AMD Cool n Quiet not working on Windows 10

Go to solution Solved by Ashley MLP Fangirl,
2 minutes ago, Akalion said:

I'm running the Phenom II 955 BE and I just noticed that Cool n Quiet isn't working as it should. My CPU is always stuck at 3.5Ghz when it should downclock if the usage isn't high. I think this is because I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple days ago from 8.1. It worked fine on 8.1, but my motherboard (GA-78LMT-USB3 rev 4.1 I think.) doesn't seem to support Windows 10 as there isn't an option for it when downloading drivers.

So is there any way I could get Cool n Quiet to work or is there nothing I can do? Any suggestions appreciated.

make sure that in the advanced power options the cpu frequency isn't pinned at 100%.

I'm running the Phenom II 955 BE and I just noticed that Cool n Quiet isn't working as it should. My CPU is always stuck at 3.5Ghz when it should downclock if the usage isn't high. I think this is because I upgraded to Windows 10 a couple days ago from 8.1. It worked fine on 8.1, but my motherboard (GA-78LMT-USB3 rev 4.1 I think.) doesn't seem to support Windows 10 as there isn't an option for it when downloading drivers.

So is there any way I could get Cool n Quiet to work or is there nothing I can do? Any suggestions appreciated.

2 minutes ago, Akalion said:

make sure that in the advanced power options the cpu frequency isn't pinned at 100%.

She/Her

1 hour ago, firelighter487 said:

Oh wow, I didn't even know that was a thing.Thanks so much.

Just now, Akalion said:

Oh wow, I didn't even know that was a thing.Thanks so much.

so it's fixed now?

She/Her

2 hours ago, firelighter487 said:

so it's fixed now?

Yep, all fixed.