I want to improved my Laptop/Computer performance!

simu
Go to solution Solved by Droidbot,

That laptop has HM65 chipset, I'd recommend i5 2520M or 2540M, or i7 2620M or i7 2640M.

Might get a bit toasty though.

NVMe will not work on your laptop or desktop.

Their UEFI BIOS does not support the NVMe standard like newer motherboards do, and as such they will not boot with an NVMe SSD installed. You are much better off getting SATA anyway as NVMe gives no real world speed boost over a normal SATA SSD.

Just now, simu said:

I am looking top performance i5 or i7 for my laptop upgrade 

I'm sorry, but that's just not an option.  Even if the BIOS supported that, there is no way the laptop's fans could keep it cool.  They'd be screaming all the time, and you'd get overheating anyway.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

4 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

You can run a SATA 6GB/s (SATA III,what it is called in reality) will work with your laptop/desktop with SATA 3GB/s (SATA II),it will even work on SATA 1.5 GB/s (SATA I) but will be limited to that speed of your laptop/desktop,but since your SSD uses a specific type of slot,it will work in neither,get a SATA based SSD.Chrome/Mozilla Tabs really depend on RAM,not the CPU,but with very old CPU's it does matter.

About CPU i cannot tell since support.hp.com isn't opening

Thank for the reply! I really want to spend money on buy Samsung Evo 960 evo 250 gb. Its very fast and can use my in future pc/laptop too.  And I was upgrade 4gb ram on laptop and his processor is Intel Pentium B940

7 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I'm sorry, but that's just not an option.  Even if the BIOS supported that, there is no way the laptop's fans could keep it cool.  They'd be screaming all the time, and you'd get overheating anyway.

I don't know how to explain everything but really want to spend money on buy Samsung Evo 960 evo nvme 250 gb so Its very fast and can use my in future pc/laptop too. Can i update my laptop bios ?

34 minutes ago, ImNotThere said:

it wont support nvme storage

My computer or laptop?

18 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

so can't upgrade Samsung Evo nvme 250gb m.2 with using internal m.2 slop card on my both machine?

15 minutes ago, simu said:

Thank for the reply! I really want to spend money on buy Samsung Evo 960 evo 250 gb. Its very fast and can use my in future pc/laptop too.  And I was upgrade 4gb ram on laptop and his processor is Intel Pentium B940

Umm,you cannot Put a 960 EVO in it as i mentioned.Your laptop and desktop cannot use a 960 EVO due to them not having M.2 NVME. You can get a 850 EVO/PRO that is very fast,but M.2 NVME is like SATA x4,though a SATA SSD is still very common and for a system that old,it won't matter even if you were to be able to put a 960 EVO compared to a 850 EVO/PRO,due to it's Storage controller/chipset limitations.

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

Can I buy m.2 internal card and then install Samsung Evo 960 evo on my laptop/computer? which controller/chipset limitations best?

8 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Umm,you cannot Put a 960 EVO in it as i mentioned.Your laptop and desktop cannot use a 960 EVO due to them not having M.2 NVME. You can get a 850 EVO/PRO that is very fast,but M.2 NVME is like SATA x4,though a SATA SSD is still very common and for a system that old,it won't matter even if you were to be able to put a 960 EVO compared to a 850 EVO/PRO,due to it's Storage controller/chipset limitations.

Can I buy m.2 internal card and then install Samsung Evo 960 evo on my laptop/computer? which controller/chipset limitations best?

Just now, simu said:

Can I buy m.2 internal card and then install Samsung Evo 960 evo on my laptop/computer? which controller/chipset limitations best?

U mean adapter? I dont think its an option for your laptop,checking about your desktop.

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

3 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

U mean adapter? I dont think its an option for your laptop,checking about your desktop.

Oh @simu,you mean PCIe to M.2 NVME adapter? Yes on your PC you can,not sure if it will be as fast as the same ssd in a motherboard with the slot.

4 minutes ago, simu said:

Not sure about your laptop but it definately will be faster on your computer,compared it if you were to be able to put it in your laptop

1 minute ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Oh,you mean PCIe to M.2 NVME adapter? Yes on your PC you can,not sure if it will be as fast as the same ssd in a motherboard with the slot.

Yes and for laptop https://www.amazon.com/Ableconn-IU2-M2132-SFF-8639-2-5-Inch-Aluminum/dp/B01HR0PKJQ/ or https://www.amazon.com/QNINE-Adapter-Converter-SATA3-0-Desktop/dp/B01NBJJ34Q

2 minutes ago, simu said:
  • NOTE: this product is for servers or storage systems. It is not for laptops which usually require SATA interface instead. If you are looking for M.2 SATA SSD to SATA adapter, you may consider ISAT-M2SA ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01HR0PQKY ) or ISAT-M2SR ( https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01A4XZACU ) instead.
  • Convert a M.2 NVMe SSD to a 2.5” U.2 68-pin SFF-8639 solid state drive. Open frame aluminum housing design providing excellent heat dissipation for M.2 NVMe SSD
  • Compatible with most M.2 NVMe solid state drives such as the SAMSUNG 950 Pro
  • Windows 10, Win8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2, Linux series, Fedora, SUSE, Ubuntu, Red Hat native driver support NVMe.
  • Fully RoHS compliant. High quality product. Made in Taiwan.

could work,not sure

@Gaurav S Rao Now question is can my laptop or computer support nvme and can i make bootable nvme ssd drive ?

26 minutes ago, simu said:

My computer or laptop?

neither, it needs an m.2 slot, also enough pcie lanes to utilise the speed

2 minutes ago, simu said:

@Gaurav S Rao Now question is can my laptop or computer support nvme and can i make bootable nvme ssd drive ?

Your laptop simply cannot take it,the adapter says it will not work for nvme ssd's,not sure about your pc if it will work with the adapter

1 minute ago, ImNotThere said:

also enough pcie lanes to utilise the speed

????

21 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

????

nvme uses pcie lanes to work, which is why it is faster, without looking at more than the motherboard i assume he has not enough pcie lanes

That laptop has HM65 chipset, I'd recommend i5 2520M or 2540M, or i7 2620M or i7 2640M.

Their UEFI BIOS does not support the NVMe standard like newer motherboards do, and as such they will not boot with an NVMe SSD installed. You are much better off getting SATA anyway as NVMe gives no real world speed boost over a normal SATA SSD.

idk

10 hours ago, Droidbot said:

Thank you for the reply!