Cpu cooler fan ok to put in case fan slot?

Cuboid88

Today i finished up my build and i think i want 2 get a second fan for my CPU cooler and wanted to know if i could plug it into the case fan slots or if it made not difference. Also another quick question is it better to have the existing case fans plugged into the case's on board fan hub or on the motherboard

Makes no difference.

The connectors are reverse-compatible with each other.

Plugging into the motherboard gives you control over fan speed and temperature control. Plugging into a hub does not give you these features unless it's a pwm controlled hub.

There is no "better" one, simply whatever works best for you.

"Although there's a problem on the horizon; there's no horizon." - K-2SO

3 minutes ago, Cuboid88 said:

Today i finished up my build and i think i want 2 get a second fan for my CPU cooler and wanted to know if i could plug it into the case fan slots or if it made not difference. Also another quick question is it better to have the existing case fans plugged into the case's on board fan hub or on the motherboard

To answer quesion A, I would get a fan splitter and plug both CPU cooler fans into that. The motherboard automatically adjusts the fan speed based on the temerature of the CPU, so having both spin at the same speed is important

https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-RCFC-16002-Splitter-Sleeved-Computer/dp/B01N0XQ7XC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1507910530&sr=8-6&keywords=4+pin+splitter

Question B. The only difference is whether you want to control your fans through a preset from the case (a fan hub that usually has a max of three fan speeds) or plug into the motherboard where you can control the fans more precisely. However, the second option isnt necessary, as usually a case fan cxontroller is sufficient for most people. I'd go with the case fan hub option since you have it.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

To answer quesion A, I would get a fan splitter and plug both CPU cooler fans into that. The motherboard automatically adjusts the fan speed based on the temerature of the CPU, so having both spin at the same speed is important

https://www.amazon.com/Rosewill-RCFC-16002-Splitter-Sleeved-Computer/dp/B01N0XQ7XC/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1507910530&sr=8-6&keywords=4+pin+splitter

Question B. The only difference is whether you want to control your fans through a preset from the case (a fan hub that usually has a max of three fan speeds) or plug into the motherboard where you can control the fans more precisely. However, the second option isnt necessary, as usually a case fan cxontroller is sufficient for most people. I'd go with the case fan hub option since you have it.

can the 1 4pin header support 2 fans or will they both run at slower speeds

i found out that my motherboard has a cpu opt fan header will it be okay if i plug it into that?

58 minutes ago, Cuboid88 said:

The single 4 pin CPU opt header can control both 4 pin fans no problem, both will get enough power to spin at their same speeds. And I would definitely use the CPU opt header, because the BIOS will automatically control the speed of the fan relative to the temperature of the CPU, which means you dont have to worry about it! :)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

15 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

The single 4 pin CPU opt header can control both 4 pin fans no problem, both will get enough power to spin at their same speeds. And I would definitely use the CPU opt header, because the BIOS will automatically control the speed of the fan relative to the temperature of the CPU, which means you dont have to worry about it! :)

Thank you 

21 hours ago, Cuboid88 said:

Single header can power 2-4 fans (depends on what amps fan needs). They will all run at speed which mobo says fan with rpm sensor will run.

20 hours ago, Cuboid88 said:

i found out that my motherboard has a cpu opt fan header will it be okay if i plug it into that?

Sure. You can plug to any header. Just check on mobo manual if those headers are PWM or just plain 4pins.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv