mhz Cooler: Enermax ETS-T40F-BK PSU: Corsair CX750M SSD: PNY CS1311 120GB HDD: Seagate Momentum 2.5" 7200RPM 500GB

13 hours ago, kazuma said:

Thanks man! If you were just living right beside me, I would love to make you one. 

thats nice :D shame if ive seen correctly youre from canada?

2 hours ago, Rackooo said:

thats nice :D shame if ive seen correctly youre from canada?

Yep. I live on one of the coldest part of Canada. Right now, wind chills here is -39c. LOL!

51 minutes ago, kazuma said:

Yep. I live on one of the coldest part of Canada. Right now, wind chills here is -39c. LOL!

And i thought we had it cold at -2 haha. The positive side is you dont even need water cooling just put the pc outside and overclock the sh*t out of it haha

2 minutes ago, Rackooo said:

And i thought we had it cold at -2 haha. The positive side is you dont even need water cooling just put the pc outside and overclock the sh*t out of it haha

LMFAO! I actually tried that before. When Linus did the "whole room" water cooling vid, I tried out mine. Got x3 360mm thick radiators screwed down on a piece of aluminum sheet and mounted it on a small window, ran petg tubes and some flexible ones to my 5820k, and the temp went down to around -5c at full load (4ghz) although I didn't overclocked it. And that was around the 1st week of winter 2 years ago. After a day of running that set up, I dismantled the thing since having the window opened was no fun at all at winter time. :P 

48 minutes ago, kazuma said:

LMFAO! I actually tried that before. When Linus did the "whole room" water cooling vid, I tried out mine. Got x3 360mm thick radiators screwed down on a piece of aluminum sheet and mounted it on a small window, ran petg tubes and some flexible ones to my 5820k, and the temp went down to around -5c at full load (4ghz) although I didn't overclocked it. And that was around the 1st week of winter 2 years ago. After a day of running that set up, I dismantled the thing since having the window opened was no fun at all at winter time. :P 

Hmmm my PC is in the basement. I wonder if I can get it through one of those awning windows without damaging anything... Will need a alcohol based fluid though for how cold it gets :P -23 feels like -33 right now

Use this guide to fix text problems in your postGo here and here for all your power supply needs

Spoiler

Deathwatch:[CPU I7 4790K @ 4.5GHz][RAM TEAM VULCAN 16 GB 1600][MB ASRock Z97 Anniversary][GPU XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB][STORAGE 250GB SAMSUNG EVO SSD Samsung 2TB HDD 2TB WD External Drive][COOLER Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo][PSU Cooler Master 650M][Case Thermaltake Core V31]

Spoiler

Cupid:[CPU Core 2 Duo E8600 3.33GHz][RAM 3 GB DDR2][750GB Samsung 2.5" HDD/HDD Seagate 80GB SATA/Samsung 80GB IDE/WD 325GB IDE][MB Acer M1641][CASE Antec][[PSU Altec 425 Watt][GPU Radeon HD 4890 1GB][TP-Link 54MBps Wireless Card]

Spoiler

Carlile: [CPU 2x Pentium 3 1.4GHz][MB ASUS TR-DLS][RAM 2x 512MB DDR ECC Registered][GPU Nvidia TNT2 Pro][PSU Enermax][HDD 1 IDE 160GB, 4 SCSI 70GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 3]

Spoiler

Spoiler

Server [CPU 2x Xeon L5630][PSU Dell Poweredge 850w][HDD 1 SATA 160GB, 3 SAS 146GB][RAID CARD Dell Perc 6i]

Spoiler

Kero [CPU Pentium 1 133Mhz] [GPU Cirrus Logic LCD 1MB Graphics Controller] [Ram 48MB ][HDD 1.4GB Hitachi IDE]

Spoiler

Mining Rig: [CPU Athlon 64 X2 4400+][GPUS 9 RX 560s, 2 RX 570][HDD 160GB something][RAM 8GBs DDR3][PSUs 1 Thermaltake 700w, 2 Delta 900w 120v Server modded]

RAINBOWS!!!

1 minute ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

Hmmm my PC is in the basement. I wonder if I can get it through one of those awning windows without damaging anything... Will need a alcohol based fluid though for how cold it gets :P -23 feels like -33 right now

Try it! When i tried mine, it was like around -15c outside and wind chill was -23c. And I was using the first coolant that thermaltake made 2 years ago. Make sure you will have an option to be able to close your window once you have your system shut down. Don't be a dumb dumb like me. I didn't consider the option of closing the window, went to bed, woke up in the morning and the room where I did the test was just freeeeeeezing cold AF.

@kazuma at least I won't have a problem of it being to warm :P

Screenshot_2018-01-04-17-49-34-446_com.pelmorex.WeatherEyeAndroid.thumb.png.3df7fca8d48e4f81ecb87ad46859c351.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

RAINBOWS!!!

5 minutes ago, 8uhbbhu8 said:

@kazuma at least I won't have a problem of it being to warm :P

Screenshot_2018-01-04-17-49-34-446_com.pelmorex.WeatherEyeAndroid.thumb.png.3df7fca8d48e4f81ecb87ad46859c351.png

Duuuuuude!!! You're from winterpeg too?!?