Can you use multiple monitors with different refresh rates?

I'm curious to know if it's possible to play games using three monitors, except with a central monitor that uses g-sync, and the side monitors are at 60Hz.

Any idea's?

"Those who are last are sideways and smiling". - Jeremy Clarkson

You can use a multi-monitor setup while having different refresh rates, if you play the game on one monitor and not with Nvidia surround, this applies to G/Freesync, i don't know about what happens with Gsync in surround.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Different refresh rates might be hard on your eyes however...

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Leonard said:

You can use a multi-monitor setup while having different refresh rates, if you play the game on one monitor and not with Nvidia surround, this applies to G/Freesync, i don't know about what happens with Gsync in surround.

I doubt it would be possible, you'd probably get tearing or something like that...

Just now, NPSTR107 said:

I doubt it would be possible, you'd probably get tearing or something like that...

In surround you mean?...agreed or you will get a combination of tearing and one screen slower than the other causing the game to crash.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

3 minutes ago, Leonard said:

In surround you mean?...agreed or you will get a combination of tearing and one screen slower than the other causing the game to crash.

Yeah, in surround. I suspect it would cause a lot of problems...

1 hour ago, NPSTR107 said:

I'm curious to know if it's possible to play games using three monitors, except with a central monitor that uses g-sync, and the side monitors are at 60Hz.

Any idea's?

Assuming you're talking about gaming, it would be noticable, but if regular scenarios, it would be totally fine. I have a 144hz monitor and a 60hz monitor side by side and since I dont game on the 60hz monitor, I dont notice the huge discrepancy when browsing the webs or monitoring temps

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 hours ago, NPSTR107 said:

Any idea's?

All monitors must be set to the same refresh rate when using NVIDIA Surround. G-Sync cannot be used unless all 3 monitors have G-Sync.