Help me choose Cpu cooler

Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,
11 minutes ago, huskyhunter47 said:

So both the cooler in size of the heat sinks are the same ?.
The bigger the heat sinks the better right ?.

The size is a good rule of thumb to go by but it's not always the case. Look at benchmarks and in-depth reviews whenever possible.

The sizes are similar but the heatsinks aren't the same. 

The 212 LED Turbo uses an older design with more spread out heatpipes so the heatsink is worse but the extra fan can help make up the performance. The 212x has a better fan though and would be the better choice if you don't need the red aesthetic.

Hello Everyone,
Can you help me choose a cooler which one should i buy from these two.

Cooler Master Hyper 212X - Premium Air-

https://www.amazon.in/Cooler-Master-Hyper-212X-Processor/dp/B00HNSD69O/ref=sr_1_6?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1506929733&sr=1-6&keywords=cooler+master+hyper+212

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Led Turbo Red Cover Xtraflo-

https://www.amazon.in/Cooler-Xtraflo-Quick-Snap-Bracket-Rr-212Tr-16Pr-R1/dp/B06VWX2QLT/ref=sr_1_5?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1506929733&sr=1-5&keywords=cooler+master+hyper+212

If there other better then those two under the same price please recommend me.
Thank you :)

they basically are the same, you have to decide what goes with your build in terms of color.

That cooler is pretty much the budget price to performance king, you will not get a better one that has reliable info about it. If you can spend more there is a bigger story to it .... :-)

Just now, firelighter487 said:

basically the same... what cpu will you be using with it?

AMD FX-4300, the cooler might be too much for it but for future i won`t have to buy another one if i switch to ryzen series.
Thank you for a quick reply.

1 minute ago, huskyhunter47 said:

AMD FX-4300, the cooler might be too much for it but for future i won`t have to buy another one if i switch to ryzen series.
Thank you for a quick reply.

i used a standard hyper 212 evo with a core 2 quad q9550 machine for a while. it was completely fine. even overclocked to 3.7 ghz stayed below 70 degrees Celsius.

that cpu, and the fx 4300 both have a 95 watt tdp. so they should get just as hot, in theory. without the overclock, i never got above 60-65 degrees Celsius

She/Her

11 minutes ago, huskyhunter47 said:

The size is a good rule of thumb to go by but it's not always the case. Look at benchmarks and in-depth reviews whenever possible.

The sizes are similar but the heatsinks aren't the same. 

The 212 LED Turbo uses an older design with more spread out heatpipes so the heatsink is worse but the extra fan can help make up the performance. The 212x has a better fan though and would be the better choice if you don't need the red aesthetic.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

1 hour ago, ItsTheDuckAgain said:

That cooler is pretty much the budget price to performance king, you will not get a better one that has reliable info about it.

I would argue that H7 beats 212 in budget aspect. If they are both at same price point, maybe $5 between, H7 is better overall choice. Usually H7 isn't available or prices have more like $10 difference. In which case price would mean more than actual performance/quality numbers. King of sub-$50 coolers is still Pure Rock.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv