is this tv good for gaming? and general pc use?

Ashley MLP Fangirl
Go to solution Solved by Master Disaster,

If you don't care about input lag then sure, any TV with a HDMI port will "work".

I understand the budget restriction thing too, just get the best you can afford and that's all you can do :)

okay, so i'm buying a new tv.

the way this will be set up, is: in my bedroom, i have my desk with my gaming setup on it in a corner, a couch in the middle, and a cabinet in front of that.

i'm running an hdmi cable to the tv from my pc, so i can game while on the couch...

will this tv work fine: philips 24pfs5231/12

i'm on a budget, and this one was the biggest i can afford that is full hd.

i don't care about input lag. as long it's not like a 2 second delay.

She/Her

If you don't care about input lag then sure, any TV with a HDMI port will "work".

I understand the budget restriction thing too, just get the best you can afford and that's all you can do :)

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Yes, it will work. See if it has a “game mode” of some kind. If it does, use it on that setting whenever using a PC with it.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2