Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matrix13

iPhone 8 & Problems

Posted · Original PosterOP

I know this is not a pc related questions but I need some answers to this concern. I have gone through one iPhone 8 already in the model: Silver, Sim-free, 64gb. Sound great and all but I returned it. It apparently started to spilt open out of the box with noticeable gaps between the glass and chassis. So to have a second chance I exchanged it for a new one at my local apple store. With no questions asked I got the same model just 4 days after opening. Without any noticeable defects at first, I was happy to my situation solved. Coming home one day (being considerably sunny) I noticed my home button had a separation on the left corner. Like the 7 the iPhone 8 as a fake vibration button so home button issues shouldn't be a concern. So I talked with someone via the apple support app on my iPad and the person as always just asked if I would like it to be fixed via the genius bar. In two days I started feeling the defect. I guess I will return yet another iPhone to be replaced. I thought I would ask this with other people with the mindset of technology and if they had any history of this problems. Excuse any mistakes as I typed this fairly quickly.  

My PC (Big Blue)

Cpu- Amd Fx 6300

Gpu- GTX 960 4gb

Motherboard- Asus M5A97 plus

Ram- Hyper X Fury 8gb 1866

PSU- EVGA 600b

HDD- WB Blue

SSD- MX Crucial 250gb 

Case- NZXT s340 Black/Blue

There have been a few reports of other iPhone 8s experiencing this separation. I would try again for a new phone (and return that too if it has a problem) or stick with what you have and see what comes of it. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

There have been a few reports of other iPhone 8s experiencing this separation. I would try again for a new phone or stick with what you have and see what comes of it. 

Yes I know. I don't know of any home button problems tho. It's really disappointing bc it is two times in a row with defective out of retail models.   

My PC (Big Blue)

Cpu- Amd Fx 6300

Gpu- GTX 960 4gb

PSU- EVGA 600b

HDD- WB Blue

SSD- MX Crucial 250gb 

If true your model would be the number 9 cases reported for the iPhone 8. Just return it and get a new one. 

Laptop: 2016 13" nTB MacBook Pro Core i5 | Phone: iPhone 8 Plus 64GB | Wearables: Apple Watch Sport Series 2 | CPU: R5 2600 | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 16GB 2666 | GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 4GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 10 | Storage: 480GB PNY SSD & 2TB WD Green HDD | PSU: Corsair CX600M | Display: Dell UZ2215H 21.5" 1080p, ViewSonic VX2450wm-LED 23.6" 1080p, Samsung SyncMaster 940BX 19" 1024p | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G303 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball
Just now, DrMacintosh said:

If true your model would be the number 9 cases reported for the iPhone 8. Just return it and get a new one. 

Ok. BTW I am only 14 so many parents are against taking the 5th trip within a month to the apple store. Gonna have to convince them :( . They think I'm crazy but I know it's a serious problem plus 750 dollars cost a lot so I not for wasting it. 

My PC (Big Blue)

Cpu- Amd Fx 6300

Gpu- GTX 960 4gb

PSU- EVGA 600b

HDD- WB Blue

SSD- MX Crucial 250gb 

Just now, Matrix13 said:

Ok. BTW I am only 14 so my parents are against taking the 5th trip within a month to the apple store. Gonna have to convince them :( . They think I'm crazy but I know it's a serious problem plus 750 dollars cost a lot so I not for wasting it. 

My PC (Big Blue)

Cpu- Amd Fx 6300

Gpu- GTX 960 4gb

PSU- EVGA 600b

HDD- WB Blue

SSD- MX Crucial 250gb 

2 hours ago, Matrix13 said:

Ok. BTW I am only 14 so many parents are against taking the 5th trip within a month to the apple store. Gonna have to convince them :( . They think I'm crazy but I know it's a serious problem plus 750 dollars cost a lot so I not for wasting it. 

Return it.

If you can, then you should.

On 10/12/2017 at 8:46 PM, 0x1e said:

Return it.

Thanks. Your Signature was helpful in the process. 

My PC (Big Blue)

Cpu- Amd Fx 6300

Gpu- GTX 960 4gb

PSU- EVGA 600b

HDD- WB Blue

SSD- MX Crucial 250gb