Recommended Racing Wheels?

Title pretty much explains it all. I've been playing racing sims and other driving simulators for a few years with just a controller, and I'm ready to purchase a racing wheel to improve my experience.

I know very little about racing wheels, other than Logitech's G27 and G29 wheels. I know that thrust master makes good wheels, but I'm not sure which ones would be recommended for me. 

The generous amount of buttons that come on the G29 really appeals to me, and pedals with a clutch are a must. A stick shift isn't really all that important to me, as I plan on just using the paddle shifters on the wheel in conjunction with the clutch. I'm looking for something in the price range of the G29 ($275 USD), but obviously cheaper is better.

I'll be using it to play Project Cars, Dirt Rally, ETS2, ATS2, and others as I expand my library.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

check us out here for more sim racing or racing-related discussion (shameless plug)

anyways, the logitech g27 and g29 are good wheels. i'd check the used market for g27

thrustmaster are good too. most of their wheels use belt-driven motor, bit more expensive tho. the t300 is a good one, but the pedals are bad. i recommend buying separate pedals thrustmaster makes. 

fanatec are more high-end. you could find some discontinued models in used market, but they're rare. 

and there's one or two models coming out soon

Trustmaster T300 RS works best for me. Games i use it for on PC  Dirt Rally and Dirt3 and soon project cars 2 on PS4  project cars and drive club. Only thing when u want to use it for some older games you have to fidel around with some config files for example in dirt 3 but there are guides online that explain it literally step by step.   

14 minutes ago, Technicolors said:

the t300 is a good one, but the pedals are bad

Why are they bad for you ? I mean the standard ones don´t have a clutch if you are into that  but otherwise there great you can still get replacement ones and H-shifter(good but expensive) if you are into that kind of realism racing. Then there is the T500RS which already comes with the clutch pedals but i dont like the fixed gear shifters compared to the ones which move along with the wheel on the t300rs. So if you want to have clutch and h-shifter T500RS if not go for the T300RS.

7 minutes ago, Klemmbrett said:

Trustmaster T300 RS works best for me. Games i use it for on PC  Dirt Rally and Dirt3 and soon project cars 2 on PS4  project cars and drive club. Only thing when u want to use it for some older games you have to fidel around with some config files for example in dirt 3 but there are guides online that explain it literally step by step.   

How long have you had it? A lot of Amazon reviews seem to complain about durability issues.

~Air Cooling Advocate~

1 minute ago, Votivee said:

How long have you had it? A lot of Amazon reviews seem to complain about durability issues.

I would say 2 or 2 1/2 years nothing broken so far just nearly the wrist of my ex girlfriend when she tried it with my force feedback setting on project cars and crashed into a wall. 

I use a G27 and it's pretty great, if you can find one for a good price then it's totally worth it, especially since it comes with the shifter and the G29 does not.