Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - Here is everything you need to know - Out Now!

GoodBytes
5 hours ago, Notional said:

Great with performance diagrams for GPU now. Love it.

But what about HDR? When will W10 actually support HDR properly?

I am not sure what you mean, but there is this:

Capture.PNG.fa209a49cf1de0712e8c993e22b628a1.PNG

Found under Home > Apps > Video Playback

(Ignore the item called "Startup" on the side column. This would be Redstone 4 feature)

Is it possible to download the iso for the for the fall windows 10 update on Wednesday (Malaysia time)? and also is it possible to download the fall creator update now without signing up for the windows insider program?

wait what? xD

Capture.PNG.c0e3576c92f107ba17283d713efed61c.PNG

Unless I've been left unaware of GPUs with 128 GB of VRAM, clearly this feature still needs some work

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

20 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

wait what?

Unless I've been left unaware of GPUs with 128 GB of VRAM, clearly this feature still needs some work

Nice catch. But I am on RedStone 4.. and not Redstone 3 (Fall Creator Update), so it maybe be a bug that was introduced then. With the latest build of RedStone 4, it is fixed. Will update picture.

On 10/12/2017 at 9:22 AM, yian88 said:

Ive been using it for over a week now its the RTM .esd is already out for some time.

Its quite solid build but still, its windows 10 something must suck, and that is the start menu, for me its broken it keeps resetting itslef i cant pin anything to the menu it resets to default layout, i use classic shell anyway, windows search/cortana and start is horse**** in win10 so i nuke them from my install.

On 10/12/2017 at 9:37 AM, jagdtigger said:

Bingo, MS integrated them so deeply(along with the telemetry crap) that if you nuke them something will break(the ""start menu"" in this case).

Maybe it's a change in the FCU, but I long ago nuked Cortana (along with XBox and other garbage in 10) from my system and my Start Menu works perfectly fine.

On 10/12/2017 at 3:25 PM, Donut417 said:

Im running version 1607. It says the update is available but they haven't pushed it down to the machine yet.

I'm still running 1607 as well.  Initially it's because I set Windows to delay feature upgrades.  However, I've since unchecked that option, so I guess I'll wait and see if it attempts to upgrade me to build 1709 (shouldn't that be 1710, since it's releasing in October?).

On 10/12/2017 at 4:42 PM, LAwLz said:

Here is a comparison I just made (please note that it will not look the same for you as it does for me unless you have an RGB subpixel layout).

Honestly, the ClearType looks much cleaner and is easier for me to read.

3 hours ago, Jito463 said:

1709 (shouldn't that be 1710, since it's releasing in October?).

No. The build was finalized on the 26th of September. After that it changed to cumulative updates.

Any news on release times?

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Please note that it will be released in waves. Apparently, looking online some people are getting it.

Microsoft operated on Pacific Time zone, so Media Creation Tool update and official release press (if any) may take time.

21 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Please note that it will be released in waves. Apparently, looking online some people are getting it.

Microsoft operated on Pacific Time zone, so Media Creation Tool update and official release press (if any) may take time.

As always it will be a waiting game

giphy.gif

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

4 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I heard that Microsoft rolls out to different systems as they test it, is that true?  Or is the distribution just basically random?  Seems odd to me they'd be testing as they distribute it, not to mention there's far more system configs out there than they could ever verify.

3 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

As always it will be a waiting game

Doesn't have to be.  As with all updates including all the way back to the upgrade from 7 to 10 itself, you can either wait for it to appear, or, once it's available (as it is now) you can manually download and force it right now.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

just check, not here for me yet.

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

From Microsoft Windows 10 blog:

Beginning today at 10 a.m. P.T., the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update will start rolling out to Windows 10 PCs across the world in phases, starting with newer machines first.

I guess, more newer system were tested and Microsoft feels more confident than older ones, where manufactures stop providing proper or any support for their hardware.

Microsoft says that you can force update (do at your own risk.. basically)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Click on "Update now" or if you want to clean install, the Media Creation Tool was updated.

Source: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/10/17/get-windows-10-fall-creators-update/#E1IjcfgDJaYt4EbW.97

If you are force upgrading:

Remember:

• Backup your data before upgrading, if you are forcing it
  • Uninstall your A/V and security software (beside Windows Defender), and restart your PC, before upgrading. Install them back once the update is complete. Normally it should be no problem if you ensure your security software are fully updated before starting the process, but just in case, as they are always reported issues since ever when it comes to these big updates (from Service Packs updates from the old days, to Windows 10 update builds)
  • If you used a registry cleaner at some point, you increased your chances of having a broken experience after upgrade
  • If you have had a virus or malware on your system that executed, as your A/V didn't catch it in time, then remember that your A/V doesn't fix registry changes or system file changes, and that can lead to broken Windows or failed update.
  • Ensure that ALL your drivers are FULLY updated before starting the upgrade process (Keyboard (if any), Mouse (if any), Motherboard chipset, Audio, Graphics card, peripherals, and any other cards installed)

XkxKmqK.jpg

My mouse sensitivity changed after the update, I really don't like that Windows might have messed with other settings I don't know about yet.

When you do a one of those big Windows update, it does an actual OS upgrade, like if you upgrade from Win7 to 8, or 7 to 10, or 8 to 10. So drivers are reinstalled from clean, so driver settings will clear, unless the drivers are designed to keep settings.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

When you do a one of those big Windows update, it does an actual OS upgrade, like if you upgrade from Win7 to 8, or 7 to 10, or 8 to 10. So drivers are reinstalled from clean, so driver settings will clear, unless the drivers are designed to keep settings.

Really?Here comes a huge "win update broke everything" wave.

25 minutes ago, MyName13 said:

Really?Here comes a huge "win update broke everything" wave.

Yea. Same for Service Packs back in days. I am not going to claim it is perfect, but most people don't have issues. And yes, there is always a wave of people that will complain. Heck it even happens on normal updates. All I know is that issues on updating OS is not exclusive to Windows. Heck, 3 days ago, one of guys updated his CentOS 7, and things broke.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

Yea. Same for Service Packs back in days. I am not going to claim it is perfect, but most people don't have issues. And yes, there is always a wave of people that will complain. Heck it even happens on normal updates. All I know is that issues on updating OS is not exclusive to Windows. Heck, 3 days ago, one of guys updated his CentOS 7, and things broke.

I understand where your going with this. My only complaint is how Microsoft validates its updates. Barneclues talked about it a while ago, on what the Windows Testing team did. It sounded like they were a big reason most updates were safe back in the day. Now days it seems that you need to be a bit more concerned about updates breaking stuff. My big point is, if Im paying $100 for an OS, I expect they tested it thoroughly before release and professionally, not this, lets let the community test this out shit. Linus gets away with this because A) Its open source and B) Its free. Thats just my thoughts on the matter. But yeah, any update can have an issue, and with the tons of hardware Windows could be running on, people are bound to have some issues down the line. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

99% of users experience when trying to upgrade to another new version of Windows 10

kS0bbie.gif

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I'm already on double update duty with both of my computers getting the FCU directly from windows update, so I just have to wait and see what's broken at the other end (my laptop isn't even on the creators update since it hasn't been used for a while and hadn't had all it's updates and is now waiting for the creators update to actually start downloading).