New ryzen build unusable!

lewisgarton

Hello, i have built a new system, and i have had non stop issues with the mouse stuttering, and audio cracking.

I have been trying to fix this issue for a week or so now and i am ready to throw in the towel.
I have narrowed it down to a DPC latency issue there are three processes that keep showing an issue which are :
        dxgkrnl.sys
        tcpip.sys
        ndis.sys
image below.

Things i have tried:
Reinstalling and updating all drivers.
Updating bios
Re installing windows (Multiple times)
Thermals are not an issue.

I really do not know what to do now, any help or suggestions would be great.

System info:
PSU: EVGA Supernova 650w 80+ gold
MOBO : Gigabyte gaming AB350 gaming 3
CPU: ryzen 1600
RAM: Corsair vengance lpx 2x8GB sticks  CMK16Gx4m2a2666c18
GPU: Gigabyte Xtreme Geforce GTX1080

System Name    DESKTOP-UMOUJ8T
System Manufacturer    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model    AB350-Gaming 3
System Type    x64-based PC
System SKU    Default string
Processor    AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor, 3200 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends Inc. F8, 8/18/2017
SMBIOS Version    3.0
Embedded Controller Version    255.255
BIOS Mode    Legacy
BaseBoard Manufacturer    Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Model    Not Available
BaseBoard Name    Base Board
Platform Role    Desktop
Secure Boot State    Unsupported
PCR7 Configuration    Binding Not Possible
Windows Directory    C:\Windows
System Directory    C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device    \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale    United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer    Version = "10.0.10586.420"
User Name    DESKTOP-UMOUJ8T\lewis
Time Zone    New Zealand Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory    16.0 GB
Available Physical Memory    12.0 GB
Total Virtual Memory    18.8 GB
Available Virtual Memory    14.6 GB
Page File Space    2.88 GB
Page File    C:\pagefile.sys
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions    Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware    No
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection    Yes

Capture.PNG

pic1.PNG

unnamed.jpg

I have mouse stuttering on my Ryzen 1700 in an ASUS Prime x370 with G-skill Ram at 2933. I was told by someone at a loca computer shop to turn my RAM down to 2666 to fix it, but I haven't tired it yet.

@lewisgartonWhile I don't even know what DPC Latency is, and you've mentioned reinstalling drivers, have you actually installed the Ryzen chipset drivers from AMD? http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows+10+-+64

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

@lewisgartonAlso, have you applied any sort of overclock to ram or cpu? I don't see you having mentioned doing a cmos reset, though things would probably reset to defaults when you update. Perhaps it'd be worth unplugging the system and popping the battery out for 5 minutes. Just to make sure there's no wonky settings messing with things. I'd not suggest any overclocks right now, until things are working as expected.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  Board: Asus PRIME X570-P  Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2x8) DDR4-3000  Case: Fractal Design Define S

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070  SSD: HP EX950 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM

PSU: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 750W  Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4  Monitor: Viotek GFT27DB 27.0" 2560x1440 144 Hz

Sorry, yes i have installed the latest chipset drivers, and no i have no overclock atm, bios is using default settings while i try to figure out this issue.

38 minutes ago, Fraser Cow said:

I have mouse stuttering on my Ryzen 1700 in an ASUS Prime x370 with G-skill Ram at 2933. I was told by someone at a loca computer shop to turn my RAM down to 2666 to fix it, but I haven't tired it yet.

Download and run latencymon, you may be having the same issues as me

Have the same issue on my ASUS Prime X370-PRO Ryzen 5 1600 16Gb 3666MHz DDR4 on 3200MHz .

My mouse studders also under network load... a good system should not!!!

Was stable (memtest for 4 passes) and no DPC latency issues when built some weeks ago..

It is not overclocked right now exept mem on 3200MHz!

Since NDIS is windows networking system.. LAN drivers should be the issue!

Tested so far:

Newest Intel E211 drivers 12.15.184.0    -

Prevoius Intel E211 drivers   -

Latest MB Bios 0902   -

PCIx RTL8168 1Gbit card disabling Intel E211  -

Latest Chipset drivers 17.30 from the start..!   -

Will try uninstall/remove all drivers and reinstall next!   ......

I have minimized the problem as much I can... tested all sorts off things, but increasing receive and transmit buffers in the Intel E211 drivers made some result, but still shit.

My son's Z170 board had the same issue solved by a late BIOS update from Gigabyte!

I get 320Mbit/s 0.5-5 ms lat while he has 1000Mbit/s <  0.1ms and we have the same AVG Zen Total Security same network etc!

Still testing.. 

Tested clean boot earlier... nothing!!

@RAM555789 You might be right..... my mistake 3200Mhz (Not 3666 ) CL16 DDR4 I almost got stable @ 1.385 Volts.. 1 -2 errors in every pass Memtest!

Now they run on 3066MHz @ 1.35 Volts.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:16 PM, lewisgarton said:

Sorry, yes i have installed the latest chipset drivers, and no i have no overclock atm, bios is using default settings while i try to figure out this issue.

go into bios set to UEFI mode

save and reboot

you may want reinstall windows with mobo in UEFI mode

"Solved" for me:  My Win 10 was an Win 7 upgrade  ... 

Sadly my only solution was to reinstall a clean Win 10 install  (W10X64.6x1.ENU.FEB2016) , by getting a MS account and there saving my License and format My Win partition!!

Only had to install AMD 17.30 Chipset drivers  and Nvidia Graphics drivers to get all drivers installed (Working, not latest). (ASUS Prime X370-PRO Ryzen 5 1600 Nvidia GTX1050Ti ), while always checking LatMon.

Strangly after Chipset drivers installed there was still DPC > 2 ms, after Nvidia graphics drivers it was solved!

Now I have +100 MByte/s copying files from my server with < 500 us DPC for some minutes.

Sorry was trying to find the true cause but is to lacy or dum... so Wtf reinstallation is quicker!!

Then don't fix.. what aint broken policy...

@bcguru9384 Being ooold don't fancy UEFI... care to point out/link UEFI vs Bios pro cons. Might be what caused it... UEFI might be the major choice now!!?

But get it: Bios API etc must have been there since 1985..   so you need to break away sometime!!

11 hours ago, Bektorkhan said:

@bcguru9384 Being ooold don't fancy UEFI... care to point out/link UEFI vs Bios pro cons. Might be what caused it... UEFI might be the major choice now!!?

But get it: Bios API etc must have been there since 1985..   so you need to break away sometime!!

i like bios to over uefi(im the one still uses netsh to program my network)

?was win7 a uefi install?

and as much as upgrades seem nice they always have issues

guess we need always do a full install 

i wonder if they tell installer to merge files if thats the issue

I don't think it was... In the Asus Bios it's not quite sure what you use... tried now to force Uefi... disabling Legacy Bios and there was no bootable devices left....

Being cautious I choose Legacy Bios on accessing the Boot USB Stick .. doing so, it looks like I selected Legacy Bios ..

I still have UEFI drivers first in BIOS but have no clue what it's using... 

Have to read up about it...  we are now a long way from me  14, progamming a Space Invaders Game on a Sinclair Zx81 with diy 2kbyte RAM expansion to 3k RAM...