Hotel in Taiwan offers gaming PCs in every room

razaldo

The iHotel (such an original name) in Taiwan is offering two gaming PCs in every room equipped with 32 inch monitors. It boasts of a lobby for gamers as well.

Each room at the  iHotel  in Taoyuan, Taiwan has not one, but two high-performance gaming PCs — complete with glowing peripherals, large monitors, and expensive chairs designed around gaming. 

Even the hotel's lobby is packed with several gaming PCs, if you want to visit and play for a few hours. 

It offers most of fancy stuff too - like gaming chairs etc.  

The room prices are also okayish - around USD 100 per night. They also offer hourly rates.

You don't have to stay at the hotel overnight to use the gaming PCs at the hotel, either. Mashable reported that you can stay and play games for $12 per hour on weekends, or $75 for 15 hours. 

Honestly I do not know if my wife would let me book this hotel. Since she would want to go sight seeing, while I would want to stay in the room and play some COD4.

The target market for this is so niche, but it still is good to see such hotels coming up.

You know what else you can get in Taiwan for cheap price right?

You guess it: food. It's cheap AF.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

if i stay in a hotel, the last thing i want to do is be stuck in a room on a computer gaming. Seriously, who does that? 

Moreover, buying 24 hrs at a internet cafe in taiwan is crazy cheap.

Hope they clean the peripherals after each customer. 

The real question is how long it's going to take to download anything to your steam library...

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

4 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

The real question is how long it's going to take to download anything to your steam library...

No, the real question is who goes on a trip and doesn't bring their steam library on an external hard drive? xD

-KuJoe

3 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

No, the real question is who goes on a trip and doesn't bring their steam library on an external hard drive? xD

99.99% of people on the planet but only 80% on this forum.

Just now, TrigrH said:

99.99% of people on the planet but only 80% on this forum.

My post was originally a joke but now I'm curious who else besides me brings their Steam library with them whenever they travel... I might need to start another thread with a poll to find out the truth! :D

-KuJoe

1 minute ago, KuJoe said:

My post was originally a joke but now I'm curious who else besides me brings their Steam library with them whenever they travel... I might need to start another thread with a poll to find out the truth! :D

True that.

5 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Go to another country to... shut yourself in?

Genius!

OK so now I'm the only person who travels with their own Steam library on an external drive AND never leaves the hotel when I travel? xD

-KuJoe

2 hours ago, Bcat00 said:

if i stay in a hotel, the last thing i want to do is be stuck in a room on a computer gaming. Seriously, who does that? 

Moreover, buying 24 hrs at a internet cafe in taiwan is crazy cheap.

Plenty of people. The assumption here is that only people traveling as tourist would visit Taiwan which is incorrect: On almost every hotel that is not cheap enough to bring prostitutes to, the most common guest is a business traveler.

So there's several things then:

1) People who travel for work do so often enough that sight seeing isn't always desirable

2) People who travel for business might not really have time or energy for much more than a few minutes of a gaming session late at night before going for dinner

3) People who travel for work are not necessarily extroverts that enjoy traveling and social interaction. It's literally just something you do for work.

I can tell you all 3 apply to me and I wish any hotels would actually have something like a decent gaming rig since I can only travel with my work PC so no gaming for usually a solid week.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Considering the desktop which I had built was initially called a "high performance gaming PC" despite only having an i5 4440 with no dedicated graphics.

Spoiler

I solved that quickly with "could you please add a GTX 650ti OC 2GB as well, the Mobility Radeon 9000igp in my laptop is horrible and I don't want to go through that again".

Then again, it was very high performance since my laptop couldn't even run DirectX 9 games without locking up,

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

52 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'd much rather bring a Nintendo 64 and just play Mario Kart 64 with some people.

You could also carry a raspi with a nes emulator loaded in it for a pocket friendly solution

What does the hotel do after all that tech becomes obsolete 

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

7 hours ago, KuJoe said:

Would you count a laptop HDD when you bring a SATA to USB adapter?

9 hours ago, KuJoe said:

Real question is who travels without their gaming laptop! :P

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

14 hours ago, KuJoe said:

I guess I'm not as PC masterrace as I thought.

Then again, my idea of vacation is sitting at home with my beloved battlestation. So....?

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

36 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

I guess I'm not as PC masterrace as I thought.

Then again, my idea of vacation is sitting at home with my beloved battlestation. So....?

I call it a staycation ,  those are my favorite.