Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
draziw

Asus Poseidon 1080TI Which Water Cooling Kit?

Posted · Original PosterOP

As the title says. Which water cooling kit would be the most compatible. I was watching Linus' Tech Tips regarding the EK kits and the relatively low cost, but come to find out that the Rad is made of aluminum. I take it that Poseidon from the looks of it is made from copper?

Yes, the heatpipes that the water run through are made of nickle platted copper. So ya, don't use aluminum.

EDIT: Also I'm assuming the op is talking about the EK gaming fluid kits.

Build

SUPER_PIXEL_COLLIDER

Mobo: Asus x99a II  ||||| Ram: 32 GB Crucial Balistix Sport (White) ||||| CPU: Intel I7 6800k @ 4.35GHz ||||| GPU: ASUS GTX 1080ti Poseidon Platinum  ||||| Mouse: Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum ||||| Headset: Logitech G930 {Gave it away} ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU x2 ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-m50x Edition Green / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Crucial MX300 525GB M.2 SATA Ver.  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 1x360 1x240 Pump: Swifttech MCP355 Res: Alphacool Eisbecher 150mm ||||| Case: Phantek Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

1 hour ago, draziw said:

As the title says. Which water cooling kit would be the most compatible. I was watching Linus' Tech Tips regarding the EK kits and the relatively low cost, but come to find out that the Rad is made of aluminum. I take it that Poseidon from the looks of it is made from copper?

Here are the kits that can work with that card, I would recommend the P360 kits it would provide sufficient cooling for both CPU and GPU.

https://www.ekwb.com/shop/kits