Asus Aura losing settings

Hey yall, 

I've build a new pc with some parts having rgb (Asus Strix Z270, Asus Rog Strix 1080TI 11G & G.Skill Trident Z 2x8GB 3200Mhz) but the Asus Aura software keeps resetting every time i turn off and on my pc.

I've looked online for solutions and causes and so far none have seemed to work out for me.
 From what i've read online is that the Aura software only remembers settings as long as the mobo has power which, if true, would be idiotic. but the software also resets whenever i reboot my pc (while the orange indicator led is still on, so no power loss). I've tried using the Aura software in Admin mode, have it start up with the pc, redownloaded the software, update the BIOS, again redownload the software, figured that maybe razer synapse is causing an issue so first turned it off and later deinstalled synapse to no avail. All i want is to turn on my pc, and have the rgb light up the way i want, instead of turning on the pc, having to open Aura and change every rgb area to my liking (going with a two-tone).

Help would be much appreciated

Greetings,

Lidith

P.s. could i connect the fan/rgb controller of the Thermaltake water 3.0 riing 360 to sync/control the rgb through some sort of software? The fan/rgb controller has some undocumented connector.

GFs pc has an Aura mobo and it defaults to rainbow vomit every time it's powered off. Quite annoying.
I'd also like to know if there's a fix out there for this.

Gaming PCs:
Intel i7 4790k, EVGA GTX 980ti, NZXT H440
Intel i5 7600k, Asus GTX 970 DC Mini, Silverstone SG13B
HTPC: AMD Phenom II X6 1045t, EVGA GTX 770 FTW, Fractal Node 604

6 minutes ago, Gumi Rokkaku said:

GFs pc has an Aura mobo and it defaults to rainbow vomit every time it's powered off. Quite annoying.

Indeed, thats also the case with mine. Having to both click the settings i want, change the colours on all area's, and then having to go to shutdown because that will also be on rainbow. Lighting up my room like a christmas tree

I almost wanna reach out to Asus support. About the only thing that hasn't been tried.

Gaming PCs:

For some reason my asus aura hasnt resetted in two whole days!! i have no idea how or why. ill just hope it stays that way

Still working?

Gaming PCs:

Hi guys, i had the same issue with aura resetting to default after boot up, i tried several things but the last thing i did, this morning,  was uninstall the aura software after setting all the lights up (mobo an led strip) then shutdown the pc, turn on again, and VOILA!! lights kept the settings, I've rebooted the pc a couple of times after that and it's still working...

hope it helps...

ps. you can even set the lights to off when pc is not running.

so far aura is working fine for me, after i installed my asus rog strix 1080ti o11g, so go on over and buy that sucker just to keep your lighting on xD

But seriously, i have no idea why, but aura just started working like it should after i installed that gpu. and whats more, it also saves the settings after power loss.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2017 at 1:32 PM, Gumi Rokkaku said:

I have the exact same issue. I did find an odd solution though. Every time you boot from shutdown, go into BIOS, then exit, and it remembers the settings once you log into Windows. 

Let me know if I'm crazy and the only one this is happening to, or if this works, or if there is an actual fix (other than dropping $800 on an ASUS 1080 Ti, no matter how badly I want one).

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2017 at 11:06 PM, Novabutter said:

I have the exact same issue. I did find an odd solution though. Every time you boot from shutdown, go into BIOS, then exit, and it remembers the settings once you log into Windows. 

Let me know if I'm crazy and the only one this is happening to, or if this works, or if there is an actual fix (other than dropping $800 on an ASUS 1080 Ti, no matter how badly I want one).

I have the 1080 Ti OC as well. Same issues... Along with my Trident Z ram and Asus ROG Maximus Code IX Motherboard. So frustrating. 

The Aura software isn't even signed with a proper certificate. I am going to send off and email to Asus.

• 2 weeks later...

I have this issue too.  I have to set the settings I want for syncronised and shutdown after turning the machine on every time.

This is after being in S5 shutdown, but the PSU is still on.

Hey guys for everyone who's still interested... I ACTUALLY HAVE A SOLUTION!!!!

it took me several hours to figure this out, but it was fairly important, since this is a show PC...

Windows is messing with the sys files on boot for some reason, and you can prevent this by unchecking the fastboot option in Windows 10.

To do this, press win+x

In the power Options chose what the power buttons do

Show unavailable options

Disable fast startup

To do this, your boot settings have to be UEFI and the os has to have control over some stuff I can't remember exactly what I checked tho... If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them

^_^

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

i'm in the like shit with this soft xD

Ok thank's TSG_tesla, I try this to night :D 

On 12/25/2017 at 4:36 PM, TSG_tesla said:

it took me several hours to figure this out, but it was fairly important, since this is a show PC...

Windows is messing with the sys files on boot for some reason, and you can prevent this by unchecking the fastboot option in Windows 10.

To do this, press win+x

Show unavailable options

Disable fast startup

To do this, your boot settings have to be UEFI and the os has to have control over some stuff I can't remember exactly what I checked tho... If you have any questions, I'll try to answer them

^_^

YES, IT WORKS! (Disabling Fastboot/Startup in Windows 10)
For the last week, I have been using the fix suggested by TSG_tesla. And Hay it works (For Me at least) or in my case, keep working for more then one or two bootups. LOL
Every thing else i tried either didn't work or only for one or two startups of my PC. But now it has worked for 8 Days, 2 of those days with multiple shut down and starts. (Stupid Snow, Snow in Central Texas What the Bull.)
Thanks TSG_tesla you helped me fix the only remaining problem with my new build.

Specs: (Led & RGB Related Only)
Asus Crosshair VI Extreme (with AMD 1600x)

x2) G.Skill Trident RGB 8gb 3000MHZ (Ya I Know Not 100% compatible Speed with the Board, Yet)
ASUS ROG Strix Radeon RX 570

Cooler Master Storm Stryker

• 6 months later...
On 26/12/2017 at 6:36 AM, TSG_tesla said:

To do this, press win+x

Show unavailable options

Disable fast startup

^_^

thanks bro.. work for me...

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2017 at 2:26 PM, Lidith Von Razzel said:

Hey yall, 

I've build a new pc with some parts having rgb (Asus Strix Z270, Asus Rog Strix 1080TI 11G & G.Skill Trident Z 2x8GB 3200Mhz) but the Asus Aura software keeps resetting every time i turn off and on my pc.

I've looked online for solutions and causes and so far none have seemed to work out for me.
 From what i've read online is that the Aura software only remembers settings as long as the mobo has power which, if true, would be idiotic. but the software also resets whenever i reboot my pc (while the orange indicator led is still on, so no power loss). I've tried using the Aura software in Admin mode, have it start up with the pc, redownloaded the software, update the BIOS, again redownload the software, figured that maybe razer synapse is causing an issue so first turned it off and later deinstalled synapse to no avail. All i want is to turn on my pc, and have the rgb light up the way i want, instead of turning on the pc, having to open Aura and change every rgb area to my liking (going with a two-tone).

Help would be much appreciated

Greetings,

Lidith

P.s. could i connect the fan/rgb controller of the Thermaltake water 3.0 riing 360 to sync/control the rgb through some sort of software? The fan/rgb controller has some undocumented connector.

This has worked for me when I turn my PC all the way off, thanks! However the lights still return to default when I sleep my PC, any fix for this?

• 11 months later...

It's an old post, but it could help someone.

I simply ran Asus AURA as an administrator and it saved my lighting settings.

• 1 year later...

I'm still having this same issue sometimes.

I've tried reinstalling aura and razor synapse also tried disabling windows fast boot but sometimes i still get this issue.

Anyone else got any other options to try?

Appelzaadje - the Insane

Intel i7-4770K - Maximus VI Formula - Corsair Dominator GT 1866mhz - R9 290X - Xonar DGX - Samsung 840 Pro 256Gb - 3X WD1001FALS - Raven RV01 - Iiyama B2409HDS 3x - Custom water loop - Windows 10 Pro - XFX tripple monitor stand - Steelseries 4HD - Logitech G9, G19, G35 and Z5500

19 hours ago, Appelzaadje said:

I'm still having this same issue sometimes.

I've tried reinstalling aura and razor synapse also tried disabling windows fast boot but sometimes i still get this issue.

Anyone else got any other options to try?

The thread is bit too old for solving recent issues. If the method given doesn't work as it did 3 years ago, the issue is most likely something else.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv