Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
seth125

Motherboard not responding

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

My motherboard... well... the onboard graphics has not output signal at all, and I have no video even after installing a graphics card. The speaker beeps not, not even after removing the memory or the CPU. I changed the PSU as long as every other hardware just to discard a malfunction, but I have not the tools (aka another computer with the same socket/slots) to test the CPU or the Memory, but I know the motherboard is not quite dead 'cause when I turn it on the fans spin. And thats all the pc does. 

 

Any tip or advice? the mobo is a p4m900 m7 fe Biostar

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, seth125 said:

My motherboard... well... the onboard graphics has not output signal at all, and I have no video even after installing a graphics card. The speaker beeps not, not even after removing the memory or the CPU. I changed the PSU as long as every other hardware just to discard a malfunction, but I have not the tools (aka another computer with the same socket/slots) to test the CPU or the Memory, but I know the motherboard is not quite dead 'cause when I turn it on the fans spin. And thats all the pc does. 

 

Any tip or advice? the mobo is a p4m900 m7 fe Biostar

When you installed the GPU, where is your video cables connected to? The motherboard rear I/O or the GPU itself?


AMD Phenom™ II X6 1100T @ 4.0GHz | MSI 890FXA-GD65 | MSI GTX 550Ti | 16GB Kingston DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD 750GB | Antec 300 | ASUS Xonar DG | Corsair A50 | OCZ 600W | Windows 10 Pro

Sony MDR-V250 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 

Intel Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 

Intel Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina  Lenovo IdeaPad P580

AMD Phenom™ II X2 550 @ 3.10GHz | Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H | XFX Radeon HD 4870 | 4GB Corsair XMS2 | WD 250GB | Thermaltake TR2 500W | Windows 10 Pro

iPhone 6s (iOS 13.6.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | Samsung Galaxy S5e

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the PC on continuously after you hit the start button, do the fans and such continue to be powered on? or does it switch off after a few seconds?

 


Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

https://www.dictionary.com/  is good for helping with spelling, if you care.

 

Spoiler
  • PCs:-
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/GZWxgJ
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F1 128GB 6GB RAM
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
  • Lenovo k3 note
  • Windows tablet
  • Unused Hardware currently :-
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo - Thermaltake Core V21-  EVGA Supernova G2 650W Gold PSU
  • AMD phenom II 1055t / 8GB RAM / DVD writer
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition x2
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini
  • Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

When you installed the GPU, where is your video cables connected to? The motherboard rear I/O or the GPU itself?

To the GPU of course. I tried several cards, a radeon 7550 and a gtx970

7 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

Is the PC on continuously after you hit the start button, do the fans and such continue to be powered on? or does it switch off after a few seconds?

 

Yes, they do. All the fans keep powered on, the CPU's, the GPU's, the PSU's and the case's. That's the only way i know it is turned on, but otherwise it does nothing

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, seth125 said:

To the GPU of course. I tried several cards, a radeon 7550 and a gtx970

Yes, they do. All the fans keep powered on, the CPU's, the GPU's, the PSU's and the case's. That's the only way i know it is turned on, but otherwise it does nothing

OK I would theorize then that the computer is in fact on, and that you just can't see a display output:-

 

Try a different output from the GPU if you can.

Try a different cable.

Try a different display.


Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

https://www.dictionary.com/  is good for helping with spelling, if you care.

 

Spoiler
  • PCs:-
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/GZWxgJ
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F1 128GB 6GB RAM
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
  • Lenovo k3 note
  • Windows tablet
  • Unused Hardware currently :-
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo - Thermaltake Core V21-  EVGA Supernova G2 650W Gold PSU
  • AMD phenom II 1055t / 8GB RAM / DVD writer
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition x2
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini
  • Nvidia Shield K1 tablet

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
18 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

OK I would theorize then that the computer is in fact on, and that you just can't see a display output:-

 

Try a different output from the GPU if you can.

Try a different cable.

Try a different display.

Yeah... already try all of that. Tried VGA, HDMI, DVI and nothing. And the onboard speaker also worked before, but now it doesn't indicate a thing. Tried two different GPUs so I think it is safe to assume it's not a video issue

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×