Razer is revealing its first smartphone (Update)

AG1233
15 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

But the real question is, will it be more plastic than Kim Kardashian like every other Razer product in existence?

Yeah cause everyone else builds their products out of pure fucking metal and not cheap plastic!

Imho that picture is rather creepy.

I doubt this is a phone, not enough space to put RGB strips.

If it is a gaming tablet it maybe be the android competitor to the Switch. The Switch's sales records show there is a market for portable consoles, although these sales maybe have something to do with the release of the new Zelda game. As far as i know there are no real android gaming tablets with built in controllers , something this product could offer.

1 hour ago, ScratchCat said:

Imho that picture is rather creepy.

[...]

Yeah, and they didn't exactly find a great looking person to use as the model either which is strange.  Generally part of the marketing strategy is making you picture yourself using it and showing how awesome you would be, and this fails at that lol

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

From the image I feel it could be a hand held gaming system not a phone, or a mix of that.

Warning random speculation.

What if it was a gaming hand held device that uses AMD new apu and they announce that at the event too.

I would be fine with a phone and/or gaming system.

I do think it's interesting everyone is assuming it's a phone.

So you're thinking it's basically like an Nvidia Shield or Nintendo Switch?

That sounds more like something Razer would do, I'd be surprised if they were actually making a smartphone.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

14 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

everyone_rn: "is there a headphone jack"

They took the headphone *jack off*.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

From the looks of that very dark picture it looks like a standard phone, but with a focus on gaming I wonder if this will be a reimagining of the razer redge but more like the switch. Or at least more elegant than the edge was with a small controller dock.

Called it.

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

So the question will it be thick for good battery life, 120Hz display, heatpipe and whatever else. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

On 10/11/2017 at 12:01 PM, tjcater said:

(Can't resist) But can it run Crysis?

Once.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Good another overpriced bad quality product that sells only due to marketing to avoid.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Man I forget how much hate Razer catches on here, 

I'll at least wait till i see the phone, and than a month or two for some reviews before I bash them, putting aside the Razer blade (I agree they really should fix those thermal issues at those prices) I've had as many Corsair product die on me as Razer ones and think people need to settle down a bit. 

all that out the way I can see it been something like a Huawei rebrand as razer I can't seen able to do a smartphone from the ground up, if thats the case it could be pretty good. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

On 10/11/2017 at 11:13 AM, The Benjamins said:

From the image I feel it could be a hand held gaming system not a phone, or a mix of that.

Warning random speculation.

What if it was a gaming hand held device that uses AMD new apu and they announce that at the event too.

By the looks of it, I am thinking a sort of Nvida shield not as much of a phone as a mobile gaming machine like a DS 

Main rig                             I also got some cheep lg phone and a chromebook, witch I have been known to mine bitcoin on sometimes

CPU: R5 2400g                        

RAM: 8gb ram

MOBO: msi b350 pc mate 

CASE: Eclipse p300

PSU: 500w corsair

Instead of shit posting about it im going to tackle the otherside. 

Maybe since its focused on gaming and entertainment they could be getting some actual decent game support on android. Mobile games started to really get graphicly impressive and playing well then the Micro transaction shit Build and wait games took over. as phones get so much faster games dont seem to be keeping up in quality. Ive been hoping some company like the sony PSP phone or similar would take gaming seriously.  Offering a controller in box or something and a few Really good games. 

Ive never bought a single razer product but i am in the market for a phone leaning pixel 2 but id be interested in this if it does something unique for gaming. 

23 hours ago, Senzelian said:

Yeah cause everyone else builds their products out of pure fucking metal and not cheap plastic!

I am not saying that there is anything wrong with using plastic. It is a cheap, readily available mass produced material and does not cost a lot to in term receive profit.

I am not doubting plastic, and wish not to argue, as I don't much about material manufacturing costs and so forth, and I'll simply just justify it when the price if right on a product and/or it makes sense for it to be used. I cannot say that I know a better material, or are saying that it's Razer specially that are a portrayer of bad construction qualities. but it's the price to profit ratio that we've come to notice form Razer being obviously pretty am high with a negative effect on the consumer, and don't take my word alone when I say that as a quick search engine search of construction quality related issues with Razer products and you'll see as to of what I mean.

Look at the deathstalker for example, a horrendously fully plastic, chick lit keyboard which flexes like a piece of gu, when you place even your wrists on it, yet it's still over £140, and you'll see exactly what I mean.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

Will this be competing with the iPhone 8 in terms of build quality?

download.0.jpg

On 10/11/2017 at 2:00 PM, AG1233 said:

.If this is indeed true looks like the phone will have a SD835 along with 8GB of ram.Pretty much the specs of a flagship for a 2017 phone.

Wait, did I miss something this year of phones getting huge RAM upgrades or do you mean besides 8GB of RAM.

Too bad it will run Android and I won't be even remotely interested in it.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

That amount of RAM seems nutty, I assumed 4GB was still more than plenty for a modern Android device.

I’m definitely interested in seeing what this device turns out to be. I can’t imagine it’d be competitive in the camera department, but I’m really curious what Razer makes here.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

I would want a phone that could dual boot windows and android. Perhaps with 8gb of ram, at the same time ;)

5 hours ago, Inkz said:

Wait, did I miss something this year of phones getting huge RAM upgrades or do you mean besides 8GB of RAM.

Mainly meant that for the SD835,as for 8GB of ram as far as I know only chinese companies have been putting much ram right now,Oneplus and LeEco are the only I remember which launched phones with 8GB of RAM  in phone this year.