fpo

What're you asking for for Christmas/holidays

Posted · Original PosterOP

Aside from "the bills to be paid" as everyone wants that, what are you asking for? 

What are you planning on giving loved ones, or special people? 

Personally I want a textbook on C#, Roadside Picnic, and a mechanical keyboard. 

For my mom, she wants windows on her Mac, so I'll get her windows and install it for her on her computer. 

I saw a guy that made a video game my brother likes and I got I got it signed, so I'm giving my brother that signed game. 

For my dad, I may start writing a business program for him in Visual Basic, he's been asking me to try and write something for years but I didn't know how. I'm going to ask my teacher for some help. 

I know its early, but, you know how things run out of stock super quickly. 

PC game list: 

Build Plan: 

Probably just for money, that or an RX 560.

Reptar β  | Where Do You Land on 16personalities? | Your Experience with Autism?

Isn't it peculiar, Charlie Brown, how some traditions just slowly fade away?

rip in ass fx-4100, you will not be missed

"Now, there's two ways to play this game: there's the right way to do it, which is to use strategy and actually let the numbers a-are against the block, and you can see how many mines there are, or there's our way of doing it where you just click it and hope that you don't hit a mine."

@Dan Castellaneta x @wcreek \\ Jake x Brendan :^)

9 minutes ago, fpo said:

What are you planning on giving? 

I've got some ideas for my brothers.

Reptar β  | Where Do You Land on 16personalities? | Your Experience with Autism?

Isn't it peculiar, Charlie Brown, how some traditions just slowly fade away?

rip in ass fx-4100, you will not be missed

"Now, there's two ways to play this game: there's the right way to do it, which is to use strategy and actually let the numbers a-are against the block, and you can see how many mines there are, or there's our way of doing it where you just click it and hope that you don't hit a mine."

@Dan Castellaneta x @wcreek \\ Jake x Brendan :^)

i7 8700k

Personal Use Rig(Until Ice Lake 10nm 8c/16t i7 9700k):
CPU:  Intel Core i7 6700|~| MOBO:  Asus H100m-C |~| RAM: 16gb G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200mhzCL15|~| GPU: EVGA Founders Edition GTX 1080 Ti @2.000mhz |~| Boot: 480GB SSD SanDisk G26 |~| Storage: 2x 240gb SSD SanDisk G26 + 1 480gb SSD SanDisk G26 |~| PSU: Zalman ZM700w-GLX 80 plus|~| Display: LG 29UM68-P 2560x1080p80hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.
Workstation Rig(My brother's, I use it too [:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800x |~| MOBO: Asus PRIME X370-PRO |~| RAM: 32gb DDR4 3000mhz Corsair Vengeance |~| GPU: nVidia TITAN X Pascal  |~| PSU: CoolerMaster G750w 80 Plus Bronze |~| Boot: 240GB SSD SanDisk G26 |~| Storage: 3x2TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda |~| Display: LG 29UM68-P 2560x1080p80hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Well as for what I'm getting one loved one, well he's in the thread but I mean his guess is good as mine ;) 

Not much I really want that I'm not going to buy myself.

Anyways as far as other ideas what I'm giving to other people I don't know.

TL;DR

Spoiler

Frankly I really want much lol as a bit of a trade, I loaned my mom $75 to get a ton of golf balls to paint and then to sell so I'll just say she owes me like $35 or something like that. and the $113 I paid to keep the lights on, that's her birthday present I guess because that's also in december granted I benefit just as much from having the lights on that is something she normally pays I keep to what I can usually afford and that's my tuition for the distance high school I go to and the internet when I have more money in a month.  context: she lost her primary job because of reasons that I think given an appeal that she is working on, she could get that job back because the conditions surrounding that issue were out of nowhere and uncalled for considering that she had everything she needed.

| Your Experience with Depression? | Dan Castellaneta's Your Experience with Autism?

@Dan Castellaneta x @wcreek || Jake x Brendan :x 
Spoiler

}} Planned Build - Titania {{

~AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - Asus X370 STRIX- NZXT Kraken X52 - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) @ 3000MHz - XFX Double Dissipation RX 470 4GB- SanDisk SSDPlus 120GB - Toshiba X300 4TB HDD - NZXT H440 - EVGA SuperNova G2 550W - Windows 10 Education - Logitech G610 (MX Browns) - Corsair m65 Pro RGB - Asus VG245H~

Coming Early 2018 }

Spoiler

}} Interim 1.2 {{

~Intel Core i3 6100 - MSI Z170 SLI Plus - Stock Intel Heatsink - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB @ 2400MHz - XFX Double Dissipation RX 470 4GB - SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB - 500GB Samsung/Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM - NZXT H440 - EVGA SuperNova G2 550W - Windows 10 Education - Logitech G610 (MX Browns) - Corsair m65 Pro RGB - 39" Westinghouse 1080p TV~

Retiring when Titania is built }

~Rainbows~

5 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

i7 8700k

Why not an i9 7980XE /s

| Your Experience with Depression? | Dan Castellaneta's Your Experience with Autism?

@Dan Castellaneta x @wcreek || Jake x Brendan :x 
Spoiler

}} Planned Build - Titania {{

~AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - Asus X370 STRIX- NZXT Kraken X52 - Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) @ 3000MHz - XFX Double Dissipation RX 470 4GB- SanDisk SSDPlus 120GB - Toshiba X300 4TB HDD - NZXT H440 - EVGA SuperNova G2 550W - Windows 10 Education - Logitech G610 (MX Browns) - Corsair m65 Pro RGB - Asus VG245H~

Coming Early 2018 }

Spoiler

}} Interim 1.2 {{

~Intel Core i3 6100 - MSI Z170 SLI Plus - Stock Intel Heatsink - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB @ 2400MHz - XFX Double Dissipation RX 470 4GB - SanDisk SSD Plus 120GB - 500GB Samsung/Seagate 2.5" 5400RPM - NZXT H440 - EVGA SuperNova G2 550W - Windows 10 Education - Logitech G610 (MX Browns) - Corsair m65 Pro RGB - 39" Westinghouse 1080p TV~

Retiring when Titania is built }

~Rainbows~

For my wife I'm getting her a smart watch and completing the restoration on her 63 VW Bug. 

For my 4 year old son, a bunch of Thomas train stuff and hot wheels stuff. Also a new tablet for him. 

For my new born daughter (will be born November 14) most likely clothes and food. 

For basically the rest of the family (wife's side as I don't really have a family) no idea. My wife took care of it. 

As for what I want....no idea. I never really celebrated Christmas as I'm from a really broken family. 

Current Build

I5 4460

Hyper Evo 212

Gigabyte Z87X-D3H

WD 1TB HDD

XFX RX 480 RS 4GB

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr3 1600 Patriot Ram

Mixture of Phanteks and Thermaltake Fans

Phanteks P400S

Hmmm some anime blu rays, maybe a battery bank for my Nintendo Switch don't know what else.

Just your everyday PC and Nintendo gaming nerd and collector

CPU: AMD Ryzen 1800X | GPU:  Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080 | RAM:  32GB G Skill Flare X DDR4-2400 | PSU: EVGA 1000W GQ 80+Gold | Motherboard: Gigabyte AX370 Gaming 5| Cooler:  Noctua NH-D15 |Case:  NZXT Noctis 450 (White) | Storage: 512GB Samsung SSD + 4TB Western Digital 7200RPM|

1 hour ago, fpo said:

"the bills to be paid" 

This one really

Asrock Z77 Fatal1ty mobo 2 x 4GB G.Skill 8GB 1600 Mhz +2GB of randomly found HP RAM Intel 3570k @ 4,0 Ghz 200 mm fan, 120mm fan,  WD Caviar Black 500GB 7200 RPM Samsung 840 SSD 240GB Cooler Master 212+ CPU cooler R9 290 Tri-X Sapphire EVGA Supernova G2 750w

58 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

I'm asking for $1M USD.

Just a small loan? 

Asrock Z77 Fatal1ty mobo 2 x 4GB G.Skill 8GB 1600 Mhz +2GB of randomly found HP RAM Intel 3570k @ 4,0 Ghz 200 mm fan, 120mm fan,  WD Caviar Black 500GB 7200 RPM Samsung 840 SSD 240GB Cooler Master 212+ CPU cooler R9 290 Tri-X Sapphire EVGA Supernova G2 750w

Just now, fpo said:

A small loan? ;) 

Just now, coolkingler1 said:

Just a small loan? 

Nope. I ain't paying anyone back.

What I felt

What I've known

Turn the pages

Turn the stone

Behind the door, should I open it for you

Pyo.

Want? $60 for Battlefront II, and .22LR rounds.

Giving? Perhaps an airsoft gun to one brother, mebbe some 10/22 upgrades for another brother, and IDK what to buy my younger siblings that they won't break or never use. 

Maxwell is still awesome, and so is X58. The Battlefront series are the only games worth playing (I may consider Destiny 2 tho... or Battlefield 1) If you want to discuss old Star Wars games like Battlefront II and KOTOR, check out my thread: Anyone still playing old Star Wars games? If you wanna discuss the X58 platform and get tips and advice: General X58 Xeon/i7 discussion.

Long live his RGBness, @Damascus! And Fractal Design/SeaSonic dude, @Ordinarily_Greater is awesome as well! Also the man who introduced me to the glorious XCMR, @WhisperingKnickers.

Current build:

CPU: Xeon X5675

CPU Cooler: Gammax 400
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage III Formula
Memory: Ballistix Sport 8GB DDR3 + 8GB ADATA XPG V1.0 (red) + 16GB HyperX (on the way)
Storage: HyperX Fury 120GB SSD
Storage: WD Blue 1TB HDD

More storage: 2TB something or other drive lying around. 
Video Card: MSI Gaming 980 Ti 6G 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass
PSU: SeaSonic M12II 620W

2012 MacBook Pro (Work): 2.9GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 525GB SSD. 

iPad Pro: magic (and you can't open it up to disprove it, as it's glued shut). Jk, it's got an A9X with 4GB RAM. I didn't need it, so I surrendered it to my Mum.  She never used it so It's mine again. 

iPhone 6 Plus: more magic, with an A8 and 1GB RAM. 

Some money for a new build I plan to do later in the year. 

v4nquish

Intel Core i7 4790K (4.4GHz), Corsair H60 V2 high performance CPU liquid cooler (120mm radiator), Asus Z97-A, (2X8GB 16GB 1866MHz) Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD, 1 WD 1TB mechanical drive, MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.088GHz core & 9.216GHz memory), Corsair CX750M 80+ Bronze, Windows 10 Home X64, Antec Three Hundred (soon to be a Corsair Obsidian 750D), Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Logitech K520 (keyboard), Logitech M560 (mouse) & Sennheiser HD 202 (headphones)

Name suggested by: @openthatchest 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

A license for emacs ;)

No but really I have no clue.

Why use Linux?

• Less malware than OSX and Windows.
  • It's faster and more efficient than OSX and Windows.
  • No bloatware included.
  • You can make your desktop look however you want. Literally.
  • You can update all your computer's software with a single click.
  • Runs on pretty much anything, no matter how old it is.
  • You can see every line of code it uses, so you know there's no NSA backdoor. They tried (and failed) to get a backdoor inserted into Linux. There are also no keyloggers built-in, unlike in Windows
  • It costs exactly $0.
  • According to Gabe Newell, it's the future of PC gaming (as is SteamOS).
  • By using it, you ascend even higher into the PCMasterRace

A Cintiq

/s

I'm not really looking to get gifts, I would rather buy myself stuff. I don't really need anything atm.

"There's no such thing as perfect. You're beautiful as you are Courage. With all your imperfections you can do anything."

Gear:

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 || Motherboard: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon || RAM: 2x8GB G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3200Mhz (running at 2933Mhz) || GPU: Gigabyte Auros RX 580 4GB || Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || Cooling: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 || Case: Thermaltake Core G21 TG || PSU: Corsair RMx 750W

Peripherals:

Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT-990 250 Ohm || Mouse: Roccat Kiro || Keyboard: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Mousepad: CM Storm Swift-RX XXL || Graphics tablet: Wacom Intuos Pen Small

Old PC:

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 255 || Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO || RAM: 4x2GB DDR3 || GPU: Nvidia Quadro 512MB || Case: Antec Sonata III || PSU: Antec Earthwatts 500W Bronze

Minibois' Digital Art Thread

Reviews: Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S RGB || Wacom Intuos Pen Small || Roccat Kiro

Threads: Pokémon Thread || Dutch Talk || Super Smash Bros. Melee Thread

Setup: Current setup