Yahoo just said every single account was affected by 2013 attack — 3 billion in all

TimeOmnivore
1 minute ago, WMGroomAK said:

Yahoo email does have one good use, as a throw-away email account when you're required to sign up for a service that you'll only use once...  

Why not just use Gmail to create a throwaway in those cases?

Hopefully Verizon bought Yahoo for one single benevolent purpose: buy it to shut it down completely. Take it out back and shoot it. It's the only way to be safe.

There is no value in Yahoo beyond the inflated price they sold for. In fact their only asset was their stock in Alibaba which propped up the rest of the company and they spun that part off and sold the rest. It's like they extracted a healthy kidney and then sold the remaining organs except they're cancerous.

It's crazy how poorly Yahoo was run. I mean all data hacked in a massive security breach. How did no one have the expertise to prevent even one single user's information from being stolen? A tech company with no talent apparently. And to think that Yahoo's management had so little business savvy that they're worse than their product teams. The bosses ran it into the ground and received a hefty rewards to do so. I want to note this one in particular. How can you be so inept and get to be CEO; causing a company to implode and be rewarded $239 million to fuck off?

1 hour ago, WMGroomAK said:

Yahoo email does have one good use, as a throw-away email account when you're required to sign up for a service that you'll only use once...  

1 hour ago, TimeOmnivore said:

Why not just use Gmail to create a throwaway in those cases?

I keep a junk account in Gmail just for that purpose.  I almost never access it, unless I have to click on something in the e-mail, otherwise I just allow most all my spam to go there.

19 hours ago, WMGroomAK said:

There are websites which generates throw-away emails for you. Just one click and your done. Much easier than signing up for a brand new yahoo email.