Razer is revealing its first smartphone (Update)

AG1233

So Razer is bringing out its own smartphone,the reveal for the smartphone will be taking place on November 1 and the teaser for the smartphone is available on their website.

Spoiler

razer-smartphone-teaser-840x440.jpg

This will be the company's first shot at a smartphone after acquiring Nextbit Robin back in January 2017.

Razer has been making major hints about entering the smartphone market for some time, and now the gaming hardware and accessories company is going to officially reveal its first mobile product on November 1, according to a bare-bones teaser page on its website

The page clearly shows a person holding some sort of smartphone, and Razer says this product will be its “biggest unveiling” yet. The company acquired Nextbit, the creator of the Android-powered Robin smartphone, in January 2017. This was the first hint that the company, best known for their gaming accessories for PCs and consoles, along with their high-end PC gaming laptops, was planning to enter the huge smartphone market.

A few weeks ago, Razer CEO Min-Liang Tan confirmed that the company was going to launch a mobile device before the end of 2017, and that it would be focused on “gaming and entertainment”. Last week, a Twitter post by Tom Moss, the head of Razer’s mobile division, had him standing next to Tan, who had what appears to be a heavily shrouded prototype for Razer’s phone in his pants pocket.

While I have pretty mixed feelings on Razer bringing out a smartphone, its too early to say how the phone will be considering no specs or price has been given yet.

Source-http://www.androidauthority.com/razer-teases-first-smartphone-reveal-made-november-1-806708/

EDIT-

@The Benjamins was able to find a link to GFX benchmark of the device which list down the specs of the device.If this is indeed true looks like the phone will have a SD835 along with 8GB of ram.Pretty much the specs of a flagship for a 2017 phone.

(Can't resist) But can it run Crysis?

I guess we won't have to worry about support lifespan since it will just break before it stops getting updates xD

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

It will require synapse to be installed on your PC and you'll have to reboot the phone and PC every update until you ask yourself if you really even need a phone anymore. That's it! This is the answer to our internet connected addiction!

1 minute ago, AG1233 said:

While I have pretty mixed feelings on Razer bringing out a smartphone, its too early to say how the phone will be considering no specs or price has been given yet.

i don't need specs and official price announcements to say how the phone will be: it will be expensive and quality control will be shit. 

Just now, KenjiUmino said:

i don't need specs and official price announcements to say how the phone will be: it will be expensive and quality control will be shit. 

Well that's something we can agree on but I was trying not to shit on them before even showing a product.

From the image I feel it could be a hand held gaming system not a phone, or a mix of that.

Warning random speculation.

What if it was a gaming hand held device that uses AMD new apu and they announce that at the event too.

I would be fine with a phone and/or gaming system.

I do think it's interesting everyone is assuming it's a phone.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

I've never made any razer purchases so quality aside I'll just say that this is a bold ass move and I see a failure chance of 90% and above.

What does razer have that makes them think they can be a successful cell phone company?

Either they have something that makes them extremely confident like a partner or an amazing source for parts, or they are going to fail miserably.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

7 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

From the image I feel it could be a hand held gaming system not a phone, or a mix of that.

Warning random speculation.

What if it was a gaming hand held device that uses AMD new apu and they announce that at the event too.

I would be fine with a phone and/or gaming system.

I do think it's interesting everyone is assuming it's a phone.

Since the CEO has already confirmed they are going to launch a mobile phone before the end of 2017,I would say the chances of it being anything other than a mobile phone are really slim.

The 1st part from your statement could still be true tho a mix between handheld and a phone.

Edited by AG1233

2 minutes ago, AG1233 said:

Since the CEO has already confirmed they are going to launch a mobile phone before the end of 2017,I would say the chances of it being anything other than a mobile phone are really slim.

The 1st part from your statement could still be true tho a mix between handheld and a phone.

Maybe I miss that, I thought all the official statements said mobile device not phone.

Looks to be about the size of a Pixel XL (maybe a bit bigger)

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

Maybe I miss that, I thought all the official statements said mobile device not phone.

NVM it does say mobile device, my bad on that :P

4 minutes ago, AG1233 said:

NVM it does say mobile device, my bad on that :P

REKT

ya I feel people are assuming phone, which seems to be a high chance, but device could be tablet, or hand held console too.

EDIT: If it is a phone I hope they make it unique with maybe dedicated gaming buttons joy stick and have some powerful CPU/GPU in it, It should be a gaming first phone.

Just now, AG1233 said:

Well that's something we can agree on but I was trying not to shit on them before even showing a product.

i try not to shit on them more than they deserve it. and boy do they deserve it.

they used to sell quality stuff for a reasonable price but that flipped around one day and the quality went down hill. it's not even funny.

owned the copperhead and never looked back,

owned the original deathadder and never had a problem. 

both mice took a lot of abuse but are still in use and still delivering. 

but whatever the fuck happened since then is beyond me.

original naga = dead

green naga = gettin dodgy

orochi = scroll wheel tried to get dodgy on me but i could fix that with a drop of glue  

black widow tournament edition = piece of shit, either debouncing is not done proper in firmware or switches are just trash. 

laptops = bad design with overheat problems and whatnot

and don't get me started on that cloudbased driver thingy that does not even allow to update firmware manually from a .bin file like the old software used to. 

Title -> its.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

27 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

everyone_rn: "is there a headphone jack"

There better be

7 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

i try not to shit on them more than they deserve it. and boy do they deserve it.

they used to sell quality stuff for a reasonable price but that flipped around one day and the quality went down hill. it's not even funny.

original naga = dead

orochi = scroll wheel tried to get dodgy on me but i could fix that with a drop of glue  

black widow tournament edition = piece of shit, either debouncing is not done proper in firmware or switches are just trash. 

and don't get me started on that cloudbased driver thingy that does not even allow to update firmware manually from a .bin file like the old software used to. 

Wow you sure have had rough with them.  

Well I have not personally used any Razer products,so I can't say from my own experience but I have heard enough bad shit about Razer's build quality and customer service that I will try and stay away from than unless they bring out a fantastic product.

1 minute ago, AG1233 said:

Wow you sure have had rough with them.  

Well I have not personally used any Razer products,so I can't say from my own experience but I have heard enough bad shit about Razer's build quality and customer service that I will try and stay away from than unless they bring out a fantastic product.

what bothers me is that it went bad pretty much over night. and this happened with many other companies too 

Only Razer product I own is a pair of headphones I got as a gift a couple of years ago. Not the best but the quality is alright. What puts me off from buying Razer stuff myself is the quality issues lots of people report and the exaggerated gamer aesthetic. With that said I still find this an interesting move by them and i could imagine something like the Nvidia shield but as a phone.

i razer phone? let me guess:

4K screen

SD835

overclocked

no heatpipe

SoC below the battery or near the edges to keep the adhesive warm

and will follow the Edge path, and never be talked about, mentioned or remembered 

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Going to be a shit product just like every recent product from Razer.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AX1600i owner. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_GMev0EwK37J3zZL98zIqF-OSBuHlFEHmrc_SPuYsjs/edit?usp=sharing My WIP Power Supply Guide.

But the real question is, will it be more plastic than Kim Kardashian like every other Razer product in existence?

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

2 hours ago, KenjiUmino said:

original naga = dead

So I am not the only person having that disconnection issue with my Blackwidow. Once the Masterset 120 hits the UK it can have tournaments with everything else my bin.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again