What temperature white looks best with RGB?

Acorn Eye

I'm shopping for SK6812 strips right now, and I can't decide between cool white, natural white, and warm white. Cool white is the brightest output, natural white has the cleanest output, and warm white has the most consistent colors.

14 hours ago, Acorn Eye said:

I'm shopping for SK6812 strips right now, and I can't decide between cool white, natural white, and warm white. Cool white is the brightest output, natural white has the cleanest output, and warm white has the most consistent colors.

That is a question you have to answer yourself it's personal preference to what color temperature would be best, for the best accuracy Natural white with High CRI LED chips would give the best look. You can also get RGBW LED strips which integrate it into one strip.

For my pc modding projects I have found that i like natural white best as i think it is "the whitest" one. The cool white sometimes looks too blueish and the warm whites sometimes look too yellow.

Warm white: Imagine the light from an incandescent light bulb (the ones that have a heated filament inside the bulb, not led:s or discharge tubes)

Natural white: Think of the color of a sheet of white paper on a bright day (not morning nor evening). 

Cold white: Slightly bluer and cooler

Tip: You can play around with your display's color settings and changing the color temperature from warm (small number) to cold (high number).

If you are not familiar from where the color temperature (measured in Kelvins) originate you can watch this video by Philips that explains it very simplified. Maybe it will help you make a decision.

Natural white is the most white one.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking