Gaming PC Build-Off, $10,000 Prize!! - LG Ultrawide Festival 2017

Oh I own a LG ultrawide [:

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I almost feel like I could've done better lol

if the cost of the monitor wasn't included in the 2k I did do better with my build I'm only like 1500 bucks in (not counting Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse or any other peripherals) and all I lack is a case and a HDD to go along with my SSD, if building today and not just over a year ago I could have gotten a case and swapped out the AIO I used for the Fluid Gaming A240G kit and would have totally matched these guys or beat them but with a nicer looking full loop, not some AIO.

Just now, Daniel644 said:

if the cost of the monitor wasn't included in the 2k I did do better with my build I'm only like 1500 bucks in (not counting Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse or any other peripherals) and all I lack is a case and a HDD to go along with my SSD, if building today and not just over a year ago I could have gotten a case and swapped out the AIO I used for the Fluid Gaming A240G kit and would have totally matched these guys or beat them but with a nicer looking full loop, not some AIO.

Yeah, if I was one of the contestants I probably would've made room in the budget for a full loop.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

So were Peripherals part of the budget or not? Since that makes one hell of a diference budgetwise.

Edit:
@Daniel644 that A240G wouldn't make that much sense since you can't really fit a 1080 with reference design in the budget and a 1070 would have cost you important performance points. GPU compatibility is unfortunately a bit tricky with that kit. Still, I'd go for the A240 for expandability and a possible additional aluminium cover for non-reference cards. Sure, you could go for a cheaper case or less RAM or a small NVME SSD – or just an i5.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!

1 hour ago, Daniel644 said:

1 hour ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Yeah, if I was one of the contestants I probably would've made room in the budget for a full loop.

Guess you both should've entered the contest :D 

Just now, nicklmg said:

Yeah, I don't have a passport (and couldn't get one in time even if I tried since the length of the contest was SO CRAZY SHORT) so I decided not to enter and let someone else have a chance, I also didn't need to build my "dream system" because I already had it (aside from my case and extra hard drive capacity and now the A240G) so it wasn't worth the effort to try at that point, I did have an idea for the video though that would have involved going all Techrax style on my very first self built system that is so old you hadn't hit puberty yet when I built it.

1 hour ago, nicklmg said:

I'm pretty sure I didn't meet the qualifications for it so

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

2 hours ago, leosky said:

Do we have full parts lists for the 3 contestants?

all three used the i7 7700K

One Z270 board

One B250 board

and one Z170 board because of the bent pins on the new Z270 ITX board

GTX 1080Tis and one GTX 1080

I see EVGA PSUs

GSkill Trident Z RGB RAM

Fairly common 850 Evo SSD and the Sandisk 480GB SSD

NZXT Manta ITX casing, H440 forget the other model number

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

H E Y G U Y S T H I S I S A U S T I N

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

IS IT 21:9?!?!?!

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

18 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Were Peripherals part of the budget though? That would have made quite a difference. Can't find any more information than just "build it around the LG …". And was it USD 2000 or CAD 2000? With peripherals I think they did quite a good job. Still, I would have opted for Ryzen 7 budgetwise to be a more flexible on other parts.

Use the quote function when answering! Mark people directly if you want an answer from them!