Need centos7 help...again

So awhile ago I posted on here about installing a driver for the built in nic for my test computer, and thanks to this forum(or one person I think), I got it installed and working, until the drive died and I am now starting over and can't figure out how to install the rpm file from a usb flash drive. Either I am not googleing the right words or I am just missing it. Thanks

To install Linux from a flash drive, you have to enter the boot menu on startup and choose to boot from the USB drive. Then basically just install Linux as normal

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

To install Linux from a flash drive, you have to enter the boot menu on startup and choose to boot from the USB drive. Then basically just install Linux as normal

No, no, no, I have it installed, but centos7 removed the driver for my nic and I have to go and manual install it.(elrepo>flashdrive>computer) just the commands I find online complain about no conectivity, becaue it needs the driver to use the nic.

driver doesn't sound right for some reason

Just now, TheGleaner said:

No, no, no, I have it installed, but centos7 removed the driver for my nic and I have to go and manual install it.(elrepo>flashdrive>computer) just the commands I find online complain about no conectivity, becaue it needs the driver to use the nic.

driver doesn't sound right for some reason

Ah sorry. I unfortunately do not have any experience in this area....

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

as long as there are not any dependencies missing... just use....    rpm -ivh filename.rpm

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?

1 hour ago, Radium_Angel said:

Yum just gives out an error about a URL/repo

20 minutes ago, unijab said:

as long as there are not any dependencies missing... just use....    rpm -ivh filename.rpm

This is what I used last time and it worked, only this time it gives me a "file not found" like error. Do I have to move it off the flash drive to somewhere else first?

If it matters, I'm using the kde interface

Not a redhat guy, but if it's throwing errors off the USB stick, then yeah, move it somewhere else and try

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

12 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Not a redhat guy, but if it's throwing errors off the USB stick, then yeah, move it somewhere else and try

alright tried moving it to the desktop, didn't work either

52 minutes ago, TheGleaner said:

alright tried moving it to the desktop, didn't work either

Give me exact error messages, and/or screenshots please

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

You aren't typing the file name and location correctly

Can Anybody Link A Virtual Machine while I go download some RAM?