LTT business model details

50Shades

I'd really like to see an in depth video one of these times about how the LTT business model works. How long do you keep the sponsored hardware? Is it gifted with certain restrictions or just loaned? If the items are typically loaned, how do you ship them back? Who pays for shipping and how long do you typically keep an item before the company wants it back? The nitty gritty details of your business are interesting. Please share. 

If you would like an LMG Staff member to respond you should tag them... be advised that you will only get a general answer. They do have their trade secrets just like all companies do.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

1 hour ago, 50Shades said:

I'd really like to see an in depth video one of these times about how the LTT business model works. How long do you keep the sponsored hardware? Is it gifted with certain restrictions or just loaned? If the items are typically loaned, how do you ship them back? Who pays for shipping and how long do you typically keep an item before the company wants it back? The nitty gritty details of your business are interesting. Please share. 

All of that can basically be answered by "it depends"

Sometimes we buy hardware, sometimes it's provided along with a big sponsorship cheque, and everywhere in between.

Generally we expect the manufacturer to pay shipping to us and back, if applicable.

As for shipping stuff.. there's a reason we have a dedicated warehouse/inventory guy (who also works on writing stuff from time to time) - Tyler. It's very time consuming.

3 hours ago, LinusTech said:

All of that can basically be answered by "it depends"

Sometimes we buy hardware, sometimes it's provided along with a big sponsorship cheque, and everywhere in between.

Generally we expect the manufacturer to pay shipping to us and back, if applicable.

As for shipping stuff.. there's a reason we have a dedicated warehouse/inventory guy (who also works on writing stuff from time to time) - Tyler. It's very time consuming.

Actually I think that would make for an interesting video. Behind the scenes of a review where we get to see the entire workflow.

15 hours ago, chilicheeseburger said:

Actually I think that would make for an interesting video. Behind the scenes of a review where we get to see the entire workflow.

I agree! I think the viewers are invested and we all want LTT to succeed. Seeing how that's done is both interesting and informative.