Aytex

Nixeus Revel, a poor mans dream mouse?

Posted · Original PosterOP

heeyyy.thumb.png.072e12cdfb440c6bb6ae538226027e19.png

Some firsthand information, sorry for any grammatical mistakes. I got this mouse for $30 off newegg which is like $10-$20 off normal price, was a newegg flash deal.

The only selling point for this mouse was 3360 sensor for $30 :o 

My hands are around 175mm from wrinkle to tip, and 77mm across

Unboxing

Simple box, not much just a manual, the only thing that you actually want is the free provided mouse skates they give you

which is nice because my flick g1's skates are almost shredded by now but i don't have replacements. :l 

Build Quality

Auh4HWf.jpg

• Shell Very familiar to the Steelseries Sensi. Black variant has a rubberized plastic matte coasting/White has a gloss finish.
  • The finish is only on the top of the shell and the sides use the regular body plastic
  • The matte finish defiantly helps with sweaty palms, although the quality of the coating is pretty meh, the Flick's feels much more richer and smoother.
  • Overall plastic quality is meh, given its price that i've bought for $30, its ok but still, quality of plastic similar to razer's DA Chroma 
  • The Wire is standard rubber coat, not braided.

Kk9nVXc.jpg

• Macros No finish on the macro its just plastic, the're very small i've grown fond of it, your thumb has less of a travel to find the actuation switch

cWkvTss.jpg

• Mouse Wheel Very similar to the wheel on the razer naga, has three rows of bumps. Very little resistance but not enough where it free spins, pretty decent

eddsxjt.png

• Mouse Skates Same as Sensi no complaints here, and +rep for the extra pads
  • Sensor Its a PWM3360 sensor, works just as it should, does not spin out, tracks great. I cant tell between the other brand 336x variants like the 3366, 3361, 3367 from this base model.

Ergonomics

0fbn93e.jpgVlly6B7.jpg

• The hump is definitely smaller than the deathadder, and a straight curve instead of a indented curve fits nice for again small hands, as this mouse is only 127mm.

ezgif.com-resizee4c97.gifezgif.com-resize276900.gif

• If you're someone who likes support on their support fingers, than dont buy this mouse, the sides cave in, same as the flick g1
  • You're going to have to use your support fingers for grip as well.

RGB/Software

Software is optional 

56b7f2234943dd42734f80cbe10832b1.png

As crappy as the UI looks, has the basic functions of remapping and macro support, DPI/Acceleration, ect...

b61486ed54c7c8c3106ad9238ffa3763.png

You can set what lights you want on the set profile DPI Step, so on 400 dpi I have a blue, and 800 dpi its green so on and so forth

Conclusion

Works great, $30 worth, if not on sale I wouldn't buy it, i'd buy the Dream Machines DM1 Pro S instead, Comes with a braided cable and arguably better QC

Only Complaint I have is mouse wheel rattle, I got the luck of the draw and got mouse wheel rattle :( 

fantastic photos and review

seriously, it looks fantastic

so fantastic

fantastic

what a fantastic word

fantastic

fantastic

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System