Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KinglyMuch

Keyboard Showdown - What Should I Buy?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm looking to buy a mech keyboard and am torn between 4 choices. My absolute maximum is £200, but Ideally I'm not looking to spend more than £175.

 

So far my options are:

 

  • Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2
  • Corsair K70 LUX 
  • Logitech G810
  • Any nice Ducky I can find

 

I've seen some people complain about the switches on the Razer and Logitech because they're not cherry switches but others say they make no difference. From past experience Razers built quality is a little tacky, but the keyboard looks fine as hell. The Logitech is the most aesthetically pleasing of them all in my opinion but I've seen some poor reviews on Amazon. I love the Corsair, it looks the most "genuine" of them all but the font on the caps is pretty garish. As for Ducky, I've heard great things but don't really know what to look for.

 

Any first hand experience from owners of these keyboards would be great, I'm completely torn :S

Link to post
Share on other sites

Get the G610 Orion Brown.  It looks exactly like the G810 but comes with Brown switches and the backlighting is purely white. I personally own this keyboard and am typing with it right now.  It is aesthetically pleasing and pretty minimalistic.  There is a variant with MX Red switches if that taters your tots.  


 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would get the K70 or the Ducky

I find that Logitech's Romer-G is a either a love it or hate it thing and without testing you don't know.

I would avoid Razer at all costs


My life

Link to post
Share on other sites

Avoid razer.

 

Have never tried Romer-G, but I have a logitecch G610 with cherry browns. Its really good, minimalist etc with white backlighting and good software control + media keys etc.

 

I would warn against RGB, as I personally find it very distracting in my peripheral vision.


Sync RGB fans with motherboard RGB header.

 

Main rig:

Ryzen 7 1700x (4.05GHz)

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW ACX 3.0

16GB G. Skill Flare X 3466MHz CL14

Crosshair VI Hero

EK Supremacy Evo

EVGA SuperNova 850 G2

Intel 540s 240GB, Intel 520 240GB + WD Black 500GB

Corsair Crystal Series 460x

Asus Strix Soar

 

Laptop:

Dell E6430s

i7-3520M + On board GPU

16GB 1600MHz DDR3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KinglyMuch said:

I'm looking to buy a mech keyboard and am torn between 4 choices. My absolute maximum is £200, but Ideally I'm not looking to spend more than £175.

 

So far my options are:

 

  • Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2
  • Corsair K70 LUX 
  • Logitech G810
  • Any nice Ducky I can find

 

I've seen some people complain about the switches on the Razer and Logitech because they're not cherry switches but others say they make no difference. From past experience Razers built quality is a little tacky, but the keyboard looks fine as hell. The Logitech is the most aesthetically pleasing of them all in my opinion but I've seen some poor reviews on Amazon. I love the Corsair, it looks the most "genuine" of them all but the font on the caps is pretty garish. As for Ducky, I've heard great things but don't really know what to look for.

 

Any first hand experience from owners of these keyboards would be great, I'm completely torn :S

k70 for sure

 

no idea why razer even made it on your list.


"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 year owner of original K70 RGB here (with the non-gamery font on the keycaps). Corsair's keyboards feel solid af with a metal backplate and the wrist rest is super nice. Their software is also the most fleshed out IMO.

 

Don't go for the Logitech 810. Romer-G switches are a very mixed bag, and they have a different stem which prevents you from switching to a different set of keycaps later on down the road.

 

If you're interested in Logitech, look at the 610. It's identical except it's non-RGB but it uses Cherry MX switches.

 

I'd avoid Razer because of their shaky rep for build quality and repair support.

 

I've never really been into Duckys, but I've heard nothing but praise from Ducky owners. If you want a plain aesthetic and really good build quality, go Ducky.


QUOTE ME IF YOU WANT ME TO REPLY

 

Le USD $300 Second Hand Potato

CPU: Intel i5-750 @ 3.8GHz Motherboard: Intel DP55WG RAM: 12GB Corsair Budget 1333MHz (2x2GB+2x4GB) GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 5750 512MB Case: Cooler Master Elite Storage: Seagate Barracuda 500GB PSU: Cooler Master Generic 500W (came with case) Displays: 21.5" 1080p Acer G226HQL Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (Mx Reds) Mouse: Logitech G502 Sound: Turtle Beach X12's Operating System: Windows 10

 

Yep... My peripherals cost me more than the rig itself. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ducky all the way. Out of these it has the best switches, same as Corsair, but here are few more reasons. 

Also the print on Corsair keyboards is prone to "washing away" sometimes after longer use.

 

Some will say go Logitech, but imo there is no reason to pick it over a let's say Ducky. 

 

OP also look at Filco and Rosewill. 


The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bouzoo said:

Also the print on Corsair keyboards is prone to "washing away" sometimes after longer use.

 

While very uncommon, should this happen, we do ship out replacement keycaps.

 

@KinglyMuch The choice is completely up to you which keyboard you go with.  I always recommend customers to go to a local store and try it out first hand.  If you're looking for any specific features or have questions, feel free to let me know and I'll help you out.


Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Corsair Nick said:

While very uncommon, should this happen, we do ship out replacement keycaps.

 

@KinglyMuch The choice is completely up to you which keyboard you go with.  I always recommend customers to go to a local store and try it out first hand.  If you're looking for any specific features or have questions, feel free to let me know and I'll help you out.

If you are part or Corsair, not saying that you're not, you should get the Industry Affiliate tag. 


The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×