RoboTechnal

Raspberry pi 3 mining

Posted · Original PosterOP

I recently got into crypto mining and everything related with it. I’m still learning more about it, so I don’t know everything. Which is why I’m here. I want to know how well this setup would work, but I want to transform my really old PC into a miner since there’s no other use for it, and so I don’t ruin my current PC. The old pc doesn’t have a gpu, and I’ve got to replace the motherboard because it got messed up. What I want to do is connect a raspberry pi 3 to it and attach the usb asic miners into it, and mine bitcoin. What would my profit be with this machine. Is it safe and worth it? And should I go with a usb asic miner that costs $20 and it’s hashrate is 3.6GH/s. And mine $20 worth of bitcoins and buy another. That usb miner is an example btw. Please answer all questions.

2 minutes ago, RoboTechnal said:

I recently got into crypto mining and everything related with it. I’m still learning more about it, so I don’t know everything. Which is why I’m here. I want to know how well this setup would work, but I want to transform my really old PC into a miner since there’s no other use for it, and so I don’t ruin my current PC. The old pc doesn’t have a gpu, and I’ve got to replace the motherboard because it got messed up. What I want to do is connect a raspberry pi 3 to it and attach the usb asic miners into it, and mine bitcoin. What would my profit be with this machine. Is it safe and worth it? And should I go with a usb asic miner that costs $20 and it’s hashrate is 3.6GH/s. And mine $20 worth of bitcoins and buy another. That usb miner is an example btw. Please answer all questions.

No

It would be WAY too slow on a raspberry pi or an old pc for that matter.

post specs?

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

At 3.6Gh/s you are lucky to make $20 in 8 years. You need at minimum 6TH/s to break even now. So that would be 1667 USB ASIC miners at $20 a piece so $33,340 dollars and say they use 3W each. That's only 5000W. AKA not worth it. Get an Antminer s9. It's $1195 for 13.5Th/s at a great efficiency. Or you could mine Eth and Zcash with a $200 GPU and make $2/day 

PC Specs: i7 6EiGht00K (4.4ghz), Asus DeLuxe X99A II, GTX1080 Zotac Amp ExTrEme),64Gb DOminator PlatinUm, EVGA G2 seven5zeroWatt, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, 3TB WD Black, 500gb 850 Evo, H100iGTX, Windows 10, K70 RGB, G502, HyperX Cloud 2s, Asus PG279Q 

Just keeping this here as a backup 980tiZotacStockBIOS.zip☻♥■∞{╚§XÅD{┘Æ╩mYÄÜXτ╕○\╚Θº£¥ΘBM@Q05♠{{↨↨▬§¶‼↕◄►☼1♦

yeah with bitcoin unless you have a pretty serious mining rig you arnt going to make anything.

If you really are interested in cryptocurrencies looking at an alt coin would be your best bet and trying to be anywhere near profit with your machine, but without a gpu you would have to find one that works well only with cpus ( ea Monero) but even then it's unlikley with such lower powered stuff.