Issue with Display port and non-native res

Draydince

I recently bought a LG 24MP59G-P 144hz 1080p monitor to see what all the fuss was about with 144hz.

I play some games, like League of Legends at a lower res (1440x900) it just feels easier to play to me that way. Less distance to drag your mouse to clear side to side of the screen.

Anyway, on my old monitor that I don't recall the monitor offhand, but it was also a 24" 1080p monitor. When I played at 900p on that monitor, it all fit to screen - it just stretched accordingly.

However, on my LG 24MP59G-P when I play on 900p the image just gets put into a border mode, like the screen shrinks and the sides/top/bottom don't get filled like it did with my old monitor.

I'm such a creature of habit that this minor setback is honestly enough to make me want to return it haha i've played that game for years at that res, and this new border mode really throws off what I'm used to in a big way. I don't really like playing it at 1080p because I feel like I have to physically drag my mouse across more to reach from one side of the screen to the other.

Is this an issue with display port, or my new monitor? 

4 minutes ago, Draydince said:

I recently bought a LG 24MP59G-P 144hz 1080p monitor to see what all the fuss was about with 144hz.

I play some games, like League of Legends at a lower res (1440x900) it just feels easier to play to me that way. Less distance to drag your mouse to clear side to side of the screen.

Anyway, on my old monitor that I don't recall the monitor offhand, but it was also a 24" 1080p monitor. When I played at 900p on that monitor, it all fit to screen - it just stretched accordingly.

However, on my LG 24MP59G-P when I play on 900p the image just gets put into a border mode, like the screen shrinks and the sides/top/bottom don't get filled like it did with my old monitor.

I'm such a creature of habit that this minor setback is honestly enough to make me want to return it haha i've played that game for years at that res, and this new border mode really throws off what I'm used to in a big way. I don't really like playing it at 1080p because I feel like I have to physically drag my mouse across more to reach from one side of the screen to the other.

Is this an issue with display port, or my new monitor? 

Go to NVIDIA Control Panel -> Adjust Desktop Size and Position, and set it like this:

0f7d2e9d08.png

Ugh this is driving me mad. It worked fine on my old monitor with DVI. Is this something to do with using display port? It's the same game installation, same drivers, nothing's changed but the monitor. This monitor doesn't have DVI and my old one doesn't have Display Port so I can't really do an a to b comparison.

8 hours ago, Draydince said:

Ugh this is driving me mad. It worked fine on my old monitor with DVI. Is this something to do with using display port? It's the same game installation, same drivers, nothing's changed but the monitor. This monitor doesn't have DVI and my old one doesn't have Display Port so I can't really do an a to b comparison.

Try setting it to "Display" instead of GPU.