Ducky One vs Coolermaster Key vs Corsiar K70

Clintos

Looking to get a new keyboard and looking at the following options. Looking at the cherry red versions. I don't really care about the RGB/led's or anything. Will be used for gaming. Just want the best quality one out of the 3. Any ideas?

Cheers

I used to have a Corsair K95 (MX Red) and currently own a Ducky Shine 3. I've never used a Coolermaster keyboard so I can't really comment on them, but the K95 is basically a K70 with macros and the Shine 3 is similar to the One. 

I actually had the K95 while I bought the Ducky, with the intention of using both, taking the Ducky with me to college for typing and using the K95 at home for gaming. I ended up just using the Ducky, partly due to coming to hate MX Reds after using Browns, but also due to finding the K95 too loud for me. Because the backplane of the keys is made from metal, it's pretty loud if you bottom out the keys. A set of o-rings may solve this though. 

Both the K95 and Shine 3 are built very well, but I ended up finding that I preferred the more simple design of the Shine 3 and overall found it to feel nicer, both to type on (they used different switches, mind you), but also to hold and touch. The K95, despite being partially metal, flexes quite a lot, whereas the Shine 3 feel more rigid and overall a bit better put together (the K95 is still built well though). 

I had the K95 for about a year and I've had the Shine 3 for over 2. By the time I sold the K95, three of the LEDs had failed, while only one on the Shine 3 has failed (the numberpad 7). That's just my experience with the LEDs though, it's not really enough to base any quality conclusions on. 

check out reddits keyboard section. a lot of these coolermaster/corsair keyboards focus more on profit ratio rather than quality.

blackshades on

I own the K70 Lux and it's a great keyboard. Very durable, I've had a K70 with MX Blue a few years ago and it still runs fine. Solid built quality, media keys with a dedicated volume wheel are amazing and I like the RGB lighting. I can't compare it with your other options but I can definitely vouch for it!

1 hour ago, Reece Leu said:

check out reddits keyboard section. a lot of these coolermaster/corsair keyboards focus more on profit ratio rather than quality.

Coolermaster is well-liked on Reddit. Corsair not so much. I'd say Ducky and Cooler Master are equally good except Ducky usually has better keycaps and Cooler Master has better lighting.

If you don't care about lighting and just care about build quality then Vortex/Filco/Varmilo etc. are better options. I still wouldn't be unhappy with a Masterkeys or Ducky though.