Best motherboard?

Go to solution Solved by thorhammerz,

Give the ASUS Maximus X series boards a look-see (particularly the Apex/Extreme/Code/Formula variants) if you want the high-end (and overpriced) stuff :P.

So many names with numbers.. I admit so far I cant make any sence of motherboards. I am planning vr build in 3ish months for the pimax 8k. If the cost is less of an issue than high end and being as ready for things in future as possible, whats the best motherboard to go with. Only thing planned so far is I think Im going with i7 8700k. Is there a clear winner board?

Impossible to tell before the Z370 boards are even released. Even then, it depends a lot on your specific use case. In general though you might as well get the cheapest motherboard with all the features you need; except in some very niche scenarios like PLX-chip Z270's or with extreme overclocking, motherboard doesn't affect performance much if at all. 

Give the ASUS Maximus X series boards a look-see (particularly the Apex/Extreme/Code/Formula variants) if you want the high-end (and overpriced) stuff :P.

Anything from Asus.

Other manafacturers are not worth it.

Don't buy Apple M1 computers with 8GB of RAM