Reporting Threads when not logged in doesn't work

AlTech

I don't know if this is intentional or not but it's basically impossible to report a thread on LTT if someone is not logged in.

I was just casually browsing when not logged in and saw something which should be reported but it gave me some weird "Follow all threads" message and didn't do anything at all.......

Browser: FireFox 56.0

I've had this happen also on Windows 10 on Firefox 57 Beta.

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

I logged out just then to test the report function and the same problem occured.

39 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

<snip>

20 minutes ago, TheBeastPC said:

<snip>

IIRC guests are not allowed to report posts for security and spam reasons.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Well, I think that its a requirement that you have to be signed in, in order to use any funtions on the forums.

@AluminiumTech

Report the bug to @colonel_mortis in the bug thread so he can look into it.

I am not 100% on the message you got but I am fairly certain that guests cant report.

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, SansVarnic said:

@AluminiumTech

Report the bug to @colonel_mortis in the bug thread so he can look into it.

This is in the Bugs subforum cos I thought it was a bug :P.

Just now, SansVarnic said:

I am not 100% on the message you got but I am fairly certain that guests cant report.

kk

Judge a product on its own merits AND the company that made it.

How to setup MSI Afterburner OSD | How to make your AMD Radeon GPU more efficient with Radeon Chill | (Probably) Why LMG Merch shipping to the EU is expensive

Oneplus 6 (Early 2023 to present) | HP Envy 15" x360 R7 5700U (Mid 2021 to present) | Steam Deck (Late 2022 to present)

Mid 2023 AlTech Desktop Refresh - AMD R7 5800X (Mid 2023), XFX Radeon RX 6700XT MBA (Mid 2021), MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon (Early 2018), 32GB DDR4-3200 (16GB x2) (Mid 2022

Noctua NH-D15 (Early 2021), Corsair MP510 1.92TB NVMe SSD (Mid 2020), beQuiet Pure Wings 2 140mm x2 & 120mm x1 (Mid 2023),

3 minutes ago, AluminiumTech said:

This is in the Bugs subforum cos I thought it was a bug :P.

kk

lolz I messed up this is the bugs section! lol... for some reason I saw off topic.... /facepalm :/

Spoiler

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Guests aren't supposed to be able to report, but I will look into why the button is showing at all and why you're getting that error message rather than one that's more relevant.

HTTP/2 203