GOOGLE EVENT MEGA THREAD

Just now, AG1233 said:

Welp no more headphone jack.

99$ for a pen, 999$ for the pixelbook (starting point -.-); no headphone jack...

Is this Apple?

Just now, Goku-sama said:

99$ for a pen, 999$ for the pixelbook (starting point -.-); no headphone jack...

Is this Apple?

I was laughing so hard at their hypocrisy,they made fun of apple last year when they removed the headphone jack and they did the same shit a year later.

3 minutes ago, AG1233 said:

I was laughing so hard at their hypocrisy,they made fun of apple last year when they removed the headphone jack and they did the same shit a year later.

Let's just wait how many people actually blame apple for google removing headphone jack.

I swear.....

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is. 

10 minutes ago, AG1233 said:

Welp no more headphone jack.

Oh boy I wonder what Samsung will do next year. If they remove the headphone jack, 10/10 when I upgrade my S8+ in 2019 I'll probably be getting an iPhone. What'd be the difference then? They'd both have NFC for mobile payement, they both would have wireless charging and displays and shit

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

59d5167132e5e_ScreenShot2017-10-04at10_41_41PM.png.bec978e9c49fef0add648ae4bede0215.png

This is a pretty nice feature but doesn't this mean that the microphone will always be active and listening to everything?

2 minutes ago, AG1233 said:

-snip

This is a pretty nice feature but doesn't this mean that the microphone will always be active and listening to everything?

Been trying to get an acceptable answer to that since Siri/OK Google

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

Just now, wcreek said:

Oh boy I wonder what Samsung will do next year. If they remove the headphone jack, 10/10 when I upgrade my S8+ in 2019 I'll probably be getting an iPhone. What'd be the difference then? They'd both have NFC for mobile payement, they both would have wireless charging and displays and shit

Indeed i expect Samsung to remove it from the rumoured foldable phone thats coming up next year, but I really wonder if they will remove it from the S series.

Also I don't really use headphone jack and use wireless earphones and headphones,but it's pretty funny to me that pretty much every company at one point of time questioned the removal of headphone jack in one way or another but they are all following suite.

lol no headphone jack

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

4 minutes ago, AG1233 said:

Indeed i expect Samsung to remove it from the rumoured foldable phone thats coming up next year, but I really wonder if they will remove it from the S series.

Also I don't really use headphone jack and use wireless earphones and headphones,but it's pretty funny to me that pretty much every company at one point of time questioned the removal of headphone jack in one way or another but they are all following suite.

Outside of Android being a better OS, Apple did just open their code but for me it's kinda like well having all these features are nice but as devices start losing those features you start becoming more like your competition and gives at least me less reason to want to stay buying your stuff.

11 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Warning: iOS doesn't have any sort of customisability whatsoever.... 

So, if you are a avid android user... be aware of this... 

2 minutes ago, wcreek said:

Outside of Android being a better OS, Apple did just open their code but for me it's kinda like well having all these features are nice but as devices start losing those features you start becoming more like your competition and gives at least me less reason to want to stay buying your stuff.

To be honest since I don't customise my phone as much as other users probably do I don't really feel too big of a difference between Android or IOS.

Indeed,nowadays I feel like in flagships in there are 1-2 different features to separate them from the rest.You just choose whichever one you like based on those features.There won't be too much difference in real life performance in the phone you picked and the competition.

DLT2LqXUEAAAJkn.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.999ea0b9e8b392a34186c6552b5c39a7.jpeg

Pixel 2 gets the highest score for Dxo Mark,now to wait and see if the iPhone X will stack up against it(I doubt it will).

1 minute ago, The Benjamins said:

LOL the iPhone X as the best smartphone camera lasted a long time.

*Iphone 8 plus

I believe there are different cameras in the X and the 8.

If the pixel 2 had a headphone jack it would be handowns the best phone on the market. So much that is good about it...

Just now, mrchow19910319 said:

Warning: iOS doesn't have any sort of customisability whatsoever.... 

So, if you are a avid android user... be aware of this... 

I am well aware of what iOS lacks granted I haven't used it since iOS 5, I have been on the fence of getting another iDevice just because my boyfriend does have an iPod Touch and maybe using facetime or iMessage would be a neat option if he was up for it. Like I said I have an S8+ and if that broke I would have my S6 to fall back on until I could get my S8+ repaired so getting an iPhone 6 or 6s would be stupid. Because if I broke my S8+ I doubt I would be stupid enough to break my S6 too, but the only phone I've ever broken really was my Moto G2 which fell in a couch and got crushed but I fixed it but then I fucked up my fix for some reason I don't exactly remember I just know the replacement screen got fuckd too. 

5 minutes ago, AG1233 said:

To be honest since I don't customise my phone as much as other users probably do I don't really feel too big of a difference between Android or IOS.

Indeed,nowadays I feel like in flagships in there are 1-2 different features to separate them from the rest.You just choose whichever one you like based on those features.There won't be too much difference in real life performance in the phone you picked and the competition.

All I'm customizing really the launcher, I still am not a super huge fan of Samsung's launcher so I put on the Google Now Launcher.

But I will say, the new Samsung launcher is nice. Better than the one on my S6.

Just now, wcreek said:

All I'm customizing really the launcher, I still am not a super huge fan of Samsung's launcher so I put on the Google Now Launcher.

But I will say, the new Samsung launcher is nice. Better than the one on my S6.

I can agree with that I am using the S8+ as well,currently the launcher is really better and smooth than I remember it being in the S5.

1 minute ago, Sampsy said:

No headphone jack. So it's a $649 paperweight. 

There have been occasions where I do charge my phone and listen to music. Obviously wireless is a better solution for doing that because its awkward with having those two cables but its nice to have that option. 

9 minutes ago, wcreek said:

I am well aware of what iOS lacks granted I haven't used it since iOS 5, I have been on the fence of getting another iDevice just because my boyfriend does have an iPod Touch and maybe using facetime or iMessage would be a neat option if he was up for it. Like I said I have an S8+ and if that broke I would have my S6 to fall back on until I could get my S8+ repaired so getting an iPhone 6 or 6s would be stupid. Because if I broke my S8+ I doubt I would be stupid enough to break my S6 too, but the only phone I've ever broken really was my Moto G2 which fell in a couch and got crushed but I fixed it but then I fucked up my fix for some reason I don't exactly remember I just know the replacement screen got fuckd too. 

stop... breaking... stuff....

I was so ready to buy the Pixel 2 XL, but I’m not paying an extra $100 than what I expected, and I’m not getting another device without a headphone jack.

Well played, Google. I know you’ve lost at least two sales, maybe a third, I don’t know what my other friend’s opinion is yet.

Guess I’ll wait for a sale on the LG V30 LOL

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

welp i was right, another year, another paperweight. Gosh, such a bad year 2017 as been for phones, not a single good one without compromises.

The TL:DW in LTTForum basically is:

Microsoft: "finally we can get inside people's live and collect shit they do on their personal desktop"

Google: "hold my beer..."

Apple: "We have the best cam..."

Google: "hold my beer..."

Apple and Goole in unison: "COURAGE!"

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>