No post, How to update BIOs!

Go to solution Solved by Ashley MLP Fangirl,
Just now, TwistedVeteran said:

Dammit man I was suspecting I would have to that maybe I can find the cheapest and that my board supports out of the box and update it. If not I guess I am saving for a new board.

please quote us, otherwise we won't see it.

you could get a dirt cheap athlon that fits in your board for like $5, because according to this:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-880GA-UD3H-rev-31#sp

your board supports those. just make sure it has the correct socket, and is supported by your older bios.

2 minutes ago, TwistedVeteran said:

Would this board limit my setup anyways?

no, your graphics card matches quite nicely with it. if you upgrade the platform to something newer, your gpu will bottleneck it.

1 minute ago, TwistedVeteran said:

I paid nothing for board, psu and gpu but 40 on 16 gb ddr3 and 30 on the cpu.

in that case i would definetly get the cheapest used cpu that the board supports, update the bios, and be done with it.

I need to update bio to support a new cpu for this board (fx-8120). My Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H REV 3.1 supports the fx processor but need an bios update.

How do flash the updated bios with a no POST because of this reason?

PC specs;

Fx-8120

Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H REV 3.1

16 gb (2x8) ddr3 1866

Asus GTX 660 TI

BFG 450 PSU

I understand these arnt top specs parts but I am on a budget and the Veterans Affairs doesn't pay that much for my combat injures. So I do what I can with what skills I have.

I have tried most if not all no post help pages to include running just one stick of ram, cpu/fans and psi hooked up to a screen.

you need to install a cpu that is still supported by your older bios, update it, and then install your new cpu.

She/Her

Dammit man I was suspecting I would have to that maybe I can find the cheapest and that my board supports out of the box and update it. If not I guess I am saving for a new board.

Just now, TwistedVeteran said:

you could get a dirt cheap athlon that fits in your board for like $5, because according to this:

your board supports those. just make sure it has the correct socket, and is supported by your older bios.

2 minutes ago, TwistedVeteran said:

Would this board limit my setup anyways?

no, your graphics card matches quite nicely with it. if you upgrade the platform to something newer, your gpu will bottleneck it.

in that case i would definetly get the cheapest used cpu that the board supports, update the bios, and be done with it.

She/Her

1 minute ago, firelighter487 said:

Thank you very much

Thank you very much

you can mark the thread solved now. go to my long answer, and click the 'v' icon. that way others will see that your issue has been solved.

She/Her