[rant] I'll never ever buy anything from Logitech again.

Paraselene

TL;DR
I submit an RMA request on one of the mice I own, it's been 50 days, and I still haven't got my replacement.

So my dad used to have an M187 mouse for his laptop, of which I've bought and give it to him.
Early August he came to me and say like "hey son, the mouse you gave me don't work now"
Having 5+ mice from already, I did the usual switch  static electricity procedure and some basic testing.
No surprise the left mouse button switch on the mouse is broken.

I proceeded to make an RMA request on Aug. 11th through their website.
Being fair, it's already like late in the evening, so let's say I made the request next Monday.
Got an Email from them on Tuesday, asking me to do some basic procedures "that I've clearly stated I've done all of them in the RMA request"
So a few emails back and forth, asked me the normal serial numbers and stuff, and got the request processed.
They say it'll take 1-2 weeks, which from past experience, I knew it's true, so I just put a reminder 2 weeks later, and forgot about it.

Two weeks after, my reminder went off, and I suddenly realized that I still don't have my mouse replacement, and my dad kept asking me about it.
He's been borrowing my g700s, of which he complains about the weight everyday, but that's the only wireless mouse I have.
So I thought to myself "Eh, maybe the transportation got delayed for a day or something"

And yet another week passed, still no sign of mouse insight, I decided to call the support line. (Sept. 4th)
Only till then I've been told "blah blah blah something wrong with our system, blah blah blah please give me all your shipment info again, so I can arrange another shipment blah blah blah we're so sorry"
Fine, so I did, and was told to wait yet another 1-2 weeks.

Another week passed (Sept. 12th), no calls, no delivery notice, no nothing. I've been alerted this time, so I called them to ask what's wrong with my mouse. (2nd call and 10+ emails at this point)
Conveniently, yet another f--king reason. "blah blah blah we change the delivery company blah blah blah, what shipment, I see none on your account blah blah blah I'll rearrange your shipment for said mice"
Yeah right, and this time I was told to wait 2+ weeks, due to their "change of delivery partners"
And sure enough, I finally have the so called "replacement approved" email the day after, stated that I should have the tracking number when the mouse have leave their facility.

Guess when did I got the tracking? Yet another week, on Sept. 22nd.
I finally have my tracking number. so there should be no issues whatsoever, and I can get my mouse finally, right?

Hell no. Due to reasons, my replacement mouse came abroad, with *insert one of the three big-name delivery company*.
Shipped on Sept. 22th, went into the customs on Sept. 25th, and just stuck there.
Literally stuck in the customs for no reason (to my knowledge) for days.

Just as I think getting my shipment out from Logitech means they can not f--k up the process anymore, I was so wrong. 
Called the delivery company on Sept. 26th, said Logitech did not supply the required docs for them to clear the customs.
I was like WTF? they shipped an package "without completed import documentation"?
And to make things even worse, apparently I can't support them myself, since it's a corporate package. God darn it.

And till this day, my package is still stuck in the customs, for who knows how long.

So basically, f--k you Logitech. 
Even though I've spend literally about $1000 on your peripherals now, and really like your product
I'll never spend another cent on your products anymore. 

This is so hilarious.

Not because you had so many problems with them, but because I can now finally say: "I was soooooo right" xD

Sorry to be completely blunt, you're complaining about a mouse the costs around $9-15? If it was under warranty, you should have sent it back to the place where you bought it from.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

And there is a reason why I don't recommend Logitech stuff other than mice. The G502 is still top notch. Everything else INCLUDING keyboards, headsets (especially those) and pretty much every crap they make for the normal consumer went from "hey they are good" to "what the fuck - Logitech? - seriously" in the last 3 to 4 years in my mind.

but hey: nice read man ;-)

11 minutes ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

And there is a reason why I don't recommend Logitech stuff other than mice. The G502 is still top notch. Everything else INCLUDING keyboards, headsets (especially those) and pretty much every crap they make for the normal consumer went from "hey they are good" to "what the fuck - Logitech? - seriously" in the last 3 to 4 years in my mind.

I second this, albeit with one exception. My el-cheapo Logitech G230 headset has been through hell these last 3 years. Several moves, rage sessions, pulled cord, cord stuck in chair wheel, etc. Only now is it finally on its last legs. I have not been gentle to the poor headset and it has still lasted me this long.

However I have a friend who used to have their G710+ keyboard. Broke within 4 months, even with him babying the keyboard. He bought a CM Masterkeys Pro M and hasn't looked back.

I used to swear by Logitech products, but not anymore.

They are still better than Steelseries. Hell, anything is better than Steelseries! But that is another story for another time.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.

I like Logitechs gaming series, and have the G602 my self. However, everything else is Corsair for me. Much better customer service.

For example, I purchased a code Lighting Node Pro kit, and the controller died after 3 months. Filled for RMA, I had a new kit within a week, and they let me keep the original LED strips. Much easier. Especially since it was mailed from the states.

2 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

Sorry to be completely blunt, you're complaining about a mouse the costs around $9-15? If it was under warranty, you should have sent it back to the place where you bought it from.

I wish I could. That's the problem, the store which I've purchased from has already closed, since it's basically a generic mouse which you could buy at any computer hardware store.
I thought it was from logitech, and not some no-name brand so I bought it.

And it's not just about "this" particular mouse. I've heard plenty of people complaining on local hardware forums about the same issue.
They've literally stucked batches after batches of mice / keyboard / other stuff at the customs in my country.

And also not everywhere have such good return policy as the U.S. so I'm basically stuck there.

2 hours ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

It's not the product type, it's they f--ked up their RMA process big time.
I personally know several friends who have their g502 / k something keyboard / mx master mouse all stucj in the same state, some even put through the RMA process earlier than me. One of which is in the RMA process since late July.

2 hours ago, Phentos said:

I second this, albeit with one exception. My el-cheapo Logitech G230 headset has been through hell these last 3 years. Several moves, rage sessions, pulled cord, cord stuck in chair wheel, etc. Only now is it finally on its last legs. I have not been gentle to the poor headset and it has still lasted me this long.

However I have a friend who used to have their G710+ keyboard. Broke within 4 months, even with him babying the keyboard. He bought a CM Masterkeys Pro M and hasn't looked back.

I used to swear by Logitech products, but not anymore.

They are still better than Steelseries. Hell, anything is better than Steelseries! But that is another story for another time.

So do I. I really liked their product since my first purchase of a G300, however their recent f--kup really get me off the boat.

If your micro-switch is basically sh*t for years, and you guys are not gonna change it? Fine.
At least have a reasonable RMA process. That's what keep me on the boat these years,
So losing that mean, no matter how I like the shape, the grip in my hand, the scroll wheel, it's just not gonna work.

Really going to find a replacement when my G502 dies, as well as my g700s. Pretty hard to find mice in those shape and functionality these days.

my beefy wireless mouse costs a few £ and havent had any problems for months, its been great and even offers more buttons and adjustable DPI button.

Shame on you logitech, other companies have better quality products for less.

I had bought the G430's, the day I unboxed them and installed drivers and stuff, it worked horribly, sound would stop working sporadically when VoIP was involved, quality wasn't good, apparently firmware was just crap, I went with Logitech's support, they said it was an issue with the headset it self, and told me to RMA it, I HAD TO PAY for it because I don't live in the US or Europe, I got a new headset, and was the same issue, upon hitting their forums turns out a lot of people had the same issue, and I had totally paid to RMA a headset that was just crap.

I'm with you on this one, never buying Logitech Again.

And yet another week have passed, with no mice in sight, or on my doorstep.
It's been really bad at this point, that I want to just go out and get another one.
Is there any good suggestions for very small wireless mice that does not suck?

Hey a fellow Taiwanese member!

It is unfortunate that you are stuck on this terrible RMA process. Logitech recently changed their RMA process, and believe it or not, it used to be muuuuuuch better than it is now.

Because of the RMA policy changes I don't really recommend Logitech mice as much as I used to. Sure, they make excellent mice, but unless you're willing to deal with basically what you're going through, don't buy Logitech mice. There are so many rant posts on local forums here it's actually depressing to see how big a change this company underwent.

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition

On 10/4/2017 at 3:47 AM, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

G900 ChaosSpectrum

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

I've been using Logitech since my first real pc in the 90's

First the cheap mice and later the mx 500 510 518. I always wanted the new one when it came out. Now i'm using a 400s and mx master, and all of them never had any problem. My 518 still works great to this day, my brother in law uses it. 

The same with keyboards.

Always had a logitech one, and i only switched because of new technolgy.

Only one died in ~20ish years because of a glass of bacardi cola dropped on it.

Now i'm using a 910 orion spark and i loved using every one of them. 

Why the long story? 

I just want to show that not everything is bad about logitech, just because your 15 dollar mouse broke and got stuck in customs.

Just buy your dad a new 15 dollar mouse and get over it. 

22 hours ago, 259801_1454182106 said:

I've been using Logitech since my first real pc in the 90's

First the cheap mice and later the mx 500 510 518. I always wanted the new one when it came out. Now i'm using a 400s and mx master, and all of them never had any problem. My 518 still works great to this day, my brother in law uses it. 

The same with keyboards.

Always had a logitech one, and i only switched because of new technolgy.

Only one died in ~20ish years because of a glass of bacardi cola dropped on it.

Now i'm using a 910 orion spark and i loved using every one of them. 

Why the long story? 

I just want to show that not everything is bad about logitech, just because your 15 dollar mouse broke and got stuck in customs.

Just buy your dad a new 15 dollar mouse and get over it. 

I appreciate the story, I used to be a huge fan for their mice, since my first purchased g300 for my laptop, basically every mouse amd gamepad I have is from them. The problem is not (mainly) about my basically $10 mouse. It's about their customer support's inability of providing accurate info, failure to notify customer when there's issue that might delay the shipment, multiple times of not making their supposed delivery date, and generally failed communication with customer. It's more of afraid that this kind of support service will become the new norm, that's what makes me wanna stay away from their further product(s). 

Courtesy of @exousia7, I dig through a few local forums, and realized that It's not just me who have their Logitech product stuck in the RMA flow, but basically everyone who have their product sent through the process since mid to late July.

Even they know there's a problem nation wide, they still refuse to actively contact their customer, just a call or text saying "because xxx, you might expect delay, and a delivery date" would makes this situation so much better. But no, they choose to be silent, and obfuscated the truth from the customer, until they couldn't wait and call them directly. This kind of passive attitude makes the experience so much worse than what it could've been. What if today it's not my dad's mouse that broke, but my daily driver g502? g700s? That would guarantee I have to buy another one. This is what makes me so furious now thinking about all this.

But to be fair, I have to admit that the micro-switch that Logitech refuse to change for literally years is the main culprit here. Every time I need to have my mice fixed, it's because the f--king micro-switch. They would rather cheap-out on a $1 micro-switch, and to have me fix my mice and went through this basically hell process. ALL of my Logitech mice have died at least once in their warranty lifespan. Before this incident, I still bought their product because of their strong RMA support, if this doesn't exist anymore, I don't know if I could justify buying their products anymore. Probably not.

Anyway, what I'm saying is, this is not just a $10 mouse breakdown. I know that Logitech makes great product, but if their customer support will be like this from now on, I just won't buy it anymore. 

And also updates, I finally have my mice scheduled for delivery today, thanks to UPS that would at least text me to let me know my package is coming.

12 hours ago, Paraselene said:

And also updates, I finally have my mice scheduled for delivery today, thanks to UPS that would at least text me to let me know my package is coming.

Hope you finally get it this time!

Intel Xeon E3-1230 V2 | CM Hyper 212 Evo | MSI ZH77A-G43 | HyperX Fury DDR3 8GBx2 | MSI GTX 1060 GAMING X 3GB

Lian-Li PC-A05FN | SanDisk Ultra II 240GB | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold 550W | ASUS MG248Q

Cherry G80-3000 (blue) | Ducky 9008 Shine 2 (black/blue LED) | Ducky 9087 Shine 2 Year of the Dragon (brown/yellow LED)

Ducky Mini Year of the Horse (white/blue+red LED) | Steelseries 6Gv2 (black) | Leopold FC660M (red) | Vortex Race 3 (blue)

Logitech G400s | Razer Abyssus Mirror Edition | Razer Goliathus Speed

Steelseries Sensei RAW | SteelSeries Qck | Zowie EC1-ASteelseries Qck+ Fnatic edition