Lag using a PS/2 to USB adapter?

dave4shmups

So I’d love to get an old 1990s PS/2 keyboard and get a PS/2 to USB adapter.  But I’m very concerned about experiencing lag with key presses.

A lot of motherboards still have PS/2 ports on them. Are you certain yours doesn't have one? 

Best Excuses:

#1(simple) "Well, I never liked that stupid thing anyway!"

#2(complex) "Obviously there was a flaw in the material, probably due to the inadvertent introduction of contaminants during the manufacturing process."

On 10/12/2017 at 2:13 PM, MadModder said:

A lot of motherboards still have PS/2 ports on them. Are you certain yours doesn't have one? 

I'm not sure; I should check.  That's good news about not feeling any lag!

lag shouldn't be an issue, key rollover is a different story...

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

On 10/15/2017 at 12:58 AM, xGGAx said:

lag shouldn't be an issue, key rollover is a different story...

What's that?  I never use the Windows key with Windows 10, and I know a lot of people have concerns about that when using one of these adapters.

16 hours ago, dave4shmups said:

What's that?  I never use the Windows key with Windows 10, and I know a lot of people have concerns about that when using one of these adapters.

basically if you press multiple keys at once and keep them pressed, you should see the correct output on display. Some older and low end keyboards have only 3-6 key rollover. You have to make sure your keyboard has n-key rollover if you want to game with it.

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire

12 hours ago, xGGAx said:

basically if you press multiple keys at once and keep them pressed, you should see the correct output on display. Some older and low end keyboards have only 3-6 key rollover. You have to make sure your keyboard has n-key rollover if you want to game with it.

OK, thanks!