Help DIY this iPod music station into Bluetooth speaker system

I have this old iPod music station. I don't want to deal with loading music on my old iPod Touch and manually changing things. There is an AUX port but I thought this might be a good DIY opportunity. Unfortunately I have no clue what I am doing and no idea what forums to post to in order to get help. 

If somebody can help me out by guiding me somewhere more specialized of maybe just help out here since there are plenty of creative people. 

I attached pics of the way it looks and the insides. I took it apart to see how much space there was. And took out the iPhone port, the cable is just a 5pin. Not sure if there is any room for a big battery setup. 

What I want to do is cut out the spot where to iPhone port was. Replace it with LCD display instead. Have an Arduino connected the 5-pin port to deal with display and music through Bluetooth. I do not know how the 5-pin port works and still need to buy all the parts. 

I want to make this into a portable Bluetooth speaker setup if possible. Otherwise having it plugged to wall is fine. 
It would be a huge bonus if I could setup an assistant like Alexa. 

Any help and guidance is appreciated. Help with parts, a new forum or tips on how to interface the 5-pin port. 

IMG_20171012_172551.jpg

IMG_20171012_174818.jpg

IMG_20171012_175125.jpg

IMG_20171012_172245.jpg

IMG_20171012_172312.jpg

IMG_20171012_172348.jpg

Creator Of That Awkward Silence