4 120mm or 3 140mm?

Zenithal

I'm currently using the Corsair 460x, and was just wondering whether it would be better to have 3 120mm intake fans, and 1 120mm exhaust, or to have 2 140mm intake's, and 1 140mm exhaust.

2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

why not mix it up and leave the 3 120 intakes and just swap the exhaust to a 140?

because I'm planning on swapping out all of the fans anyway, and to get 3 120mm intakes, and 1 140mm exhaust would be slightly more expensive. If it was worth it for the difference I could consider it, but would it be really all the noticeable?

Just now, Zenithal said:

because I'm planning on swapping out all of the fans anyway, and to get 3 120mm intakes, and 1 140mm exhaust would be slightly more expensive. If it was worth it for the difference I could consider it, but would it be really all the noticeable?

why, the SP120 fans are perfectly good fans, they don't need replacing.

2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

why, the SP120 fans are perfectly good fans, they don't need replacing.

because, I care about looks too much, I'm wanting to swap them out for the new one's Corsair have just released.

On 10/13/2017 at 5:05 PM, Zenithal said:

because, I care about looks too much, I'm wanting to swap them out for the new one's Corsair have just released.

3x120mm's will perform better than 2x140mm's and the 140mm will perform better than the 120mm.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 10/13/2017 at 8:05 PM, Zenithal said:

so you care enough about looks to pointlessly replace 3 perfectly good fans, but then want to "cheap out" on the configuration of the new fans you are needlessly buying just for the looks?

I'm sorry but that doesn't make any sense to me, if you are already willing to toss out 60 bucks worth of fans just to get ones that look different, why is the few extra dollars for buying fans in different sizes a concern?