The LTT youtube channel has become alot worse

Im sure all of you have seen the linus tech tips youtube channel, and they made pretty good content until recently.

And this video has a lot of flaws and is one of my main parts in my opinion why the channel is getting worse.

Now let me address some of the things i think  are wrong with this video

1. at 5:07 Linus says "If everyone else is doing it, it means it works" There is alot of things wrong with that statement 1. If you want your content to be well, better than others. You have to work for it, There is no shortcut to success. if you disagree with me, Show me 1 video that is genuinely a well made thought out video. 

2. The last parts of the video is Linus basically explaining to the viewers that "We need more money, we should get away with click bait"

And if you base yourself as a business you should act more like a business.

Next thing is the decline in my interest in the tech quickie videos

I used to love them, But now there poorly researched and very unprofessional

here is a few examples 

New

1. Self promotion at the beginning 

2. The videos have just lost the professionally in my opinion 

Now an older one

Notice how theirs no self promotion at the beginning

And how more professional it looks and feels with the information and how its delivered.

This is just my opinion

Im hoping the channel will change and become like it used to be.

Best of myself(1000th post)

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Cooler Master masterbox lite 3.1

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dell precision t3400 motherboard

If LTT actually got worse every time someone pointed it out, they wouldn't even exist anymore

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

IMO it's fine.

I wish they would get rid of the jokes on techquickie, since it's more educational, but the LTT channel is fine.

3 minutes ago, v0nn_toaster said:

1. Self promotion at the beginning 

2. The videos have just lost the professionally in my opinion 

...So, just one point? because 2. is opinion anyway.

he also explained thoroughly why he has the intro on techquickie.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

People tend to discover LTT through informative Techquickie videos, but once they've learned the basics they stay at LTT for the entertainment values.  For their long-term viewers, there's only so much they can talk about "how much RAM do you need".  

I will say, however, that the humor is a bit forced.  I like an occasional joke, as Luke does, but when every other sentence is a pun, it gets ridiculous

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Wishlist: MP S-87, iPad, Yamaha HS5's, more storage

5 minutes ago, v0nn_toaster said:

. at 5:07 Linus says "If everyone else is doing it, it means it works" There is alot of things wrong with that statement 1. If you want your content to be well, better than others. You have to work for it, There is no shortcut to success. if you disagree with me, Show me 1 video that is genuinely a well made thought out video. 

2. The last parts of the video is Linus basically explaining to the viewers that "We need more money, we should get away with click bait"

They do act like a business. all buisnesses need money. they get more money with clickbait.

really it's common sense. 25% more money for... like maybe a minor inconvenience on your part

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

If LTT actually got worse every time someone pointed it out, they wouldn't even exist anymore

That's not necessarily true. PewDiePie is almost universally accepted as being a terrible and obnoxious channel to watch, he's huge. The amount of idiots willing to watch drivel is large.

LTT can fit the bill of getting worse and still existing.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Well I mean LMG is a business, clickbait arguably will bring in more ad revenue. I don't agree with the practice but at the end of the day LMG is a business, their largest end of the day goal is to bring in enough money so it can pay its staff, misc. operating costs and hope to turn a profit so it can grow. Otherwise without that, what would be the point of a business?

I mean I don't agree with using clickbait and those thumbnails but it works. Though in fairness their clickbait is pretty good to some of the other kinds of clickbaits I've seen

Gone Violent Gone Sexual

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

They do act like a business. all buisnesses need money. they get more money with clickbait.

really it's common sense. 25% more money for... like maybe a minor inconvenience on your part

But why as a business look less professional than you did?

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Dang I might as well make a meme with how many of these threads I see.

Actually you know what, I decided to.

Spoiler

1xgpz3.jpg.fe60f379a6b727fe665be5a2022f0068.jpg

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, v0nn_toaster said:

professional and LMG has never belonged in the same sentence. you must be new

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

That's not necessarily true. PewDiePie is almost universally accepted as being a terrible and obnoxious channel to watch, he's huge. The amount of idiots willing to watch drivel is large.

LTT can fit the bill of getting worse and still existing.

Just now, wcreek said:

Well I mean LMG is a business, clickbait arguably will bring in more ad revenue. I don't agree with the practice but at the end of the day LMG is a business, their largest end of the day goal is to bring in enough money so it can pay its staff, misc. operating costs and hope to turn a profit so it can grow. Otherwise without that, what would be the point of a business?

I mean I don't agree with using clickbait and those thumbnails but it works. Though in fairness their clickbait is pretty good to some of the other kinds of clickbaits I've seen

Gone Violent Gone Sexual

I think I worded that badly.  What I mean to say is these topics are so common that if each one actually represented a measurable drop in quality, their videos would just be random screaming and flashing colours by now.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Just slow down.

If there are so many threads about video quality that its become a normal  thing that happens dont you think you might want to change something 

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Just slow down.

If there are so many threads about video quality that its become a normal  thing that happens dont you think you might want to change something 

Because there are so many topics about it that LTT has addressed it with their Clickbait thumbnail as you linked. 

Maybe you should look further.

rip

5 minutes ago, v0nn_toaster said:

because of money

Desktop:

Laptop:

2 minutes ago, v0nn_toaster said:

Just slow down.

your complaints don't even make sense:

Trying to get more money is exactly what a business would do...

Next thing is the decline in my interest in the tech quickie videos

I used to love them, But now there poorly researched and very unprofessional

You said that, then gave an example of a video and didn't point out how either of your comments were reflected in that video, and imo, they aren't.

12 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Not necessarily true.  It's almost a trope at this point for artists and creators to stagnate in quality as t they grow in popularity.  

1) The creator runs out of new ideas.

2) The creator dumbs down the content to appeal to more people.

3) The creator reaches a position where they can become famous for being famous.

This is how it works with movies, games and music all the time.  An artist puts out a genre-defining album, they gain popularity and their next album (which isn't as good) sells double as much because they had more popularity than they did before.

PC Build: R5-1600.  Scythe Mugen 5.  GTX 1060.  120 GB SSD.  1 TB HDD.  FDD Mini C.  8 GB RAM (3000 MHz).  Be Quiet Pure Wings 2.  Capstone-550.  Deepcool 350 RGB.

Peripherals: Qisan Magicforce (80%) w/ Gateron Blues.  Razer Naga Chroma.  Lenovo 24" 1440p IPS.  PS4 Controller.

Audio: Focusrite (Solo, 2nd), SM57, Triton Fethead, AKG c214, Sennheiser HD598's, ATH-M50x, AKG K240, Novation Launchkey

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

I think I worded that badly.  What I mean to say is these topics are so common that if each one actually represented a measurable drop in quality, their videos would just be random screaming and flashing colours by now.

No I know, I've seen a lot of people bringing this up. I don't disagree, but I recognize what's happening. Linus is still very central in the videos, but the creation of floatplane is possibly making it possible for a future where maybe Linus isn't the host of the segements, kinda like how we've seen Luke shift to behind the scenes with establishing Floatplane as what seems to be a subsidiary of LMG.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Someone voicing their opinion (hey look, it's a popular enough opinion to have been noticed by now. trend?) Doesn't mean there's a significant drop in quality like you're talking about.

LTT has gone from bad jokes to worse jokes..constantly.

There is a noticeable trend that's a sour taste. Its gone from their thumbnails being meaningful to utter crap, they actually listened on that one and made them relevant to the topic of the video, if still in the over-stylized clickbait-esque design. Their editing has become less professional as a style. (Note, professional =/= cannot have fun) The videos are becoming more loud, over-edited cuts of not very information pieces.

They know. They don't care. They have enough kids watching their content.

I've just stopped watching most of their videos. I find I get better information elsewhere.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

when has LTT ever been about "professionalism" their unprofessional style of formatting videos is what got them viewers while professional channels like NCIX and newegg are not doing so well

LTT exists for vicarious living (much like BuzzFeed's "Worth It" series).

People can go to tons of blogs and more informative Youtubers like Paul's Hardware for educational purposed.  But LTT is for people who want to secondhand experience the fantasy of building a $5000 computer with flashing lights that can play Crysis at 200 fps

Just now, dizmo said:

They know. They don't care. They have enough kids watching their content.

I've just stopped watching most of their videos. I find I get better information elsewhere.

You can get better information about a new CPU by snorting cocaine then reading a book about flowers, than watching a LTT video

Vista

Core i5-8400

8GB DDR4

GTX 1050ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD
MSI H310M PRO-VD

EVGA 450BT

Arctic Cat

Core 2 quad q8200

8GB DDR2 ECC

GTX 550ti

1TB 7200RPM HDD

Just now, Ryan_Vickers said:

Trying to get more money is exactly what a business would do...

Exactly business first, consumer opinion second.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You said that, then gave an example of a video and didn't point out how either of your comments were reflected in that video, and imo, they aren't.

Honestly it's just probably because he has gotten enough knowledge from them that it's just boring at this point. Same thing with me, current tech is really boring to learn about. I like knowing about cutting edge tech and science that's in development.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

16 minutes ago, v0nn_toaster said:

Notice how theirs no self promotion at the beginning

And how more professional it looks and feels with the information and how its delivered.

If you have noticed, Techquickie's subscriber growth is slow. They need to add more subs, hence more ad revenues to keep the channel going or else, they'll kill it just like CSF.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UC0vBXGSyV14uvJ4hECDOl0Q/monthly

While I don't approve all the dumb stuff they do like the anti-RGB PC, the self promotion at the beginning is something that doesn't bother me and it is done by many YouTubers

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

You can get better information about a new CPU by snorting cocaine then reading a book about flowers, than watching a LTT video

this just shows you are not concerned about the quality of their videos at all and you just want to smear them. sure go snort cocaine and see how much cpu knowledge that gets you