Sport Earphones for everyday use?

krkevin
Go to solution Solved by Valkyrie Lenneth,

in ear headphones damages ur ears overtime due to friction ect

however if it is one of these that dont fully stick into ur ears ( the actual comfort sport design thingy that dont go all the way in ur ear )

then ur fine aslong they dont constantly cause friction in ur ear

Has anyone tried using a pair of fitness earphones for normal everyday use? I know this may seem like a stupid question, but just curious.

-Kevin-

however if it is one of these that dont fully stick into ur ears ( the actual comfort sport design thingy that dont go all the way in ur ear )

(◑‿◐)

short said

the yellow ones are a NO NO, the blakc ones can be used everyday without damage

sport1.png

sport2.jpg

(◑‿◐)

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

what?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M5AHD8S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-MDR-XB50AP-Extra-Earbud-Headphones/dp/B00JRD13T8

ive been using these for 4+ years....with no damage to my ears by friction...ive never heard of this issue

Photography / Finance / Gaming

2 minutes ago, mok said:

what?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01M5AHD8S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.ca/Sony-MDR-XB50AP-Extra-Earbud-Headphones/dp/B00JRD13T8

ive been using these for 4+ years....with no damage to my ears by friction...ive never heard of this issue

coz there probably was no friction caused, try sleeping with them for a few nights and tell me the same lol ( with ur ear on the pillow )

(◑‿◐)

Just now, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

coz there probably was no friction caused, try sleeping with them for a few nights and tell me the same lol

ive fallen asleep with them multiple times

no friction man - these style of ear buds are always designed to fit snug inside your ears....they dont move at all

it sounds like your tips are shitty - or you have sensitive ears

Photography / Finance / Gaming

11 minutes ago, mok said:

ive fallen asleep with them multiple times

no friction man - these style of ear buds are always designed to fit snug inside your ears....they dont move at all

it sounds like your tips are shitty - or you have sensitive ears

Regular use of earplugs can lead to swelling and local infection of the skin of the external ear canal, although their occasional use is likely to be harmless.

not everyone have it but ALOT of ppl do

also regular use of earplugs ( in ear ) causes the ear to lose its own cleaning function with wax so the ear cant create wax anymore while its inside and that can lead to the infections or even ear canal damage

so short said, even if u dont notice anything right now u could get serious ear canal issues in a few years maybe from now :)

(◑‿◐)

I have JBL inspire 500 ear phones, they not fully "in-ear" they do have a little nub that just kinda sits in there, but it has a way of locking into your ear so it doesn't just fall out. they are quite comfortable and have decent sound, i dont use them at my desktop, i have a proper headset for that, only if im going out somewhere with my phone or just connect it via Bluetooth to my laptop for usage elsewhere in the house

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

On 10/5/2017 at 4:30 AM, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

Regular use of earplugs can lead to swelling and local infection of the skin of the external ear canal, although their occasional use is likely to be harmless.

not everyone have it but ALOT of ppl do

also regular use of earplugs ( in ear ) causes the ear to lose its own cleaning function with wax so the ear cant create wax anymore while its inside and that can lead to the infections or even ear canal damage

so short said, even if u dont notice anything right now u could get serious ear canal issues in a few years maybe from now :)

I know these aren't "sport earphones" but I have been using the Etymotic MicroPro ER-4S earphones which are fully in ear. There is even a little paper that tells you to make sure that there is a deep seal in the ear canal. I have never had problems with ears natural cleaning processes and the only thing in ear earphones is that by the end of the day you ear canal may be a little bit bigger. But that just goes right back to normal the following morning. 

On 10/5/2017 at 3:05 AM, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

That's just not true.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

5 hours ago, spwath said:

That's just not true.

4 hours ago, NinJake said:

Can agree I've used in-ears for the past 10 years and my ears haven't been damaged due to friction lol

go to an otolaryngologist and tell them the same, u will see :)

i recently been to one and yeah unless the earphones are molded specificly to ur ear ( yeah those earphones exist ) and not just the rubber round ones ect, it damages ur ear... believe as u wish its ur body u damage man , id rather believe an otolaryngologist then som1 just saying no because he thinks so or doesnt have pain xD

the ones that go all the way in ur ear, damages the ear overtime, point out

the ones that dont go all the way in the ear dont damage > said by an otolaryngologist <

if u dont believe it make an appointment :P

(◑‿◐)

1 hour ago, Valkyrie Lenneth said:

go to an otolaryngologist and tell them the same, u will see :)

i recently been to one and yeah unless the earphones are molded specificly to ur ear

Yeah... I've been using 5 dollar amazon earbuds for the past 3 years even throughout mountain biking/hiking/running and my ears are still fine. They aren't molded at all, especially for 5 dollars lol.

3 minutes ago, krkevin said:

So..Bose SoundSport In-Ear Wireless is OK?

10424243.jpg

I'm sure they will be fine for you. As i mentioned earlier, I use some cheap-o panasonic earbuds off amazon for like 5 dollars over the past few  years and they still hold up fine.

7 minutes ago, NinJake said:

I'm sure they will be fine for you. As i mentioned earlier, I use some cheap-o panasonic earbuds off amazon for like 5 dollars over the past few  years and they still hold up fine.

Ok, thanks.

-Kevin-