MSI confirms 1070TI in Afterburner changelog

pzspah

"Added core voltage control for reference design NVIDIA GeForce GT 1070 Ti series graphics cards"

Guess I'll wait a bit before going 1080, but with the slight price increase between the 1070Ti and the 1080 there might not be any point in purchasing the former over the latter.

Source:

https://videocardz.com/newz/msi-afterburner-beta-gets-voltage-control-for-rx-vega-and-gtx-1070-ti

Your post doesn't meet posting guidelines, please fix it:

I don't get why Nvidia would release this card, this card makes no sense IMO. They should have lowered the price of the 1080 -_-

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

5 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Your post doesn't meet posting guidelines:

I don't get why Nvidia would release this card, this card makes no sense IMO. They should have lowered the price of the 1080 -_-

I would tell you that you're sorta back seat modding but then I would also be backseat modding?

So uh nah you good b

Agreed, this card if real. Is very stupid. I'd rather see a cheaper 1080 over a more expensive 1070.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

1 minute ago, wcreek said:

I would tell you that you're sorta back seat modding but then I would also be backseat modding?

So uh nah you good b

I would tell you thats offensive to mods, but then i would also be offensivly being a backseat modder?

So uh nah you good b

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

12 minutes ago, wcreek said:

So uh nah you good b

Agreed, this card if real. Is very stupid. I'd rather see a cheaper 1080 over a more expensive 1070.

Yeah a $450 1080 would easily fill the role. a 1070TI probably will keep the costs down for them but i just dont see the gap between 1070 and 1080 needing to exist.

I currently have a 970 and want to upgrade but want at least 1080 Perf otherwise i feel like upgrading to me inst worth it 

I guess if 1060 6gb goes to like 250 

1070 350 

1070TI 430 

1080 500

12 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Pascal is the best thing out and they want to clear the shelves for Volta maybe. 

Might as well make about 40 different versions of the same thing just to tear through them. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

14 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Your post doesn't meet posting guidelines:

Marketing. I bet 1070ti OC Super Hyper Clocked AMP MAX WRGB Turbo 3 will sell better than discounted 1080 Founders Edition, even if they are going to offer identical performance at the same price level.

I will hold out for dual chip vega. But man nvidia makes it hard to stay faithful... 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

2 minutes ago, michaelocarroll007 said:

Yeah a $450 1080 would easily fill the role. a 1070TI probably will keep the costs down for them but i just dont see the gap between 1070 and 1080 needing to exist.

I currently have a 970 and want to upgrade but want at least 1080 Perf otherwise i feel like upgrading to me inst worth it 

Depending on where they go with it, this could push prices down on the rest of the product stack below it down in price. 

4 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

Depending on where they go with it, this could push prices down on the rest of the product stack below it down in price. 

Yeah i just edited it a bit as my guess is similar after thinking about it. It could Push the 1070 and 1060 down to open a spot up price wise so every 70-100 dollars has a price spot in the upper costs

1050TI 150

1060 200

1060 6gb 250 

1070 350

1070TI 430 

1080 500

3 hours ago, wcreek said:

back seat modding

Being proactive isn't back seat modding...

if nVidia releases a 1070ti for real (I still take this with great doubt) this will be their dumbest graphics card in years, it makes no sense as the Pascal line up is solid already nVidia should be more concerned with the shortages and much higher prices than the msrp on retailers, something that will not be fixed with this card.

At least it wasn't a GTX 1090 now that would have made me mad as I have bought my GTX 1080ti literally yesterday.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

12 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

At least it wasn't a GTX 1090 now that would have made me mad as I have bought my GTX 1080ti literally yesterday.

90 is reserved for dual GPU cards on the NVIDIA side, and i would be beyond happy if they released one because dual GPU cards are AWESOME!

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

!

I'm absurdly against SLI, but a dual GPU card is not something to immediately turn down... :P

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

Just now, Princess Cadence said:

I'm absurdly against SLI, but a dual GPU card is not something to immediately turn down... :P

i love SLI too, but it dosent love me xD 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Maybe it's like Mojang confirmed Herobrine

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

4 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

I will hold out for dual chip vega. 

Better got a 1500W PSU... 

/s

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

4 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

There are shortages of 1070 with very inflated prices so they made new 1070 that performs a bit better and is price inflated by default but it will be in stock for 6 more seconds... worth it!

EDIT:

Is this first time there are 3x Ti cards in one gen? (1050ti, 1070ti, 1080ti, Titan X = Titan Xp (Ti) as well? :D )

4 hours ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

1070 price drop, slot the 70 Ti in to where the 70 sat, everybody is happy except for the people that just bought a 1070.

4 minutes ago, WereCat said:

There are shortages of 1070 with very inflated prices so they made new 1070 that performs a bit better and is price inflated by default but it will be in stock for 6 more seconds... worth it!

EDIT:

Is this first time there are 3x Ti cards in one gen? (1050ti, 1070ti, 1080ti, Titan X = Titan Xp (Ti) as well? :D )

If they do a Titan Xp Ti it better be a full fat GP100.

1 minute ago, Dylanc1500 said:

If they do a Titan Xp Ti it better be a full fat GP100.

No, I mean that Titan X and Titan Xp are like GTX 1080 and GTX 1080 Ti (sort of)

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

1070 price drop, slot the 70 Ti in to where the 70 sat, everybody is happy except for the people that just bought a 1070.

It'll be the Titan X (pascal) and Titan Xp fiasco all over again.

1 minute ago, Dylanc1500 said:

It'll be the Titan X (pascal) and Titan Xp fiasco all over again.

I can't wait until there's price drops on Pascal when Volta releases and everyone complains about how they just bought a card at the old MSRP.

Wah wah, technology marches forward. Wait if you can.

1 minute ago, WereCat said:

No, I mean that Titan X and Titan Xp are like GTX 1080 and GTX 1080 Ti (sort of)

Oh I see what you mean, my apologies! I interpreted that differently.

8 minutes ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I can't wait until there's price drops on Pascal when Volta releases and everyone complains about how they just bought a card at the old MSRP.

Wah wah, technology marches forward. Wait if you can.

The fantastic reality of technology. Today's state of the art becomes tomorrow's wagon wheel.