DeUHD

WereCat
Go to solution Solved by Jito463,
On 10/3/2017 at 5:38 AM, WereCat said:

It seems the software doesn't always work, even when tested with the recommended drive and the listed titles.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/deuhd-tool-can-rip-uhd-blu-ray-discs.73671/#post-474157

https://torrentfreak.com/new-deuhd-tool-can-rip-uhd-blu-ray-discs-171002/

TorrentFreak reached out to a source who tested the software with the supported LG BE16NU50 drive and three of the listed movies, but this didn’t work. This could mean that there are still some issues that need to be ironed out.

Source:

https://www.myce.com/news/russian-company-releases-tool-remove-copy-protection-ultra-hd-blu-ray-discs-aacs-2-0-broken-try-82592/

There is currently little information available about the company Arusoft other than that they state to be Russian developers. Nevertheless, the developers claim to be able to remove the (AACS 2.0) copy protection from Ultra HD Blu-ray discs. DeUHD  works on Windows 7, Windows 8(.1) and Windows 10. It does its job in the background and will automatically rip Ultra HD Blu-ray movies when inserted in a compatible optical drive.  The resulting decrypted movie can either be saved as folder or ISO file to the HDD and played back with software like VLC Player, Media Player Classic or KMPlayer. Arusoft claims the picture quality is 1:1 with the original.

Before anyone starts to scream "piracy"...

Yes, this software is made for that in the first place. However, this can be also used to RIP your original copies and throw them on your NAS like Linus does.

Whether that is legal or not really depends on the laws in your country.

I wonder if this can be also used to circumvent the DRM that requires at least KabyLake iGPU or Pascal GPU to allow people watch their media on devices that would normally not run it.

its just a dick move to require a full HDCP 2.2 capable setup to watch Netflix/Amazon Instant video stuff in UHD you pay for this stuff you have fully capable Hardware but no you need a 10xx nvida graphics card or Kaby Lake CPU + Windows 10 + edge browser + monitor that also supports hdcp 2.2. And its so unreasonable because the people that want to break it will find a way to break it somehow someday. While 90 % of loyal paying consumers that consume this over a PC get fucked over.  

LOL I don't watch any movies, so this isn't any use to me. Still cool though.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Pretty neat but like many things it was only a matter of time before someone said hey let's do this. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

199€ for software to rip 30€ a piece movies. This is why I don't really care about 4K yet.

I don't want to pirate the movies either, I like having a physical collection of disks but at the same time I prefer ripping the movies and watching them thru PLEX, without all the copy protection and forced trailer bs you get with the disk. 

I'll just wait for the 4K Blurays to come down in price and for makeMKV to support it.

But I guess this is a step in the right direction!

2 hours ago, chilicheeseburger said:

199€ for software to rip 30€ a piece movies. This is why I don't really care about 4K yet.

I don't want to pirate the movies either, I like having a physical collection of disks but at the same time I prefer ripping the movies and watching them thru PLEX, without all the copy protection and forced trailer bs you get with the disk. 

I'll just wait for the 4K Blurays to come down in price and for makeMKV to support it.

But I guess this is a step in the right direction!

Well, you have to invest into 4k TV, 4k BR Player and if you want to keep your BR movies on NAS then you have to invest in the NAS and in the software.

It's a lot of money if you want to use it legitimately right now but that doesn't mean there won't be any other free version of the software in the future.

Just now, WereCat said:

Well, you have to invest into 4k TV, 4k BR Player and if you want to keep your BR movies on NAS then you have to invest in the NAS and in the software.

It's a lot of money if you want to use it legitimately right now but that doesn't mean there won't be any other free version of the software in the future.

I'm actually planning on upgrading my TV and getting a 4K TV because the old one started to have these weird lines in the picture. Don't own a 4K BR Player and if I were to buy one I'd consider just getting an Xbone S. I do have a server running plex and storing my movies and music. It works really well. 

11 hours ago, Klemmbrett said:

its just a dick move to require a full HDCP 2.2 capable setup to watch Netflix/Amazon Instant video stuff in UHD you pay for this stuff you have fully capable Hardware but no you need a 10xx nvida graphics card or Kaby Lake CPU + Windows 10 + edge browser + monitor that also supports hdcp 2.2. And its so unreasonable because the people that want to break it will find a way to break it somehow someday. While 90 % of loyal paying consumers that consume this over a PC get fucked over.  

It seems game and film studios never learn...

They think if they pile on more and more obnoxious DRM, it'll make the problem go away. Nope, you're just daring people who do this for the lulz to spend more time and energy trying to break your DRM, and in the meantime you inconvenience the fuck out of all the people who actually paid for your content and make then never want to buy from you again.

Corsair 600T | Intel Core i7-4770K @ 4.5GHz | Samsung SSD Evo 970 1TB | MS Windows 10 | Samsung CF791 34" | 16GB 1600 MHz Kingston DDR3 HyperX | ASUS Formula VI | Corsair H110  Corsair AX1200i | ASUS Strix Vega 56 8GB Internet http://beta.speedtest.net/result/4365368180

In the past month I bough a usb Blu ray player and several legit Blu Ray movies. It is so frustrating that they force you to use special software that is either hard to get ro very expensive to decrypt the movies I bought, why do that have to do this? It is only hurting their own sales if they do that.

I was wondering when someone was going to find a way around the DRM on these UHD discs.  Finally, I was planning to do a NAS for movie storage but was holding off until I could backup my UHD Blu-rays.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Cool cause such DRMs suck. Though I don't really watch movies, series. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Corsair K63 Cherry MX red | Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

On 10/3/2017 at 5:38 AM, WereCat said:

It seems the software doesn't always work, even when tested with the recommended drive and the listed titles.

https://forum.redfox.bz/threads/deuhd-tool-can-rip-uhd-blu-ray-discs.73671/#post-474157

https://torrentfreak.com/new-deuhd-tool-can-rip-uhd-blu-ray-discs-171002/

TorrentFreak reached out to a source who tested the software with the supported LG BE16NU50 drive and three of the listed movies, but this didn’t work. This could mean that there are still some issues that need to be ironed out.

14 hours ago, Inkz said:

In the past month I bough a usb Blu ray player and several legit Blu Ray movies. It is so frustrating that they force you to use special software that is either hard to get ro very expensive to decrypt the movies I bought, why do that have to do this? It is only hurting their own sales if they do that.

When it comes to non-UHD Blu-Rays (Meaning traditional 1080p Blu-Ray movies), it's actually incredibly easy and reliable to rip them.

MakeMKV is basically the Blu-Ray ripping tool these days. I've never had it fail on me in ripping dozens of movies. It's readily available, free (for as long as it's in BETA, which has been forever, so I don't know if or when that will change), and very easy to use:

http://www.makemkv.com/

The problem is UHD movies because they use the newer encryption standard.

This deUHD is good news but I'll be happy to see this encryption cracking method spread to other (free or inexpensive) ripping applications.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

This is very nice. My UHD Blu-ray collection is constantly growing and is already at a decent side. It has bothered me from the start that I can't take make a proper backup of them. But 4-6 hours to decrypt? Oh boy, that's going to be fun. 

I'm going to wait a while before I try it out, probably some quirks to iron out, and maybe they can get the decryption time down. 

Ryzen 7 5800X     Corsair H115i Platinum     ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)     G.Skill Trident Z 3600CL16 (@3800MHzCL16 and other tweaked timings)     

MSI RTX 3080 Gaming X Trio    Corsair HX850     WD Black SN850 1TB     Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB     Samsung 840 EVO 500GB     Acer XB271HU 27" 1440p 165hz G-Sync     ASUS ProArt PA278QV     LG C8 55"     Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X Glass     Logitech G915      Logitech MX Vertical      Steelseries Arctis 7 Wireless 2019      Windows 10 Pro x64

I'd no one else slightly alarmed by a program from a no name "company" being designed to do something like this and just also happens to run in the background.

At least it isn't free, because then I'd be almost certain there is some data mining or other nefarious code in there...

1 hour ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I'd no one else slightly alarmed by a program from a no name "company" being designed to do something like this and just also happens to run in the background.

At least it isn't free, because then I'd be almost certain there is some data mining or other nefarious code in there...

Oh yeah - I'm not installing that software at all. Definitely is a bit sketch.

I'll wait until someone I trust, like MakeMKV, is able to implement the decryption.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

On 10/4/2017 at 6:04 AM, dalekphalm said:

When it comes to non-UHD Blu-Rays (Meaning traditional 1080p Blu-Ray movies), it's actually incredibly easy and reliable to rip them.

MakeMKV is basically the Blu-Ray ripping tool these days. I've never had it fail on me in ripping dozens of movies. It's readily available, free (for as long as it's in BETA, which has been forever, so I don't know if or when that will change), and very easy to use:

http://www.makemkv.com/

The problem is UHD movies because they use the newer encryption standard.

This deUHD is good news but I'll be happy to see this encryption cracking method spread to other (free or inexpensive) ripping applications.

TBH, I don't consider vanilla Blu Ray to be truly broken (yet) as encryption keys still need to be intercepted to decrypt new movies, meaning blu ray rippers are reliant on updates to remain functional. I believe this is called a side channel attack, where weaknesses in storing the keys are exploited, but is not an attack on the encryption scheme itself. The software needs access to the keys to decrypt Blu Ray discs.

To be considered broken entirely is for a software to be able to decrypt a Blu Ray disc without relying on a database of keys to do so. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

So feel films are in the pipeline at 4K anyway and just upscaled.  I can give a title for obvious reasons but the 100 million dollar feature film I'm working on right now, it's whole VFX pipeline only has a working resolution of 2202x1152.  :P

10 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

TBH, I don't consider vanilla Blu Ray to be truly broken (yet) as encryption keys still need to be intercepted to decrypt new movies, meaning blu ray rippers are reliant on updates to remain functional. I believe this is called a side channel attack, where weaknesses in storing the keys are exploited, but is not an attack on the encryption scheme itself. The software needs access to the keys to decrypt Blu Ray discs.

To be considered broken entirely is for a software to be able to decrypt a Blu Ray disc without relying on a database of keys to do so. 

I dont think it will be long before they carck open that nut. Doubt the industry uses something brutal because that would drive up the price of BD players...

11 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

I dont think it will be long before they carck open that nut. Doubt the industry uses something brutal because that would drive up the price of BD players...

Unfortunately, AES encryption tends to be a tough nut to crack. Current decryption software only functions because the keys used to encrypt the blu ray discs make it to the hands of the developers, usually via exploits of where the keys are stored. However, future blu ray discs can be encrypted with a new key (which is then issued via update to blu ray players and software), rendering decryption software completely useless without developers finding the key and issuing an update. 

Usually this process is quite rapid, but I utterly despise the reliance on updates for Blu Ray decryption software. If the developers go defunct or are arrested/sued out of existence, the software is virtually useless. I don't like relying on software that could go dead on me at any time.

Given how tough AACS is to attack directly, I'd figure AACS 2.0 used for UHD Blu Ray isn't too far different, but rather puts focus on protecting the private keys from side channel attacks, hence the onerous requirements to play this content on PC.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

10 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

However, future blu ray discs can be encrypted with a new key (which is then issued via update to blu ray players and software)

Thats pretty dumb, knowing manufacturers wont update anything that is older than 1 year.... X'D