Nintendo Switch Profile Pin/Password?

On the Switch i have setup my profile and 2 for my kids. So they have their own savegames ect.

I also downloaded the Parental control app and have it setup to prevent both my girls from buying something in the shop.

That works perfectly since it asks for the pin whenever she would try to buy anything.

Now the weird thing. She can select my profile and just go in and buy stuff :D 

I would think you would be able to protect the Parent profile with a pin or something? Am i missing something simple or is just an oversight?

And yes i know i can set it that it will ask for my password when i log into the shop. But i just find it weird they can select my profile without me being able to protect it.

So I have a Switch and have been messing around it for months and trying to find a password option to add it to ur account i can't seem to add passwords idk but there's probably no option for it

ASTRAY NOIR

CPU

Ryzen 5 3600

Cooler

Corsair H100I PRO

RAM

PNY XLR-8 EPIC-X DDR4-3200 CL16 32GB

GPU

ASUS ROG RTX 2070

STORAGE

SAMSUNG 850 EVO, 2xSEAGATE BARRACUDA PRO 1TB,A2000 1TB

Case

NZXT H500 

PSU

Enermax Revolution DF 650W

MONITOR

MSI MAG272,LG 22MP68BQ,DELL D2015H

PERIPHIRALS

Ducky One 2 (HORIZON) || Glorious Model O- Pink || G305 || Razer Nari Essential || HyperX Cloud II

There is no way to add a PIN to the switch yet unfortunately.

There is a workaround that you can set parental control on your profile as well, thats the best you can do right now.

Figured so much yeah. So far only the youngest one has gotten into settings by accident :D  And i was near enough to stop her.

I hope this gets resolved with an update. For now i'll teach them to not do certain stuff, and while i can always help them i'm not always around and my wife is not that good with tech ;) 

What worries me more is the horror story i read about a kid using all the crafted stuff in Zelda of his dads account :D:S 

23 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Figured so much yeah. So far only the youngest one has gotten into settings by accident :D  And i was near enough to stop her.

I hope this gets resolved with an update. For now i'll teach them to not do certain stuff, and while i can always help them i'm not always around and my wife is not that good with tech ;) 

What worries me more is the horror story i read about a kid using all the crafted stuff in Zelda of his dads account :D:S 

seeing how long this has been a problem nintendo probably doesnt care. I am getting my tinfoil hat here, but nintendo probably wants kidsto buy stuff so they can make more money. Just wait for the next Mario or Zelda game, it will probably have lootboxes that are locked behing some bullshit currency

Just now, Ruffleduffle said:

seeing how long this has been a problem nintendo probably doesnt care. I am getting my tinfoil hat here, but nintendo probably wants kidsto buy stuff so they can make more money. Just wait for the next Mario or Zelda game, it will probably have lootboxes that are locked behing some bullshit currency

Nah, the buying stuff can be easily avoided by me unticking remember password which is the better way anway (but i'm lazy).

And seeing how they handled DLC and such in the past makes me hope that wont happen ;) 

17 hours ago, Ruffleduffle said:

seeing how long this has been a problem nintendo probably doesnt care.

I don't get what you mean by this. Before the Wii U you couldn't even have more than one account on any of Nintendo's systems. You either had parental controls enabled for the console or you didn't. And on the Wii U the only reason this wasn't really as much of an issue was because switching accounts was kinda impossible to do it accidentally. I mean I loved that little box but it was super tedious going through menus.

Basically, what we're complaining about here is that Nintendo has done this:

@Dujith

I think if you had a pin for you account it would get pretty tedious pretty fast. Though if it's just for the eShop itself I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. I get that it's a bit of a pain to do it this way but it is already very possible to control eShop use anyways. As others have mentioned you can require the password to be used before purchases. You can also not save your card details and/or use eShop gift cards to add funds only when needed.

Lastlyin some regions you can purchase games online instead of on the system itself. I haven't used this because it's not available in my region. But if you can lock down the eShop on the console itself and purchase the games from an entirely different browser? Problem solved

Link to the US digital store site: https://www.nintendo.com/games/buy-digital

Fools think they know everything, experts know they know nothing