DVD audio quality vs CD audio quality?

Cereal_Killer
Just now, Cereal_Killer said:

I'm not sure if it matters much; I don't have an expensive home theater system. I'll be listening to the concerts with my headphones, and watching them either on my PC or on my TV. I don't have 5 speakers and a subwoofer in my cans :)

Since you talked about the great choreography and showmanship your kinda stuck with the DVD for that. Or put on the CD and imagine really hard :P 

I doubt I will, I'm a headphone-lover and a speaker-hater

I am pretty much the same, love my Sennheisers <3 Could always play around with a 5.1 to binaural decoder! now that stuff is weird and impressive :D 

CPU  Intel i7 5820k Motherboard Asus X99-S  RAM  32GB (8x4) Kingston Hyper X Fury GPU EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 iCX Case Fractal Design R4 Windowed Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Crucial M500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU Corsair RM1000 Display 2x Asus VS239HV Cooling  Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard  Corsair K70 RGB Mouse Logitech G502 Gaming Surface Razer Golitahus Extended Speed

9 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Since you talked about the great choreography and showmanship your kinda stuck with the DVD for that. Or put on the CD and imagine really hard :P 

The video is the main reason I consider buying the DVDs/Blu-Rays, as for the most part I enjoy Iron Maiden more on studio albums than on live albums.

Also, now that I think of it, I shouldn't have said "great choreography and showmanship" It's just... fun to watch.

7 minutes ago, DJfern94 said:

I am pretty much the same, love my Sennheisers <3 Could always play around with a 5.1 to binaural decoder! now that stuff is weird and impressive :D 

I have Sennheiser HD 513 and plan on upgrading them to Momentum 2.0s (for outdoor listening) and/or HD 650s (indoor eargasm) somewhere in the next... year or so.

It's just... fun to watch.

^^ Get the DVD and be done with it. Fun > bitrate numbers :P 

basic stuff you should pay attention is that a CD is just 2 channels good for headphones , also bitrate is high so headphones being good should seem better , also good for surround listening but it's split down the middle for left & right  , Dvd has multi channel format so it should provide a 3d feeling for things but usually DVD recording when remastered  the quality can tank depending on the kind of encoding they do ac3 640 is dolby format should sound a bit louder depending on what you have & dts 1500 should feel a bit filled from top to bottom but it is pretty much better, 

in a nutshell , Your headphone good? get the CD . if you want a loud experience like wake the neighbor up while you're in within a sound dome inside your room, Get the DVD & blast it.

Details separate people.

-moved to audio-

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

All else being equal, the difference would be negligible. And for all else to be equal, we would need to assume that the original source material recorded to the DVD was recorded and processed with at least that much bitrate.