Polls in status updates

captain_to_fire

Whenever I make polls in the tech news and reviews within the the threads I make, I actually like seeing where the members lean towards an argument. 

It would be good if status updates also have polls kinda like the polls in Twitter. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

Let me guess, this is way too hard to do

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

This would be a great feature to add, but I think that like usual, its too hard to implement.

12 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Let me guess, this is way too hard to do

I don’t know. Maybe @colonel_mortis can answer. But I think what I posted is hard considering that the forum just recently allowed editing of status updates. 

With most things on IPB you need to either create a Hook or Application to do anything, also with the development of the new version of LLT Forums it's difficult to commit to any real new features at this time, even if there is already a v3 Hook/App the developer may not support it in v4. 

However I think the team here are smarter than the average IPBoard Admin (Like myself) and can write their own hooks/apps for the platform.

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

Afaik adding this would involve considerable changes to both the poll code and the status update code, so it's not at all easy. Given how resistant IPS are to even grouping notifications from the same status update together, I don't think there's any chance of adding this, sorry. Use strawpoll or something like that instead.

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

Afaik adding this would involve considerable changes to both the poll code and the status update code, so it's not at all easy. Given how resistant IPS are to even grouping notifications from the same status update together, I don't think there's any chance of adding this, sorry. Use strawpoll or something like that instead.

Evil.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

Strawpoll, the way, the life, the answer to all you need in polling needs..... :ph34r:

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Strawpoll, the way, the life, the answer to all you need in polling needs..... :ph34r:

Nah :P

11 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Is LMG big enough to buy the company that makes the forum software?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

20 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Is LMG big enough to buy the company that makes the forum software?

Sure, just throw that in the cart with NCIX, they'll settle up everything at the end of the year :P

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

42 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Sure, just throw that in the cart with NCIX, they'll settle up everything at the end of the year :P

I'd suggest do it bit earlier, particularly around November, as NCIX usually gets a Black Friday discount, which often do better than Christmas and New Year.

rip

11 minutes ago, rip said:

I'd suggest do it bit earlier, particularly around November, as NCIX usually gets a Black Friday discount, which often do better than Christmas and New Year.

As Linus mentioned on the last WAN show, he’s interested in buying the NCIX YouTube channel only and do Netlinked Daily segments. But he also mentioned that the bosses of NCIX are still salty with him. 

14 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

wall strawpoll is nice it would be better to just see it from the forms but whatever I guess.

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing