Microsoft announces Office 2019. Coming in 2018?

AlTech

What I would rather have in an update is a better grammar and spelling checker.

11 hours ago, tjcater said:

What I would rather have in an update is a better grammar and spelling checker.

In my opinion, people rely way too much on those.  It makes people lazy about proofreading their own work.

One of the first things I do on any device/program is to disable the automatic correction.  I can't stand having a program change my words on me.  I don't necessarily mind if it highlights incorrect spellings (though sometimes I've seen my browser claim words are misspelled when they most certainly are not), but I loathe trying to type something out just to have my words changed without warning.

27 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

One of the first things I do on any device/program is to disable the automatic correction.  I can't stand having a program change my words on me.  I don't necessarily mind if it highlights incorrect spellings (though sometimes I've seen my browser claim words are misspelled when they most certainly are not), but I loathe trying to type something out just to have my words changed without warning.

Yeah, I dislike the autocorrects much as you do. What I'm having an issue with it is that it keeps suggesting an entirely different word than what I misspelled when a google search gets the right word ~75% of the time for me. And for grammar, it suggests that I have a mistake for something that I know for sure is correct grammar.

1 hour ago, tjcater said:

Yeah, I dislike the autocorrects much as you do. What I'm having an issue with it is that it keeps suggesting an entirely different word than what I misspelled when a google search gets the right word ~75% of the time for me. And for grammar, it suggests that I have a mistake for something that I know for sure is correct grammar.

Yep, their spelling/grammar check leaves a lot to be desired.  I think perhaps that's part of the reason I'm disappointed when people rely on them (not the whole reason, but a part of it).