Nzxt h440 case fan

Walt
Go to solution Solved by W-L,
1 minute ago, Walt said:

No I don’t have that one. My up-left is a cable that has a sticker with PWM on it. So I think that needs to go in a motherboard case fan header. If so how do i set a fan curve? With the bios or msi command center?

Thanks!!

Alright so the new revised board like this below, you have the plug the PWM cable into a PWM capable motherboard header and control it within the BIOS or MSI commander software. The output of the unit take the PWM signal and provides and equivalent 3 pin DC voltage control signal output. 

Image result for nzxt pwmImage result for nzxt pwm

Hi everyone,

I have 7 (3 pin) case fans for my nzxt h440.   4 from the case and 4 Corsair sp120 green. What would be the best way to position them with Airflow? 

Also I have the razer nzxt h440. On the fan hub is a locked pwm cable. Can this control the fan speed with a curve?

Thanks!

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

16 hours ago, Walt said:

Hi everyone,

I have 7 (3 pin) case fans for my nzxt h440.   4 from the case and 4 Corsair sp120 green. What would be the best way to position them with Airflow? 

Also I have the razer nzxt h440. On the fan hub is a locked pwm cable. Can this control the fan speed with a curve?

Thanks!

If you have this fan hub in the back it's a single speed fan splitter that has no control-ability as it just takes power from the PSU. If you want to control them in groups you can hook them up to your motherboard using fan splitters, a good rule of thumb though is to not have more than 3-4 fans per header depending on the fan. 

Razer-H440-Fan-Hub.jpg

3 hours ago, W-L said:

If you have this fan hub in the back it's a single speed fan splitter that has no control-ability as it just takes power from the PSU. If you want to control them in groups you can hook them up to your motherboard using fan splitters, a good rule of thumb though is to not have more than 3-4 fans per header depending on the fan. 

Razer-H440-Fan-Hub.jpg

No I don’t have that one. My up-left is a cable that has a sticker with PWM on it. So I think that needs to go in a motherboard case fan header. If so how do i set a fan curve? With the bios or msi command center?

Thanks!!

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

1 minute ago, Walt said:

Thanks!!

Alright so the new revised board like this below, you have the plug the PWM cable into a PWM capable motherboard header and control it within the BIOS or MSI commander software. The output of the unit take the PWM signal and provides and equivalent 3 pin DC voltage control signal output. 

Image result for nzxt pwmImage result for nzxt pwm

12 minutes ago, W-L said:

-snip-

What kind of fan curve do you suggest? I have the 3 normal fans as front intake and the 1 Corsair sp120 in the back and 2 in the top as out ’take’. 

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Walt said:

What kind of fan curve do you suggest? I have the 3 normal fans as front intake and the 1 Corsair sp120 in the back and 2 in the top as out ’take’. 

Thanks!

Personally I tend to like to have exponential fan curves so the system stays as quiet as long as possible until it get hot and needs to turn the fans up for cooling.