Clevo/Eurocom to be releasing 8700k based laptops by November

WMGroomAK

Had not seen this posted yet, but Clevo/Eurocom have announced that they will be launching i7-8700k based laptops by November 15, 2017.  As far as specs go, since they are upgrading to the Z370 chipset, they gain support for Optane SSDs, a new Killer 2500 GbE controller and support up to DDR4-3000 memory speeds.

Anandtech Specs for the Eurocom Laptops:

59e0ee2f00282_EurocomLaptop.png.a92a72a84f8eb36729a374cf7054f612.png

Eurocom: https://www.anandtech.com/show/11926/eurocom-launches-sky-x4c-x7c-and-x9c-laptops-with-core-i78700k-cpus

eurocom_sky_x9c_bg_575px.jpg.b570633c909588ba0923f858c159000f.jpg

Eurocom has introduced its new Sky X4C, X7C and X9C desktop replacement notebooks featuring Intel’s latest six-core Coffee Lake processors (up to Core i7-8700K) and upgradeable NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics. Like other Eurocom systems, the machines are manufactured by Clevo, but they will have configurations that are specific to Eurocom. The systems will be available for sale in the coming weeks.

Eurocom’s Sky X-series DTR laptops are traditionally based on Intel’s desktop socketed CPUs. Since the Core i7-8700K (Coffee Lake) processors require Intel’s latest Z370 PCH and require new motherboards, Clevo and Eurocom introduced some additional upgrades to the new machines in addition to the CPU and the PCH. For example, all the machines get support for Intel Optane SSDs, a newer Killer E2500 GbE controller, and faster DDR4-3000 memory support. All of the systems can drive four monitors, feature a Realtek ALC892 audio solution with the Sound Blaster X Pro-Gaming 360° enhancements and the ESS Sabre ES9018K2M HiFi Audio DAC for headphones, integrated speakers with a subwoofer, and are equipped with 7-color backlit keyboards with WASD gaming keys. As with all DTR laptops, we are essentially talking about desktops in clamshell form-factors.

Eurocom plans to start sales of the new Sky X C-series laptops based on Intel’s Coffee Lake processors on November 15, 2017. Pricing will vary as Eurocom will offer various configurations of the notebooks, but expect them to be on par with the previous-generation Eurocom Sky X E2-series machines available today.

Clevo: https://www.anandtech.com/show/11916/clevo-announces-p870tm-laptop-coffee-lake-dtr

clevo_p870tm_3_575px.jpg.5e370b7d12ea13979d063323218aedf0.jpg

Clevo, a large OEM/ODM exclusively producing laptop computers, has announced three new laptops powered by the recently released Coffee Lake-S (desktop) CPUs. The flagship P870TM supports up to a 95W CPU in the hex-core i7-8700K and either a GTX 1070 or GTX 1080 as a single card or in SLI. The two other models, the P775TM, and P751TM, share the same options for processors, but for the most part different with GPU options. The P775TM gives users the choice of a GTX 1060, GTX 1070, or GTX 1080 in while the P751TM offers a GTX 1060 or GTX 1070 both in single card configurations.

The flagship P870TM replaces last year’s model, the P870KM, which was a pretty powerful desktop replacement laptop. The big change is going to be in CPU department with the incoming 8th generation Coffee Lake-S CPUs replacing the 7th generation Kaby Lake processors as options. Clevo posted benchmarks of Cinebench R15 claiming a 45.7% improvement over the i7-7700K on the last generation laptops; a direct result of the 50% increase in cores and threads in the i7-8700K. Video card options remain the same with a single or SLI GTX 1070 or GTX 1080s with support for 4K/FHD 17.3 displays using NVIDIA G-SYNC. Both the CPU and the GPU(s) are overclockable through the BIOS. Powering the laptop will be a 330W-660W power supply (based on GPU configuration).

Though Clevo will sell these outright, we can expect to see their resellers (Sager, Eurocom, Origin PC, Falcon Northwest, and dozens more) releasing their implementations in the coming weeks as well. Pricing was not listed and will vary depending on the hardware configuration selected. 

While it is really neat to see them cramming this much hardware (especially with these kind of specs) into a laptop form factor, I doubt I would really want one myself, even if I could afford it, as they look heavy, bulky and probably will throttle something fierce...  Would be interesting to know if they have delidded and replaced the TIM in these CPUs as that is supposed to be helping a bit with thermals on the newer Intel CPUs or if you could get a bit better performance out of these by doing that...  

They'll probably create a different laptop lineup though like the HQ series because of power consumption and heat.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Does this mean we'll finally have a laptop that supports cooking? I wonder what the thermals will be like. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

41 minutes ago, hconverse02 said:

They'll probably create a different laptop lineup though like the HQ series because of power consumption and heat.

Their laptops (this covers XMG and Sager as well I suppose) have already had full desktops 7700K in them. Mind you the strongest models were quite thick, but they had the cooling and were more than capable on running them. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

4 hours ago, WMGroomAK said:

2500 GbE controller

when I saw this I was like n725075089_288918_2774.jpg

But then I understood that sadly it's only a serial number

laptop and 17" are two words that dont really go together, you cant really carry that, can you? im struggeling with using a 15.6" as my daily, its just impractically big already

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

laptop and 17" are two words that dont really go together, you cant really carry that, can you? im struggeling with using a 15.6" as my daily, its just impractically big already

I find my 17" to be easy to carry.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

I find my 17" to be easy to carry.

really? how? like legit. I have a 15.6" thing from school i use in class all the time, using even it is a pain in the ass.  you get no space for anything, pulling it in and putting it in the bag all the time is just hell and the extra screen size isnt worth it in the slightest to me

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

really? how? like legit. I have a 15.6" thing from school i use in class all the time, using even it is a pain in the ass.  you get no space for anything, pulling it in and putting it in the bag all the time is just hell and the extra screen size isnt worth it in the slightest to me

Backpack for when I'm not using it. Trackpad is good enough for when I don't have room for a mouse, which is rarely, even when I was in high school.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

Backpack for when I'm not using it. Trackpad is good enough for when I don't have room for a mouse, which is rarely, even when I was in high school.

i can barely handle pulling mine out of my bag and putting it back 5 times or so a day, and carrying it everywhere. its just not even close to as nice as smaller laptops for what i find laptops usefull for, which is nothing more straining then light gameing, which mine barely handles because of its specs anyway lol

Builds:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Back in college, I had a Dell DV7 at 17.3" and while I had backpack to carry it with, it was a bit large.  Still made for a good college laptop.

20 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i can barely handle pulling mine out of my bag and putting it back 5 times or so a day, and carrying it everywhere. its just not even close to as nice as smaller laptops for what i find laptops usefull for, which is nothing more straining then light gameing, which mine barely handles because of its specs anyway lol

Get a bigger bag.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

Get a bigger bag.

havent got a choice but to use the extremely uggly one provided by school

Builds:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

havent got a choice but to use the extremely uggly one provided by school

Get a messenger bag if you can. I carried a messenger bag and backpack my senior year of high school.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

12 hours ago, WMGroomAK said:

Though Clevo will sell these outright, we can expect to see their resellers (Sager, Eurocom, Origin PC, Falcon Northwest, and dozens more)

Wait, Sager is a reseller?  I thought they were part of Clevo (i.e. they were the manufacturer)?