Thoughts on i3-8350K?

So, I wanted to hear what you guys thought of the Coffee Lake i3K and also non K.

Seeing that Kaby's I3K was a total flop, now that the Coffee Lake one will be 4C/4T, how will it change things?

Before Coffee Lake, the i5K and non K was probably the best budget gamer's CPU if you're not doing very intense multitasking or stuff that really requires the extra cores... It has very good IPC and paired with the higher clock speeds make it a great choice for general overall computing.

Now that the 4C/4T CPUs have moved to the i3 line and are cheaper, are they going to become the most popular balanced budget CPU? (Assuming the price is more or less around how much they announced it for lol)

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • ASUS TUF GAMING B550M Plus
  • Ryzen 5 5600X undervolted
  • Gigabyte VISION OC RTX 3070 undervolted
  • 32GB Teamgroup Dark Alpha 3600 MHz CL18
  • Corsair TX750M
  • Fractal Design Meshify C Mini

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech Extreme 3D Pro & Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

i3 8350K = i5 7600K

Z370 boards are cheaper than Z270 boards too

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

7 minutes ago, JaZoN_XD said:

So, I wanted to hear what you guys thought of the Coffee Lake i3K and also non K.

Seeing that Kaby's I3K was a total flop, now that the Coffee Lake one will be 4C/4T, how will it change things?

Before Coffee Lake, the i5K and non K was probably the best budget gamer's CPU if you're not doing very intense multitasking or stuff that really requires the extra cores... It has very good IPC and paired with the higher clock speeds make it a great choice for general overall computing.

Now that the 4C/4T CPUs have moved to the i3 line and are cheaper, are they going to become the most popular balanced budget CPU? (Assuming the price is more or less around how much they announced it for lol)

It Might be good cause CPU Bechmarks are Awesome in Comparison with Ryzen 5. It might be a good move from Intel..

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-8350K-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-1500X/3935vs3921

16 minutes ago, JDE said:

i3 8350K = i5 7600K

Z370 boards are cheaper than Z270 boards too

My thought exactly.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • Corsair TX750M

Sim Equipment

Spoiler
  • Logitech G27 with pedals and H-shifter
  • TrackIR 4

Since that the coffelake i3s are bringing 4c/4t to the mainstream, the 8350k and its overclocking capabilities, paired with a fairly cheap Z370 motherboard is great in terms of price to performance, considering that this processor and a cheap Z370 motherboard costs around $300. i3 8350k= i5 7600k performance, but for a cheaper price. Z370 motherboards are cheaper than Z270 ones.

The chip looks great and matches the 7600k performance and I think it would destroy any r5 CPU in gaming. But I doubt it would go successful. The i5-8400 is only 10-15$ more and it has 2 extra cores. Investing in a full i5 system would actually cost less, as the i5 is locked; meaning you can buy a motherboard with a cheaper chipset like a B or an H, whereas with the i3 you need a Z chipset board to take advantage of OC. Also The 8350k will require a beefier cooler, as it has a higher TDP of 91 vs the i5's 65.

I believe it really got some potential pairing with cheap z370 board. it has 4 ghz baseclock & if it reaches 5ghz overclocked i am sure for gaming it will be amazing. its just not getting highlighted yet  

9 hours ago, Nuc lover said:

The chip looks great and matches the 7600k performance and I think it would destroy any r5 CPU in gaming. But I doubt it would go successful. The i5-8400 is only 10-15$ more and it has 2 extra cores. Investing in a full i5 system would actually cost less, as the i5 is locked; meaning you can buy a motherboard with a cheaper chipset like a B or an H, whereas with the i3 you need a Z chipset board to take advantage of OC. Also The 8350k will require a beefier cooler, as it has a higher TDP of 91 vs the i5's 65.

That's a good point for the i5, but I think most people who would build a PC just to game and do their MS Word homework might not really need the extra 2 cores and maybe would benefit more from the higher clock speeds of the unlocked i3 in their games than the i5.

BRRRT!

PC

Spoiler
  • Corsair TX750M

Sim Equipment

Spoiler