LTT Clothing Merchandise Complaint

presss

Hello, 

I originally submitted this complaint to LTT as a message via the 'Contact Us' section about a week ago and the admin in charge of answering my message hasn't even read it. I am therefore creating this topic and copying my complaint here in order to attract the attention of an admin who actually does his bloody job or someone who can give any further info on the situation.

"Dear Sir/Madame,

I would like to submit a complaint about the quality of the LinusTechTips clothing merchandise. I ordered a long-sleeve tee from your shop around a month ago and I received it recently but the stamp on the shirt is completely washed out -> both the orange and the white parts-> it seems like a very low-quality stamp.. I've been a fan and a member of the LTT community for a long time now and I remember Linus saying that he makes sure he always puts his name only on products that he's 100% sure about (within the context of the LTT Noctua fans) -> which were great btw. However, I wanted to use this tee not for home use, I wanted to be able to wear it casually when outside but there's no chance I'm going out with this cheap-looking stamp. In any case, I think you should do some quality control over at Teespring or American Apparel or whoever is actually in charge of these stamps. I am attaching pictures and a screenshot of my order page at Teespring.

Best regards,

Preslav"

20171007_100056.jpg

20171007_100119.jpg

20171007_100219.jpg

20171007_100245.jpg

Screenshot_1.png

i9 12900K | 3080Ti FE | 32GB T-Force 8-pack binned edition @3600 CL14

i don't see the issue, i own one. looks exactly the same. i <3 it

The geek himself.

What's wrong exactly?

I'm wearing an LTT shirt right now, and the logo looks exactly the same, and I haven't had any problems with mine.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Have you contacted Teespring?

Also, if you're going to file a complaint, you might want to use a better camera.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Is it just me? the stamp looks like I've worn it for a year. Also, the t-shirt material itself already has the small round things that appear after long use. I don't know, the overall look is quite worn-out and killed my enthusiasm to wear it 24/7 ;/ maybe I just had different expectations dk.. 

2 minutes ago, Sir Michael Caine said:

Is it just me? the stamp looks like I've worn it for a year. Also, the t-shirt material itself already has the small round things that appear after long use. I don't know, the overall look is quite worn-out and killed my enthusiasm to wear it 24/7 ;/ maybe I just had different expectations dk.. 

Contact the user CPotter and Nicklmg (Colton Potter and Nick Light respectively), which are the people in charge of the merchandise stuff I believe. They might be able to help you further.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

3 minutes ago, dizmo said:

Have you contacted Teespring?

Also, if you're going to file a complaint, you might want to use a better camera.

I haven't because I didn't know if they weren't just a body to handle orders and then hand it to American Apparel which is what's on the tshirt label. Also my camera is the S7's at 4K preset so it's quite sufficient for a complaint :D

So its a lint factory and the heat-transfer vinyl is not high quality(to me when I did this, as a job, Its not really permanent, but its cheap and quicker than a stitching machine)?

4 minutes ago, Sir Michael Caine said:

I haven't because I didn't know if they weren't just a body to handle orders and then hand it to American Apparel which is what's on the tshirt label. Also my camera is the S7's at 4K preset so it's quite sufficient for a complaint :D

quality dosent look the greatest to me, in that case because it looks pretty much fine and within reason to me

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

7 minutes ago, Sir Michael Caine said:

That's the company you ordered from though. Linus contracts through them, and American Apparel supplies the shirts. They're basically just a printing press, but quite clearly who shipped your product. They'd be best to contact.

Then you're too close, and that's why the pictures are a little blurry. Regardless, they're poor.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Please contact Teespring, and let me know via PM if there's a problem.

I actually didn't even know our Teespring account was still active.

Quick update: my issue has been resolved after a quick response from Colton and nickmlg. I even got a reply from Linus himself so I'm gonna sleep tight tonight :D. See you tomorrow, same bat-time ;)

2 hours ago, Myxzoid said:

Wash in cold water inside out.And air tumble dry.

This.  90% of a t-shirt is how you wash it

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

1 minute ago, Yoinkerman said:

This.  90% of a t-shirt is how you wash it

But isn't it also "what you pay is what you get"?

4 minutes ago, TheGleaner said:

But isn't it also "what you pay is what you get"?

As far as making different types of printing last on tshirts, no, not especially.

If you wash shirts in warm/hot, put them in with pants, and dry them with heat, they fade or crack extremely quickly.

Most of the expense is in how it physically feels to wear the shirt, not the various types of printing.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Just now, Yoinkerman said:

As far as making different types of printing last on tshirts, no, not especially.

If you wash shirts in warm/hot, put them in with pants, and dry them with heat, they fade or crack extremely quickly.

Most of the expense is in how it physically feels to wear the shirt, not the various types of printing.

I guess its a "mileage will vary" thing, as I haven't had an issue with washing heat-transfer vinyl in the way you describe.

1 minute ago, TheGleaner said:

I guess its a "mileage will vary" thing, as I haven't had an issue with washing heat-transfer vinyl in the way you describe.

It also depends on the size and complexity of the print, where you live(heat, humidity, dust), what you do while wearing the shirts, how your natural body oils treat fabric, the list is very long, the price of the shirt being low on the ladder comparatively.

As others have said, it is very likely how you are washing/drying it or how aggressive your wash machine is. I have several American Apparel shirts from TeeSpring and ruined the first few after a few months by just throwing them in with the rest of my clothes (primarily dress pants and oxfords I've never had to worry about how I wash). After realizing the transfers were falling apart I actually read the shirt label and started washing cold/drying on low, haven't had an issue with any of the shirts since.